Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If he wants that honorary title, he will need to have a legendary run with the national team. He may have won the WC but it was more of a team effort than one player outshining the rest. Platini had that and Zidane had that.
He will also need to beat Henry's scoring record (Giroud is just 3 goals behind btw). He has a lot of time to do those things tbh. I don't think any accomplishment for PSG will take him above Platini and Zidane
I think that he needs to. Platini's legend started with the Nancy and ASSE, I would argue that all the players that left France early have that disadvantage they don't have an actual local support and mainly rely on the french national team. For the same reason Deschamps has a huge place in France due to his success at Nantes and Marseille, in particular the CL with Marseille. Someone like Benzema despite his successes will never be close to these players.

Basically Platini's career trajectory is probably the best when it comes to legend. He has done it in France, Italy and at international level but moved abroad during his prime not before.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Doubt he'd have been going to food banks if he went to Madrid and I hate the fact oil clubs are drowning the game in money - there is no way this makes financial sense for any other club other than a state owned ones, they win Ligue Un every year anyway, so there's no real value in having Mbappe except for publicity, which is exactly what the owners of these clubs want, it isn't about football anymore.

Also, he may only be 23, but that doesn't mean he isn't in his peak, he made his debut at 16/17? He's had 7 years of first team football, footballers usually establish themselves as a first team player around 19/20, meaning 6 or 7 years of first team experience puts you in your peak, there's a good chance he could start declining when he hits 28-30.

I know I'll get attacked again by the PSG fans, but his image right thing still tickles me when he consistently chooses to be the face of Qatar. :lol:

RedGirl96

This makes me sick...Football has lost all joy, it´s just money, money and more money.

Sinbad the sailor

Supports
Football
I don't believe the reported 300m or whatever signing on fee for a second. Spanish papers have a way of exaggerating things when Madrid or Barca miss out on someone. The real figures will soon start circulating. But the "power to decide" reported by romano is absolutely idiotic from PSG. They never learn do they?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Haaland has a real chance to catch up to Mbappe now, cause at least he chose the best league(on its worst days, top 2) to play in, while nobody will care about Ligue 1, not now, not in 5 years.

If PSG do what they usually do in CL, then he has nothing to fall back upon, really.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I think he’d be more successful than hazard
By merely being fit for more than 5 matches would accomplish that. But ability wise Richarlison is like a midtable PL quality player.

dinostar77

People having a pop at Mbappe, but the financial figures if true would be impossible to turn down especially for a 3 year deal. If you were Mbappe's mum or dad, would you really tell your son to turn down almost £500mil over 3 years.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Why not? He can be great for 2 more years at PSG before he rocks whatever league he wants. Why do you disagree?
PSG are going to pay him an extremely high salary than no one other than RM were willing to match or even get close to. In three years (not two) when his contract is up, or before it gets to that point, PSG will offer him more money than anyone else will, and he'll take it.

We are not talking about someone who is paying off a credit card bill here. There is no amount of money that is "enough" when you just want to "make a lot of money." There is no financial reason why you should sign a 100m three-year contract with PSG now and not sign another 100m three-year contract with PSG in three years.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No player worth all of that. Joke of a club.
I probably would've gone to this effort to keep Ronaldo when Madrid came calling but Ronaldo was a better player than Mbappe and ended up being an all-time great.

mikeyt

People having a pop at Mbappe, but the financial figures if true would be impossible to turn down especially for a 3 year deal. If you were Mbappe's mum or dad, would you really tell your son to turn down almost £500mil over 3 years.
Thing is, it's not like he's skint is he? Nor would earn peanuts at Real. He's basically proven he's a greedy b*stard and would rather play Sunday league week in week out then challenge himself at club level in a decent league.

TrueRed79

Whatever way you dress it up if that contract is true it's bad for football. It would have been better if he had signed for RM. These state owned, sports washing projects are abhorrent and a massive stain on the sport. That contract is disgusting.

Someone

Something
This is a terrible deal for PSG. Don't really understand what they're trying to achieve here. In terms of football quality they could use the money much better, and in terms of image clubs should always be bigger than any player.

Rolaholic

It makes a lot of sense even without the absurd economics into account but Madrid fans will paint him as the devil surely and probably burn that bridge for the future due to the ego hit..

He's got a lot of unfinished business in Paris and can become one of French footballs GOAT's if things play out the way they could the next 2-3 years.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Pay the wages if you want but it’ll harm the club in the long run. Look at Barca/Messi for a clear example of that.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Probably a good decision for a businessman.
Terrible decision for a footballer.

Very anticlimatic for football as a whole.

And it is obviously good news for barça... but it is what it is.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pay the wages if you want but it’ll harm the club in the long run. Look at Barca/Messi for a clear example of that.
Nah, Barcelona is a football club. PSG is the favourite toy of an oil state.

SirAF

Ageist
Good luck to Mbappe having a maximum of 13 matches that counts each season, I guess.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It makes a lot of sense even without the absurd economics into account but Madrid fans will paint him as the devil surely and probably burn that bridge for the future due to the ego hit..

He's got a lot of unfinished business in Paris and can become one of French footballs GOAT's if things play out the way they could the next 2-3 years.
Nah, from a footballing perspective, this is a mistake, and thats all there is to it.

Jack-C20

Really thought he’d go to Madrid. Would still be earning a silly amount of money but with a better chance of winning the Champions League if recent years are anything to go by. Will be interesting now though as presumably there will be huge pressure for them to perform in Europe.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
"He doesn't care about football" Dude PSG has Messi, Neymar, Marquinos, Verrati and Dona on it. Its not like he picked a championship team haha get off the drugs.

I don't even like PSG but some of the comments on here are juvenile.
If he cared about the game he'd leave. Show them that money cannot buy his services.

Tavern in the town

Surprised more people aren’t enjoying the fact that someone has finally stood up to the Spanish 2 and actually kept hold of a footballer they wanted.

Lee565

I can never call Mbappe a great when he is helping further destroy the game of football as the game becomes more and more hollow thanks to the heavy influence of sports washing blood money swirling around.

Rolaholic

Surprised more people aren’t enjoying the fact that someone has finally stood up to the Spanish 2 and actually kept hold of a footballer they wanted.
PSG is even less popular than those 2 though tbf :lol:

There's a special breed of hatred reserved for the oil giants, one that I share. The other 2 are still football clubs at their core/heart which is more respectable for most fans than being PR/soft power pet projects for unimaginably rich gulf autocracies.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So, say Verratti(or whoever) tackles him rough in training, can Mbappe go to the coach and have him benched now?

Status
Not open for further replies.