Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Dion

He was dreadful by his own standards tonight but still the most dangerous man on the pitch.

Canagel

he should join our project under Ole and be part of something great. We will welcome him with open arms here.

Last edited:

el3mel

He will leave PSG within the next 2 years imo, unless he wants to rot in the shadow of French league.

Brightonian

Lovely to watch cnuts like Di Maria and Alves suffer, but I felt a bit sorry for Mbappe at the final whistle. He wasn't really at the races today, which will sting even more. Once we sorted our mess at RB out he went back into Shaw's pocket on the other wing for the rest of the game.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's a terrific player, one of those that stands out as special. He just has that awe around him and when he's on it, completely unplayable. Think the conditions today hampered him somewhat but feck me what a player.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Barcelona and Atletico are serious contenders but PSG has a revenge to take over Spaniards. Neymar destroying Barcelona in QF/SF. Please make it happen :drool:
If it's any consolation to you, Neymar destroyed his makeup with some very salty tears yesterday.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No that result doesn't mean Rashford and Martial are better than him. He's a terrific player who I think will go on to be one of the great goalscorers of his era.

He's a terrific player, one of those that stands out as special. He just has that awe around him and when he's on it, completely unplayable. Think the conditions today hampered him somewhat but feck me what a player.
I think his only downside is that he is a final third player. I mean, it's hardly even a downside given most goalscorers are final third players, but it is true that he lacks the finnese and that bit of genius outside the box. But the fact that we are even speaking him about those terms trying to correct perceptions tells you how good he is.

AJ10

Dani Alves is serial winner and a top professional who still playing in high level close to the end of his career. In fact he was one of their best players in both legs. He is a very generous and decent guy who treats everybody with respect, even the most humble workers in the clubs where he is playing. Neymar sure is a cnut but i dont remember him in the pitch losing easy chances today.
He might be a serial winner but still a cnut. I was calling Neymar a cnut not because of what did or didn't do in the game but in general, he comes across as a cnut and it looks to be robbing of on Mbappe (not just talking about this match).

Treble

He had an off day but he is already top 5 in the world. Great player.

Not his best game but still dangerous and made Smalling look a right fool for their goal.

A poor game but for the offside flag would have had two assists. Says alot.

Litch

Thankfully poor last night but the natural successor to Messi and CR....

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Stil think he has nowhere near the ball control and technical ability to ever be a Neymar lvl player
There's some truth in this.

He has blinding pace but lacks a little bit of guile. He needs a bit of that to truly take him to Ballon D'Or status.

I think he can as he's still so young. I'd love to seem him do it but need to see him add that extra bit to his game in the same way Ronaldo went from being a flying winger with a million stepovers to an unbelievable goal scorer.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Had one of those nights last night. It felt a bit like coming up against inter in 99 and being worried about Ronaldo, but that worked out well too :)

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Those missed one on ones in the first leg were costly.

Had absolutely fantastic movement. His runs are amazing, defenders are 2 yards behind before they even realize what he's done.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's true that he doesn't have that raw technique Messi has or even Neymar, but he's still a fantastic player.

He was pretty bad for his standards today though. Good for us.

I wonder if he's starting to think about moving on now. Must be clear to him PSG aren't good enough for what he wants to achieve and it must be getting boring walking the French league every year.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if he's starting to think about moving on now. Must be clear to him PSG aren't good enough for what he wants to achieve and it must be getting boring walking the French league every year.
Fairly certain Real Madrid will at least make a move. Yes playing low level games a lot of the season doesn't help development. La liga would be much better for him to improve, he's only 20 and a lot to learn still.

Womp

idiot
He was shite. Even with how poor he was, he was looking dangerous through movement alone. His run and delivery for their goal was top notch.

He's a phenomenal player already. Him on our right side would be a dream.

Tostao_80

And none of these make a player more rounded outside of goals, in fact what you just mentioned is directly linked to goals. Henry at his peak was a better player than Mbappé currently is because he was experienced and fine-tuned, not because he was more rounded. Mbappé at 20 is more rounded than Henry at 20 and today Mbappé is a very complete footballers, so it makes no sense when you say that Mbappé doesn't have the attributes to be as rounded as peak Henry since Henry had less attributes at the same age.
Peak Henry attributes over current Mbappe: finishing, free kicks, awareness/ decision making, passing, dribbling, hold up play, strength, heading, playmaking. Im sorry, if that doesn't make Peak Henry more rounded than current Mbappe, then i am lost for words.
There's some truth in this.

He has blinding pace but lacks a little bit of guile. He needs a bit of
Had one of those nights last night. It felt a bit like coming up against inter in 99 and being worried about Ronaldo, but that worked out well too :)
Youre comparing Mbappe to R9? R9 was one of the best one man attacks of all time. Mbappe doesnt even come close. R9 could could create a goal out of nothing, we haven't seen Mbappe do that, he just doesn't have anywhere near the same level of ability. With that being said, he'll be one of the very best forwards of the next 10 years. He has to make the right career move soon/ next. Going to Barca/ Real/ City and winning trophies will improve his legacy much more than staying at PSG longer than he should.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Peak Henry attributes over current Mbappe: finishing, free kicks, awareness/ decision making, passing, dribbling, hold up play, strength, heading, playmaking. Im sorry, if that doesn't make Peak Henry more rounded than current Mbappe, then i am lost for words.
You said that Mbappé didn't had influence outside of goals, which is wrong and shown by tapes and stats. Then you said that he didn't had the attributes to be more rounded later in his career unlike peak Henry which is strange because young Henry wasn't as rounded as Mbappé but still managed to be the player that he was at his peak.

You are simply making little sense.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Youre comparing Mbappe to R9? R9 was one of the best one man attacks of all time. Mbappe doesnt even come close. R9 could could create a goal out of nothing, we haven't seen Mbappe do that, he just doesn't have anywhere near the same level of ability. With that being said, he'll be one of the very best forwards of the next 10 years. He has to make the right career move soon/ next. Going to Barca/ Real/ City and winning trophies will improve his legacy much more than staying at PSG longer than he should.
I wasn't comparing him. I simply stated that he could make the step up.

Ronaldo was a one trick pony for the first 2 years of his Utd career.I saw his first game and it wasn't as good as Mbappe's performance against City in the UCL so this 'create a goal out of nothing,' is only true in Ronaldo's second?/third season.

MiceOnMeth

Stil think he has nowhere near the ball control and technical ability to ever be a Neymar lvl player
He doesn't need it. He'll score 30 goals every season for a decade and be seen as the best striker of his generation.. pity he'll be doing it in ligue 1 though

Tostao_80

You said that Mbappé didn't had influence outside of goals, which is wrong and shown by tapes and stats. Then you said that he didn't had the attributes to be more rounded later in his career unlike peak Henry which is strange because young Henry wasn't as rounded as Mbappé but still managed to be the player that he was at his peak.

You are simply making little sense.
No, you are wrong. I was replying to a poster who said that current Mbappe is a more rounded player than Henry EVER was. That's what i took exception to. Of course, i dont know what kind of player Mbappe will evolve into. And yes, age for age, he is certainly better than Titi at the same age. But lets not forget that Titi evolved into a truly exceptionally well rounded forward, in fact, on of the greatest of all time. If Kyllian goes on to match him, he will have done well.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Off night for him. His touch was uncharacteristically heavy. Feeling the pressure of our early goal? Fatigue? Or just not his day?

Still a great player. There isn't a club in the world he wouldn't start for right now.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Not comparing them on talent mate, just on the focus of the match going Into it. There isn't a player alive I'd compare to R9.

Mainoldo

Proved exactly what I’ve been saying last night. He ain’t no R9, not with that control.

However I love watching him and will probably love hating him unless he comes here.

JPRouve

Scout
No, you are wrong. I was replying to a poster who said that current Mbappe is a more rounded player than Henry EVER was. That's what i took exception to. Of course, i dont know what kind of player Mbappe will evolve into. And yes, age for age, he is certainly better than Titi at the same age. But lets not forget that Titi evolved into a truly exceptionally well rounded forward, in fact, on of the greatest of all time. If Kyllian goes on to match him, he will have done well.
I'm not wrong though, in the post that I quoted, you compared him with Henry and said that what separated him from the rest was his ability to influence the game outside of goals, you then said that you didn't think Mbappé could do it like Neymar(which is an odd jump since you were talking about Henry). I simply pointed out to the fact that Mbappé does influence the game outside of scoring goals since he creates them too and in CL he does it at a higher rate than Henry. I also added that if you use Henry as an example then your skepticism isn't warranted because he wasn't as rounded as Mbappé at the same age, in theory there is no reason to think that Mbappé couldn't match peak Henry's abilities when Mbappé has more tools than a 20 years old Henry.

And in general, I strongly disagree with the idea of comparing a player at his peak and a developing 20 years old, among attackers Griezmann is the perfect example of why it's a stupid exercise. While he was talented no one expected him to develop the way he did.

Matt007a

He was both great and poor last night in different aspects. His movement was really good and caused issues for us. His touch however was a bit off. Even his assist might have been a shot.

He's the most explosive player that I've seen since Ronaldo in the 90s. He doesn't have the ability to match but frankly there are only 3 or 4 in the history of the game who do. He's still young enough to improve technically, but I don't think he's ever going to be the guy who unlocks a tight game with a moment of magic like say Ronaldinho or Neymar.

His physical attributes however are way above those guys, so if he plays to his strengths he can still be the world's best once Messi/Ronaldo are gone, albeit a different style of player.

Tostao_80

I'm not wrong though, in the post that I quoted, you compared him with Henry and said that what separated him from the rest was his ability to influence the game outside of goals, you then said that you didn't think Mbappé could do it like Neymar(which is an odd jump since you were talking about Henry). I simply pointed out to the fact that Mbappé does influence the game outside of scoring goals since he creates them too and in CL he does it at a higher rate than Henry. I also added that if you use Henry as an example then your skepticism isn't warranted because he wasn't as rounded as Mbappé at the same age, in theory there is no reason to think that Mbappé couldn't match peak Henry's abilities when Mbappé has more tools than a 20 years old Henry.

And in general, I strongly disagree with the idea of comparing a player at his peak and a developing 20 years old, among attackers Griezmann is the perfect example of why it's a stupid exercise. While he was talented no one expected him to develop the way he did.
Are you aware that youve contradicted yourself? You said above that its unfair to compare a 20 year old to a player in his peak.

This is a direct quote from you from 2 pages ago, "An attacking player that isn't complete won't have more goals AND assists. Henry wasn't more complete than Mbappé not at a young age and not later either."
The last part of that quote is you comparing Mbappe to a later Henry (ie a peak one).
Now youve changed tune because you realise how ridiculous that was.
Mbappe currently is nowhere near the player nor is he as complete as a later peak Henry.

Djemba-Djemba

He didn't dive too much last night did he?

Over both legs actually, don't remember him annoying me with his antics the way you know Neymar would have done.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Fantastic player. A few things to work on but great to watch.

JPRouve

Scout
Are you aware that youve contradicted yourself? You said above that its unfair to compare a 20 year old to a player in his peak.

This is a direct quote from you from 2 pages ago, "An attacking player that isn't complete won't have more goals AND assists. Henry wasn't more complete than Mbappé not at a young age and not later either."
The last part of that quote is you comparing Mbappe to a later Henry (ie a peak one).
Now youve changed tune because you realise how ridiculous that was.
Mbappe currently is nowhere near the player nor is he as complete as a later peak Henry.
There is no contradiction here, we know what Mbappé output is now and what Henry's was for his entire career. We know how complete Mbappé is now and we know how complete Henry was during his entire career, what we don't know is how Mbappé will be at the end of his career or even at his peak and that's where the comparison is a bad idea. What you can't do is claim that a player won't have attributes that a player had at his peak, that's the silly part because it's based on something that hasn't happened.