Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

Probably thought “ok, i’m 23, they are offering me crazy money. I’ll stay for 3-4 years, make a fortune and move to Madrid at the age of 27 and play 4-5 years there”.

The money they are offering him is very tempting; surely hard to resist

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think the idea that Mbappe has a say in the running of the club is mind blowing.
Are any PSG fans worried it might actually be true?
Not only is it not true, but Mbappe has zero interest in doing that. He might give his opinion, but he's not in charge of anything sporting related, the fact that there were actual articles repeating that shows you just how low sports media has sunk for clicks.

DeGea’sFeet

Probably thought “ok, i’m 23, they are offering me crazy money. I’ll stay for 3-4 years, make a fortune and move to Madrid at the age of 27 and play 4-5 years there”.

The money they are offering him is very tempting; surely hard to resist
If people knew the difference between a million and a billion they’d realise why people who become multi millionaires still want more money

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Would Madrid turn their noses on him in 3 years? He's rejected them basically in favour of a better deal.

I fear this means Mbappe's next move is PL bound, which likely means City as they will be the only realistic option for success and who's willing to trump the salary he'll be on when eventually leaving PSG.

allen7

The reality is, oil clubs City & PSG has better pull than so called big clubs.

TsuWave

Funny thing is that staying at PSG is probably the most sensible thing from both a sporting as well as competitive point of view.

Classical Mechanic

They seem to think they have a god given right to sign anyone they want.
There was a thread after they beat City that they were the perfect club because of how warm and beautiful the city is coupled with their immense success in Europe. It looks like they'll miss out on the two biggest signings this summer. I suppose oil is thicker than sun and glory.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Funny thing is that staying at PSG is probably the most sensible thing from both a sporting as well as competitive point of view.
Only if it ends with winning a CL, which really remains doubtful if they don't change the structure of the club itself, and that starts with getting rid of Leonardo and getting a manager for a 3 year project, not someone who can be fired by the end of the season and all the players know it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It is?

A player of his level and at this stage of his career shouldn't be wasting his time in the French league.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe disagrees. So did Neymar. Harsh realities.
And what has Neymar accomplished at PSG?

It was, without a doubt, a massive mistake for him to leave Barcelona, from a footballing perspective.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not only is it not true, but Mbappe has zero interest in doing that. He might give his opinion, but he's not in charge of anything sporting related, the fact that there were actual articles repeating that shows you just how low sports media has sunk for clicks.
Seems true to me. Embarrassing.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not that Mbappé signing for Real would’ve been a win for football in general but I’m still somehow disappointed in him if that’s true.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Sad to see oil clubs getting a larger and larger hold in the game with ridiculous sums of money and extras to their players/staff. It’s corrupt, and will be the ruin of the game.

Greedy governing bodies should have done more to promote equality and cap salaries way before now.

The super league awaits..

Tavern in the town

It was, without a doubt, a massive mistake for him to leave Barcelona, from a footballing perspective.
Leaving Barca was definitely the right decision, it’s just going to PSG was the wrong one. He should’ve gone to City. I know it’s not been reported that they were in for him but I doubt they wouldn’t have stumped up the cash if he’d made it known he wanted them.

TsuWave

He's won titles in France. The alternative was staying at a club that's struggling to pay wages. Harsh realities.

Tavern in the town

The whole thing about Mbappe giving his input into hiring and firing managers - isn’t that similar to the power Messi had at Barca for years?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Yeah, those 30 or so non-competitive games on his legs is definitely the best sporting decision. Three more meaningless Ligue 1 titles.

Canagel

Rumour has it Poch and Leonardo are gone and Zidane is taking over imminently. Director Mbappe already doing the lords work :drool:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He's won titles in France. The alternative was staying at a club that's struggling to pay wages. Harsh realities.
You don't even know when Barcelona started having real problems with wages, so yeah, no point in continuing this "discussion" any further.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Mbappe will essentially become impossible to manage. I know players have an influence on whether the manager stays but Mbappe will actually be attending these meetings.

I really hope this doesn't set a precedent. Imagine the Glazers giving Declan Rice power over who the manager is.

Say what you like about City but they'd never give a player this much power. Money, yes, in an off shore account but not power.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Would Madrid turn their noses on him in 3 years? He's rejected them basically in favour of a better deal.

I fear this means Mbappe's next move is PL bound, which likely means City as they will be the only realistic option for success and who's willing to trump the salary he'll be on when eventually leaving PSG.
They act like he disrespected the club and this was his last chance, meanwhile this is the third time he's rejected them and they'll still be waiting for him with open arms if he continues his trajectory of being the best player in the world. It's not about money, because Mbappe is set for generations regardless of where he goes, it's about making history and winning his hometown's first ever CL over adding to Madrid's already extensive cabinet. For all the outside perspective on PSG, it's still his hometown, would people really turn up their nose at being able to deliver your home city's first ever CL, even if it was a long shot?

People can hate all they want, makes it seem it's all about the money when it's probably the least important factor for him, I find it absolutely admirable that he chose to stay and fight for it, but it may be a big mistake if they don't end up winning it, but if they do then he becomes a far bigger legend than he would just delivering Madrid's next CL.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Although if the aforementioned numbers are even remotely close to reality I think it’s pretty much impossible to say no to that to be fair.

TsuWave

It is?

A player of his level and at this stage of his career shouldn't be wasting his time in the French league.
Yes. Always a candidate for the CL and have a stacked squad, and financial backing to attract any talent.

How are you a fan of a supposedly competitive sport and want to see the best talents always end up at the same clubs rather than, you know, compete?

Staying at PSG and trying to bag them a CL > joining a club that has like 13 of those. I don't support neither PSG or Real, so why would I want to see Mbappe join and strengthen Real - that already has that many CL titles - instead of competing against them and having one more legit candidate in the competition?

"at this stage of his career" - the guy is 23

"b-b-but French ligue" - be honest, outside of Real, Barca and Atletico - maybe Sevilla too - nobody really cares about La Liga like that. Slalom runs against Osasuna are hardly more prestigious than slalom runs Nantes.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The article says:
Against this backdrop of persecution for regional teams, Real Madrid’s treatment might well have appeared preferential. In comparison to troublesome teams like Barcelona and Bilbao, who implicitly rejected the regime, and whom Franco saw as a threat to Spanish national identity, Los Blancos symbolised the power of centralisation and of traditional Spanish language and culture.
How does this square with this (from Wikipedia):

Kubala was spotted by both Real Madrid and Josep Samitier, then chief scout at FC Barcelona. Kubala was offered a contract by Real but was persuaded by Samitier to sign for Barcelona. Samitier used his connections within the government of Francisco Franco to help arrange the transfer. Franco's government wanted to utilize Kubala's status as a refugee from one of the USSR satellite countries to reinforce the regime's validity, thus helping Kubala obtain Spanish citizenship without delay.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How PSG can get away with this while also being in a negative net return is a astounding.

I think it’s only a matter of time until oil money buys another French team to compete with PSG.

Kaushal

I don’t know what is driving your love in for psg, the Qatar and their sports washing propaganda. Calling it a sporting project.
Do you feel the same about Man city too ? And now Newcastle united ?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
PSG is one of the best sporting projects around. Always a candidate for the CL and have a stacked squad, and financial backing to attract any talent.
PSG have reached one final and one semifinal of the CL in their entire history. Real Madrid achieved that just in the last two seasons with a squad held together by duct tape. C'mon man.

TsuWave

You don't even know when Barcelona started having real problems with wages, so yeah, no point in continuing this "discussion" any further.
I made no mentions of timelines. I just stated things are they are, you know, he was won titles with PSG and Barca are struggling to pay wages.

TsuWave

PSG have reached one final and one semifinal of the CL in their entire history. Real Madrid achieved that just in the last two seasons with a squad held together by duct tape. C'mon man.
Yes? What does this have to do with anything I said?

"PSG is one of the best sporting projects around. Always a candidate for the CL and have a stacked squad, and financial backing to attract any talent."

read the sentence slowly and point out where I said Real isn't a good sporting proposition, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.