Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He lacks ambition, Ronaldo and Messi always put football over money, this kind of decision will stop him from fulfilling his potential.
When did this happen? They have both been 2 of the highest paid players in the world for years. And why did Messi sign for PSG?

Trex

It's the right move in the immediate, he's only 23, I think he will have some kind of clause that lets him leave at the end of next season is rumors are to be believed (still really waiting to hear whether this renewal is even true to begin with), but PSG is a better team than Madrid, who are the gods' chosen team this season but realistically they will have some rebuilding to do. With players like Hakimi, Neymar, Messi, Veratti, Wijnaldum (just kidding), Mendes, they have a solid core of players, they just need a coach that knows how to actually manage, and they need the owners to stay the feck out of the team's decisions.

Personally, I'd like him to leave to England over Spain, but regardless of where he goes, the league gets easier for him with him in it. Only a few teams could afford him, City or Real, he'd dominate both leagues with those teams unless Barcelona put up a challenge which still remains to be seen with their financial situation, so this whole staying in a easy league is kind of moot, wherever he goes he'd be massive favorite unless he went to a team like Newcastle or something, which just would never happen. Paris is his hometown, winning a CL there is bigger than anything else club football can offer for him, but after 5 years I'd say you gotta move on and try elsewhere, but that is some good money to make at that age.
psg a better team than Madrid!! :D :D :D

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
"Oh, they should go for Haaland now!".

What is it with you people, Mbappe stays for the money, Haaland would have to "choose" between an a better team, a better league, unlimited money...or.....Real Madrid?

The same forces that keeps Mbappe at PSG, a meme-club, should have no problem taking Haaland away from RM.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He lacks ambition, Ronaldo and Messi always put football over money, this kind of decision will stop him from fulfilling his potential.
They have been paid over 1 million per week during their prime. Neither left money behind them.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
psg a better team than Madrid!! :D :D :D
The absolute delusion in that post.

Madrid are comfortably a better team, they have pretty much transitioned from all their stars who won them 4CLs to a young group who are ready to take over. They'll eventually replace Benzema with a top striker too, perhaps Haaland this summer.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If he doesn't want to come, I think we should definitely rule him out.
I don't think they would immediately go for Haaland in that case.
Use the money to strengthen the midfield or sign more Brazilians :drool:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The absolute delusion in that post.

Madrid are comfortably a better team, they have pretty much transitioned from all their stars who won them 4CLs to a young group who are ready to take over. They'll eventually replace Benzema with a top striker too, perhaps Haaland this summer.
That's not true, the midfield is pretty much the same ( Valverde and camavingq are new but both still rather young ) and the defense still has some work .

GlasgowCeltic

For 200m over two years I’ll happily pretend I’m scoring important goals against the likes of Clermont Foot

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
That's not true, the midfield is pretty much the same ( Valverde and camavingq are new but both still rather young ) and the defense still has some work .
They are already setting them up to take over. Did you see Camavingas performance yesterday? Also, now their financials are free. So they could go for Tchouameni. In defence, they have sorted 4 positions, they just signed Rudiger on a free. Maybe they make a move for Reece James to finally get a long term RB.

They are extremely well run, they managed the transition from Ronaldo with ease. Already 2 times La Liga winners, and now CL finalist. It's not even a comparison to PSG, who still don't look like a "team".

Trex

When did this happen? They have both been 2 of the highest paid players in the world for years. And why did Messi sign for PSG?
They always played for the best footballing project in their prime years, yes they were the best paid and rightfully so, if Mbappe fulfills the alleged deal he'll be 26 before stepping out of Ligue 1.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Refreshing to see that some young players still have a sense of loyalty to their club instead of selling out and going to Madrid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If he doesn't want to come, I think we should definitely rule him out.
I don't think they would immediately go for Haaland in that case.
Use the money to strengthen the midfield or sign more Brazilians :drool:
That's my emotional reaction too but honestly, it's dumb. If he renews for 2 years making €150M net of taxes in the process, good for him. In two years time we'll likely still want him anyways as he'll be the best player in the world and only 25

And to be honest, right now i'd rather splurge on Tchouameni, Reece James and Bernardo Silva(have you fecking *seen* him in this tie?!?!? Ridiculois player)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That's my emotional reaction too but honestly, it's dumb. If he renews for 2 years making €150M net of taxes in the process, good for him. In two years time we'll likely still want him anyways as he'll be the best player in the world and only 25

And to be honest, right now i'd rather splurge on Tchouameni, Reece James and Bernardo Silva(have you fecking *seen* him in this tie?!?!? Ridiculois player)
Yes, there were comments about Silva already at the end of the game. Unbelievable match. Emotional or not he would be saying no for the second time, with all the expectations his signing has raised. Simply for pride we should focus on other players. I've had enough tic tac

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They are already setting them up to take over. Did you see Camavingas performance yesterday? Also, now their financials are free. So they could go for Tchouameni. In defence, they have sorted 4 positions, they just signed Rudiger on a free. Maybe they make a move for Reece James to finally get a long term RB.

They are extremely well run, they managed the transition from Ronaldo with ease. Already 2 times La Liga winners, and now CL finalist. It's not even a comparison to PSG, who still don't look like a "team".
I did indeed. I just think saying their rebuild is over is a tad too far, It could as well collapse the very next year, who knows.

Nothing is perfect, it might as well take a few wrong moves to break everything all together.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Mbappe is threatening to ruin his legacy. People can say “he’s only going to be 25” as much as they like but the true greats started to make massive strides before that age. Mbappe can achieve nothing of note at that PSG team. Shame, he would have been truly sensational at Madrid and I hope it still happens.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Benzema and Vini take up his areas on the pitch. Makes sense tactically unless he plays RW.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema and Vini take up his areas on the pitch. Makes sense tactically unless he plays RW.
Eventually it will end up with

Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo.

If Mbappe comes.

As long as Benzema is at this level he will be first choice. Benzema might have 1 or 2 more years left in him as starter.

Mbappe must come to Madrid. Even if he stays at PSG and they win CL all credit will go to Messi.

GlasgowCeltic

Rodrygo suddenly looks a really interesting player, probably too soon to wonder if his potential is higher than Vinicius, it’s brilliant long term work from Madrid though

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Mbappe must come to Madrid. Even if he stays at PSG and they win CL all credit will go to Messi.
That's not true at all. Pretty much everybody knows that Mbappé was the leader on offense this season and that he was better than Messi and Neymar.

Regarding the latest news, I consider everything pretty much unreliable until he announces his decision. There's far too much pride in both clubs involved to believe a single word of what each side leaks. I still think it's more likely he goes to Real Madrid but who knows.

Good luck to Real Madrid to insert Mbappé in their team if he goes though. I still don't see how it's going to work out with Vinicius and even worse, when Benzema declines. I have serious doubts he'll ever be a proper 9 even if that's the position he wants to occupy.

dinostar77

Refreshing to see that some young players still have a sense of loyalty to their club instead of selling out and going to Madrid.
Agreed. A CL trophy with PSG will mean more than any CL trophy with madrid. Another year or two at PSG wont hurt him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agreed. A CL trophy with PSG will mean more than any CL trophy with madrid. Another year or two at PSG wont hurt him.
It will hurt him. He's too good to spend his career till the age of 25 in the French league.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Make no sense for him to stay at PSG, what else could he achieve there? It will only affect his legacy in long term, spending most of his career in farmers league

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Make no sense for him to stay at PSG, what else could he achieve there? It will only affect his legacy in long term, spending most of his career in farmers league
He's a shoo-in for bank account d'or.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Good luck to Real Madrid to insert Mbappé in their team if he goes though. I still don't see how it's going to work out with Vinicius and even worse, when Benzema declines. I have serious doubts he'll ever be a proper 9 even if that's the position he wants to occupy.
I don't see why not. Everytime i've seen him he's shown excellent back-to-goal play, and his movement is off the charts. It's just a matter of having other players crashing the box so the defenders can't just sell out to stop him

Anduin

Did you even watch PSG once this year? Messi has been below par to put it very mildly, and Neymar, who has been a bit better, hasn't exactly set the world alight as well. Mbappe was a one man show for most of the season. If Donnarumma isn't such an idiot, you now wouldn't face the Scousers in Paris.
Messi won't get any credit in Paris, only a lot of €€€ and $$$.

bringbackbebe

If the signing on fee of 100m euro is true, it's a bit comical. The only logical reason I'd think of is they plan to sell him for a 200m fee next year.

Jericholyte2

If the signing on fee of 100m euro is true, it's a bit comical. The only logical reason I'd think of is they plan to sell him for a 200m fee next year.
Money is no object to the PSG owners and they've (along with City) proven that FFP isn't worth the paper it's printed on, so I can see them thinking these numbers are a drop in the proverbial ocean in order to keep an asset.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not sure why people are saying he lacks ambition, he's 23 and about to become the most well paid sportsman of all time. Add in there's a WC in December, why should he move this summer? He has plenty of time to go to another club, he gets paid, club gets a fee when he does leave, it's a good scenario for all.

troylocker

"Oh, they should go for Haaland now!".

What is it with you people, Mbappe stays for the money, Haaland would have to "choose" between an a better team, a better league, unlimited money...or.....Real Madrid?

The same forces that keeps Mbappe at PSG, a meme-club, should have no problem taking Haaland away from RM.
There is no universe where Haaland ever signs for PSG.

I just can't see how Mbappe could choose money over a competitve league, a shot at some Ballon d'ors and a stainless CV. He would have enough money to last him and his family a hundred lifetimes no matter where he went. It sickens me that someone with the talent to become one of the all time greats chooses to play in the 5th best league in Europe for the money, in stead of the challenge and glory in Spain or England. He will not have a shot at a single B d'or while he's in Paris, working for homofobic slavers in a one team league. It's just a shockingly bad career decision (just like Neymar).

Haaland will get his fair share of money too, but he will choose the best sporting project of the astronomical offers he has on the table. The best sporting project will never in a million years be PSG, playing 40+ domestic matches a season. CL football alone doesn't warrant a good sporting project. This season must feel totally meaningless for the top players at PSG.

dinostar77

Money is no object to the PSG owners and they've (along with City) proven that FFP isn't worth the paper it's printed on, so I can see them thinking these numbers are a drop in the proverbial ocean in order to keep an asset.
I just think it would be great that madrid wouldn't be getting him on a free and would have to stump up £200mil in summer of 2023 for him. That will tie up madrid financially (add his financial package in as as well as signing on fee) that summer and give us (utd) a chance at some players who maybe fancied going to madrid but would have to look at alternatives.

Anyway kroos and modric are in thier 30s and replacing them will be very very tough. That will cost them alot to get the right players in to replace them two.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
There is no universe where Haaland ever signs for PSG.

I just can't see how Mbappe could choose money over a competitve league, a shot at some Ballon d'ors and a stainless CV. He would have enough money to last him and his family a hundred lifetimes no matter where he went. It sickens me that someone with the talent to become one of the all time greats chooses to play in the 5th best league in Europe for the money, in stead of the challenge and glory in Spain or England. He will not have a shot at a single B d'or while he's in Paris, working for homofobic slavers in a one team league. It's just a shockingly bad career decision (just like Neymar).

Haaland will get his fair share of money too, but he will choose the best sporting project of the astronomical offers he has on the table. The best sporting project will never in a million years be PSG, playing 40+ domestic matches a season. CL football alone doesn't warrant a good sporting project. This season must feel totally meaningless for the top players at PSG.
Im not sure he has just chosen money... He grew up in Paris and his family still lives there - that also has to be a factor to consider

Winning the CL with his hometown club is potentially quite an emotional draw and having his family and childhood support networks around him is something that will have a very individual value to him.

Of course there is a crazy financial package on offer which no doubt plays into the decision but its easy to see factors beyond that that could influence it

I also wouldnt be massivley shocked if there was a clause that allowed him to leave the summer after the world cup as that seems to be the main driver for PSG (or at least their owners)

Certainly PSG will start next season as one of the favourites for the CL (along with City, Liverpool, Bayern and Real ) so its not as if he is in a bad team and a good world cup and winning a CL its perfectly possible he can win the ballon dor at PSG anyway

Either way at 24 or 25 he will probably leave and join madrid (or somebody else) for another massive signing on fee and then have another decade to play in la liga or switch to the PL (or probably the superleague will be a thing long before he retires)

Status
Not open for further replies.