Kylian Mbappe | PSG

sam147

Can't believe we have fans who think Rashford is better than Mbappe or would prefer to keep Rashford over Mbappe because he is from Manchester. Mbappe will be the best footballer in the world within 3 seasons maximum while Rashford will still be developing. There is a major gulf in class. He shows maturity and output beyond his age. Combine that with his technical ability, decisiveness and insane physical attributes and no young player in the world comes close. Maybe Ousmane Dembele but even he lacks that drive Mbappe clearly has.

Morpheus 7

He's ridiculous, going to dominate european football in the next two years. I haven't seen speed like him in a long time. Think he's going to be like a R9 forward in time, just look a level above the opposition at times. I'm not comparing skill, it's his balance at top speed. Scary player at 20, he's a player worth breaking the bank for. Imagine we had Martial, Rashford and Mbappe as a forward line with Pogba feeding them? Pace would kill teams, if he's ever a possibility he would change the premier league.

passing-wind

Im struggling to agree with folks saying rashford will be a better striker... :rolleyes:

Its the most ridiculous comparison, it was embarrassing BT doing the whole Rashford vs Mbappe during the pre match build up. If PSG had Marcus up front would they have netted the goals they did ? For me that's a no, If we had Mbappe upfront I'd genuinely believe we would have a chance against any opposition when it comes to being a goal threat.

How can anyone say he's not a magical type of player, he can dribble, pass, shoot and above most is clinical, it's also his temperament which separates him from the rest. He's a considerable distance above anyone in his age category.

I genuinely believe Dembele could be as big of a talent but he's mental drive and focus is what's questionable and probably hindered him breaking through at Barca at an earlier period.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Its the most ridiculous comparison, it was embarrassing BT doing the whole Rashford vs Mbappe during the pre match build up. If PSG had Marcus up front would they have netted the goals they did ? For me that's a no, If we had Mbappe upfront I'd genuinely believe we would have a chance against any opposition when it comes to being a goal threat.

How can anyone say he's not a magical type of player, he can dribble, pass, shoot and above most is clinical, it's also his temperament which separates him from the rest. He's a considerable distance above anyone in his age category.

I genuinely believe Dembele could be as big of a talent but he's mental drive and focus is what's questionable and probably hindered him breaking through at Barca at an earlier period.
Everybody matures differently, Dembele's 2019 is a big year for him (hopefully) in his maturity now that he's established himself as an important player. I've said for a long time that, for all of Mbappe's qualities, his mentality is number one; that's the one quality above all the others where I believe he will be the best player in the world. He is insanely driven and doesn't rest one bit on the massive hype behind him.

Intilo

2x the player of both Rashford and Martial combined, look at his link up play , the way he attack space , the way he reads the game, combine it with his lightning pace, this guy struck fear to any defense on the world. Once he gets ahead of you there is no way you could catch him, which would happen often due to his excellent sense in reading the game.

Intilo

Dont get me wrong, I think he is a great player and easily start for any super team in the world because there are few good finishers in his pace and and age. But I was entering the discussion on the base of a superstar that has everything, comparing to CR7.
All professional freestyler have more tricks and ability on the ball than Cristiano Ronaldo but they aren't better footballer, just because Mbappe didn't showboating for youtube compilation doesn't mean he can't do what cristiano did.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Is he already better than what Messi and Ronaldo were at this age? Rooney I still put down as one of the greatest 18/19 year olds I’ve ever seen. Mbappe may compete against that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is he already better than what Messi and Ronaldo were at this age? Rooney I still put down as one of the greatest 18/19 year olds I’ve ever seen. Mbappe may compete against that.
The way I remember it Messi was easily the best, then it was Rooney and then Ronaldo. I don't really know where I would put Mbappé in that but the thing that I find perplexing with him is that he plays like an old Ronaldo.

OverratedOpinion

He is ahead of both, Messi already looked brilliant at that age but was held back by injuries. I think he is the best teenager since Brazilian Ronaldo, he is so mature and efficient.

Mainoldo

His hype still amazes me on here. But time will tell. He’s just a mature footballer like we seen with Rooney. I don’t see anything out of this world except for his pace which is Gareth Bale scary.

I’m not a hater though he’s great to watch, I’m just not convinced with this upper echelon status. Nicolas Anelka was great to watch too.

Welbeckham

His hype still amazes me on here. But time will tell. He’s just a mature footballer like we seen with Rooney. I don’t see anything out of this world except for his pace which is Gareth Bale scary.

I’m not a hater though he’s great to watch, I’m just not convinced with this upper echelon status. Nicolas Anelka was great to watch too.
His ridiculous pace combined with great technique, good intelligence and maturity makes him the most frightening talent of his generation. It’s perhaps too early to predict his whole career, but without injuries there is hardly anything to suggest that he wouldn’t be an absolute superstar for the next decade.

Beaucoup

I really can't understand why his technical ability is being questioned? this lad has the lot.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

How many 19 year olds you remember being a reason on why a country won the world cup ? along with scoring in a WC final? he is a generational talent.

Mr PG

Delusional because Rooney is English and was overhyped by the media. Just look at their comparative outputs in the world cup if you think Rooney was better at 19.

SportingCP96

Supports
All professional freestyler have more tricks and ability on the ball than Cristiano Ronaldo but they aren't better footballer, just because Mbappe didn't showboating for youtube compilation doesn't mean he can't do what cristiano did.
Well to be fair the reason they are freestylers and not professionals is because the difference between them and say Ronaldo was Ronaldo was able to use his skill and ability in a high level game. Mbappe is maybe a kid who does not feel as conformable perfuming the moves say Ronaldo did at a big level.

SportingCP96

Supports
Delusional because Rooney is English and was overhyped by the media. Just look at their comparative outputs in the world cup if you think Rooney was better at 19.
Ya I mean I always take the hype around English youngsters with a pinch of salt because they are blown out of proportion.

JPRouve

Scout
Well to be fair the reason they are freestylers and not professionals is because the difference between them and say Ronaldo was Ronaldo was able to use his skill and ability in a high level game. Mbappe is maybe a kid who does not feel as conformable perfuming the moves say Ronaldo did at a big level.
There is a reason why Ronaldo got rid of those skills. By doing so, he became incredibly more effective and arguably a top 5 all time footballer.

SportingCP96

Supports
There is a reason why Ronaldo got rid of those skills. By doing so, he became incredibly more effective and arguably a top 5 all time footballer.
Well ya in a sense he adapted his style because he evolved into a different type of player. At the time when he was an out and out winger that is what made him so scary because he could get passed 2 or 3 guys and open up so much space on the field. At one point he did it to showboat when he was young and first arrived because he wanted to show every skill in his locker. As he got older he made it a blend, 06-07 he would use his ability to beat a man or 2 and then added an end product to his game. Like you said though he then shifted into a completely different player the older he got. Quite remarkable how he was able to do that he changed his style 3 different times in his career. That is not easy to do.

jem

I really can't understand why people need to keep bringing Rashford into this. Ok, Mbappe is better. So what? Rashford is fantastic for us, and the fact that he isn't as good as Mbappe, who for my money is ready to assume the Messi/Ronaldo mantle, is hardly a slight on our great young striker.

I mean you can almost imagine the Caf circa 2004-5: "can you believe some idiots actually thought Paul Scholes was anywhere near Zidane. What a joke..."

jem

That's not exactly a fair metric, given that Mbappe had the likes of Pogba and Griezmann alongside him. Rooney was unbelievable at Euro 2004 - he then followed that up with a sensational debut for United. It's just such a shame that he never reached those heights again in his international career.

JPRouve

Scout
Well ya in a sense he adapted his style because he evolved into a different type of player. At the time when he was an out and out winger that is what made him so scary because he could get passed 2 or 3 guys and open up so much space on the field. At one point he did it to showboat when he was young and first arrived because he wanted to show every skill in his locker. As he got older he made it a blend, 06-07 he would use his ability to beat a man or 2 and then added an end product to his game. Like you said though he then shifted into a completely different player the older he got. Quite remarkable how he was able to do that he changed his style 3 different times in his career. That is not easy to do.
It is indeed an incredible transformation, from memory he was closer to Quaresma than he was to a goalscorer but somehow managed to become one of the greatest pure goalscorers with all the attributes that you would like to see in a striker.
As for Mbappé the lack of tricks is on purpose, he was different at youth level and during his first years with Monaco.

SportingCP96

Supports
It is indeed an incredible transformation, from memory he was closer to Quaresma than he was to a goalscorer but somehow managed to become one of the greatest pure goalscorers with all the attributes that you would like to see in a striker.
As for Mbappé the lack of tricks is on purpose, he was different at youth level and during his first years with Monaco.

His technique and skill is good I just don't think it is as good as Ronaldos at the same age. With that being said though I actually think Mbappe should make the change to striker permanently. With his Pace and skill he would be a world class striker in the mold of a young R9. I cant wait to see him leave PSG to really test himself Ligue 1 is too weak for his level he has already outgrown it.

RuudTom83

A few more seasons at PSG then a world record transfer to RM...wouldn’t surprise anyone. It would be interesting to see him in a more competitive league week in week out.

In Rainbows

Some of you guys need to take a closer look at Mbappe. His technique is really good when you do that. He's just not as elegant which gives off the illusion that his technique isn't great. He's not just knocking the ball ahead of others. He can operate in smaller spaces too and he usually can get by defenders with moments of flair.

Not like I don't understand. I used to think the same until I started to notice how often he pulled things off. Things that wouldn't be possible if not for great technique. I imagine Greenwood is going to get that same sentiment, albeit for different reasons. There's nuance at the top when it comes to technique. It's possible to have great technique, and then there being another level where Messi, Neymar, etc... live at.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

His technique is above average, without being extraordinary or anything close to the best of the best.

On a scale from 1 to 10 with 5 being the average footballer then I'd put him at a solid 7 while Messi/Neymar would sit at 10 and Hazard at 9

Bole Top

just imagine the legacy if he doesn't lose the passion and injuries evade him. only 20 years old and already has league titles with Monaco (!!!) and PSG, all domestic cups + world cup. he's likely to win everything there is to win before the end of his career. one thing is sure, he isn't going nowhere unless something happens with PSG's owners. no one can buy him, not even City and Madrid.

SirAF

Ageist
just imagine the legacy if he doesn't lose the passion and injuries evade him. only 20 years old and already has league titles with Monaco (!!!) and PSG, all domestic cups + world cup. he's likely to win everything there is to win before the end of his career. one thing is sure, he isn't going nowhere unless something happens with PSG's owners. no one can buy him, not even City and Madrid.
He’s got the world at his feet, but he should definitely be aiming for Real or Barcelona in a few years.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

and already has league titles with Monaco (!!!) and PSG,
If he stays in France his whole career then he's not going to have much of a legacy.
French domestic trophies are irrelevant, even the one he won with Monaco as they were first in the league before he had even became a starter for them.

Mainoldo

How many 19 year olds you remember being a reason on why a country won the world cup ? along with scoring in a WC final? he is a generational talent.
He wasn’t the reason why they won the World Cup. He was nothing of the level of a Maradon or R9 in carrying a country. Even Neymar for Brazil in Brazil.

Moby

Dick
He wasn’t the reason why they won the World Cup. He was nothing of the level of a Maradon or R9 in carrying a country. Even Neymar for Brazil in Brazil.
He was incredible vs. Argentina which was a crucial win for France. Turned the game around with a 5-minute brace.

Sauldogba

Ronaldo yes.
Messi and Rooney no.
I
Yeah his world cups been getting really really overrated.
Dont even think he was in Frances 5 best performers.
/
On the question of whos better at his age out of him Ronaldo,Rooney or Messi
I would say Messi was the best,then Rooney,then Mbappe,then Ronaldo.

Cabin Clown

Mbappe is overrated. Don't really know what else to say about the guy. Just haven't seen anything about him that's makes me say he's awesome.

SportingCP96

Supports
A reason not THE reason.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Messi was incredible at that age. I don't know if he was as productive as Mbappe but it was obvious he was insanely talented.