Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Yeah he’s an unbelievable player and would instantly solve all our goal scoring problems BUT it’s also hard not to acknowledge all the baggage that he would bring. He’d want that Real move eventually and it’d be a PSG situation all over again, can’t see it happening.

feck PSG though, they’re the cnuts who created this hyper inflated transfer market where the best way for players to move now is by waiting out their contract. Hope he stays and fleeces the sportswashing wankers.

RuudTom83

Best he sticks with one of the circus clubs.

PSG were a perfect fit for him…Real would be another good fit.

Leave them to it!

scottser

Hate to be the cnut here, but PSG want Rashford. Mbappe coming here might not be as impossible as made out.

antk

Have to admire the audacity of Saudi clubs if they're really trying to lure him in. Their probability of success is close to negative but still some points for the efforts.

The japanese fans are the ones getting shafted here haha.

IrishMcD

Hate to be the cnut here, but PSG want Rashford. Mbappe coming here might not be as impossible as made out.
Rashford literally just signed a new contract days ago for massive money. Maybe they’d take Martial and Elanga instead.

scottser

Rashford literally just signed a new contract days ago for massive money. Maybe they’d take Martial and Elanga instead.
We have screwed over many a player before, and Rashfords higher wages and asking price would be offset against Mbappes in any negotiations.
Again, sorry for being the cnut here.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
That’s because of FFP not because of the point you made. You said we don’t spend that much on players. We absolutely do. Often very badly.
So let's just say The Glazers had sold before the transfer window, and Jasim had bought us, would we be in for a 100 m plus striker or would FFP be a problem? I doubt it. Furthermore, we only spent over 100 million on a player once, so they are not spending 100 million on players for fun.

Last edited:

Theonas

Scout
I really can't see where someone with his ego would go apart from Real Madrid. He sees himself as a future Balon d'Or winner and competing year in year out for the CL. I don't think any English club offers the Balon d'Or winner platform when looking at past winners. At City, he will be another cog in the machine, same for Liverpool. Chelsea are too unstable and we are still an uncertain entity. Bayern rarely have players of that caliber and the Italian clubs are not where they used to be.

Plastic Evra

Mbappé is not exactly blameless in all of this (almost as talented at spoiling any sympathy as he is scoring goals) but I think Nasser is having an embarrassing meltdown, is making a total mess of it and of course is lashing out at a situation of his own design.

It was always understood Mbappé was using PSG as a (lucrative) step in his career and that QSI was paying through the nose for the privilege... And the player delivered up to that level with incredible production and seismic levels of marketing outreach and appeal. The only chance of keeping him around was for the club to scale up to Olympus top and they failed spectacularly to do so.

Being suddenly all fire and brimstone (after years of enabling Mbappé and having cashflow be the only thing that talks), Nasser cornered himself into either sending Mbappé to the reserves (no money, no goals and possibly crippling your season) if no suitable buyer can be found, backing down & losing face or potentially selling him for a deflated fee.

100m€ is a lot of money in absolute but it honestly feels it's more a matter of misplaced pride and bruised ego.

Someone

Something
They shot themselves in the foot and they deserve it.

He has a deal with Madrid, and a massive year left worth a lot of money with PSG. Leaving this summer would cost him a lot of money on both ends.

They shouldn't have offered him crazy money in the first place. He has done nothing wrong to be left out of the squad.

ROFLUTION

This is the shitshow you might get with small dick syndrome owners who spend to prove a stupid point about how rich they are.

Just buy the right players for the club long term and keep them happy while keeping them in sync/united with the team.

The motivation for Mbappe, for Neymar was always money, and now it falls apart because it was shallow and too egoistic to begin with. At least build a team around just 1 diva.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It baffles me that people think that Mbappé and Haaland will agree to play in the same team.
Cant see the two playing together. It will be PSG all over again -- very disjointed.

So if Mbappe goes to Madrid now, I guess it will mean that Haaland will be staying at City for the foreseeable future.

windycityfan

Can I play?

Madrid wants what PSG has, PSG wants what United has, can we have what Madrid has?

Mbappe to Madrid,
Rashford to PSG,
Vini Jr to United.

Ducking now to avoid empties :lol:

johnnyteutonic

Can I play?

Madrid wants what PSG has, PSG wants what United has, can we have what Madrid has?

Mbappe to Madrid,
Rashford to PSG,
Vini Jr to United.

Ducking now to avoid empties :lol:
I'll play too. Surely Madrid must sell someone to afford this transfer? I vote we take Fede Valverde off them. They have too many mids to keep them all happy as it is.
He's a great box-to-box and is pretty decent off the right wing which could come in very handy for us.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Spurs and PSG should do a swap deal straight up. PSG can definitely afford Kane wages, the only problem is Mbappe wages and ambition cannot be match by Spurs.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
442 Striker partners will return, Mbappe & Haaland,Rashford/Hojlund/somewood, Havertz/Jesus, Jackson/Osimhen/Nkunku

TheRedHearted

Way too much baggage just to kick a ball around FFS.
What happens with his partial ownership of psg? Was that only while he played there?
Best he sticks with one of the circus clubs.

PSG were a perfect fit for him…Real would be another good fit.

Leave them to it!
Real isn’t a circus man, come on. How could you possibly say that, the last ten years says other wise.
So we can get more for him? Sounds like good leverage for us.
Spurs and PSG should do a swap deal straight up. PSG can definitely afford Kane wages, the only problem is Mbappe wages and ambition cannot be match by Spurs.
Come on man, why the hell would Mbappe go to Spurs? Even if they gave him ownership and Levy’s job, he wouldn’t go.

i highly disagree Mbappe and Haaland couldn’t work together. With the way city are built, the rest of the teams work rate would be able to hold up for them, but it would have to do with the axing of Graelish I would believe. I would take him here in a heartbeat

Hanky panky

He's off to Madrid. City already has Haaland. Other option is that he blackmailed a huge contract from PSG. But I can't see him playing all his best years in Ligue 1. There's no challenge anymore. And he would come even bigger superstar in Premier league or La Liga. He will be Real Madrid player before end of this transfer window.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's off to Madrid. City already has Haaland. Other option is that he blackmailed a huge contract from PSG. But I can't see him playing all his best years in Ligue 1. There's no challenge anymore. And he would come even bigger superstar in Premier league or La Liga. He will be Real Madrid player before end of this transfer window.
Think the management thinks along similar lines. This is their pre-season -- Mbappé played against Le Havre on Friday.

PSG will play matches against Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al Nassr and Cerezo Osaka in Osaka next week before taking on Internazionale in Tokyo on 1 August and South Korean side Jeonbuk Motors two days later.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
PSG think they have more power here than they do. This is what happens when you have as dumb as hell owners who don't know what "no" means. Hope Mbappe truly fecks them and leaves on a free.

How dumb does PSG have to be to actually put in mbappes future transfer as future projected earnings in their FFP numbers? Putting in a potential future scenario that isn't in your control in the accounting numbers is idiotic.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
They shot themselves in the foot and they deserve it.

He has a deal with Madrid, and a massive year left worth a lot of money with PSG. Leaving this summer would cost him a lot of money on both ends.

They shouldn't have offered him crazy money in the first place. He has done nothing wrong to be left out of the squad.
Next thing will be PSG in court for creating a hostile work environment, just to terminate his contract and move to Real for free anyway. Would love him at United but he wants Madrid so would a very short term deal for us and a lot of hassle. Plus no real indication he would even join us either.

Nickelodeon

Qatar could decide to bench Mbappe for the whole season. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing that.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Madrid about to rattle off 5 more CLs. Sigh.
Vinicius would be thrilled to see him in Madrid, because then he'll need to leave his best position and play on the right. Also Real would need to invest 400-500 million for Mbappe's first contract and that would limit them on future transfers and they still have only Joselu as their main 9. Last but not least, the best players don't always make the best team. No one knows this better than Madrid during their Galactico time. Who knows how Vinicius will perform on the right, if Mbappe starts to get all the balls and attention on the field.
Sure, he will make his goals, but there are quite a few variables behind this potential transfer.

Last edited:

antk

Qatar could decide to bench Mbappe for the whole season. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing that.
Nobody really believes that. If by Sep 1st Mbappé still a PSG player, the only credible choice for them is to play him, otherwise:
  • They're paying him a huge salary for nothing
  • It may further deter future stars to sign with them

dinostar77

Yep that would be awesome. The president would probably do that as well. Let him rot.

This is all a circus to get Madrid to pay a fee for him this summer and not get him on a free next summer.

Hope they force his sale to saudi even for a single season. Dont register his for the league or CL and let him know what before deadline for transfers out closes.

As long as this saga rumbles on until we sign hojlund its fine by me.