Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

As someone put it, if you have your chance to realize your dream, you don't wanna wait for it, especially if you can do it now. He is, rather surprisingly, being driven by sentimentalism rather than playing second fiddle to Messi and Neymar.
I'm not saying he wouldnt be keen on a move this summer.. I would be very surprised if he was willing to give up on 180m if he can get the move next summer..

If he is pushing for a move now, I dont think it'll be on reduced wages to make up for the transfer fee..

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
As someone put it, if you have your chance to realize your dream, you don't wanna wait for it, especially if you can do it now. He is, rather surprisingly, being driven by sentimentalism rather than playing second fiddle to Messi and Neymar.
I really don't think Mbappé is the one pushing it. Actually, it's been reported several times that Mbappé wouldn't mind if the deal doesn't go through this summer. Sure he wants to go now if possible but Real is the party that really wants to make it happen this summer.

choccy77

PSG isn't playing stupid, they're looking for options. Letting Mbappé go for 170M+10M seems like a good idea, but considering they owe Monaco 35M if he's transfered, it's better to keep him 1 extra year and seeing him leave for free than spending 100M of the 135M you have left buying an average player like Richarlison 4 days before the end of the transfer window.
The issue is, Mbappe promised PSG he wouldn't leave on a free and would sign a new contract and he has gone against that promise.

PSG do not want to lose him for nothing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is that being reported anywhere or are you just speculating?
I dont see why Mbappe would give up on 180m in wages AND give up on a very real chance of winning the CL this season because he wants to force a move a year earlier..

I would have thought Madrid would be more keen because there will be more competition for him next season should Madrid have a terrible year and Mbappe has second thoughts... or if PSG somehow force him into signing an extension...
Speculation obviously. Trying to make sense of it :lol:

I mean, he'd certainly be more expensive in wages on a free, obviously. How much more, i have no idea

Anyways, football is about joy. This gives all of us madridistas joy. Floren is a good man and he wants to give us joy

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The issue is, Mbappe promised PSG he wouldn't leave on a free and would sign a new contract and he has gone against that promise.

It's all for show, at the end of the day, what's the best option? One more year of Mbappé with Messi and Neymar and the time to work on a good replacement or a rushed transfer and an insanely high transfer fee for an average replacement? Money's good when you can use it to buy good players, if no-one is available it doesn't do you any good.

ti vu

I don't think this is true. Not leave on a free should mean he wants to leave now with a suitable offer from RM, which 180m offer should be.

Expect him to renew and make it tougher for the transfer to materializes clear conflict of interest, which Mbappe doesn't need to follow through with a contract renewal. What if PSG wants 300+m for him after contract renewal?

blueblood85

Supports
Chelsea
Can someone please explain to me why Madrid can’t just wait next year and get him for free? The player only wants Madrid and no one else, so it’s not like there will be competitors. For a club facing financial difficulties this is insane.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Is that being reported anywhere or are you just speculating?
I dont see why Mbappe would give up on 180m in wages AND give up on a very real chance of winning the CL this season because he wants to force a move a year earlier..

I would have thought Madrid would be more keen because there will be more competition for him next season should Madrid have a terrible year and Mbappe has second thoughts... or if PSG somehow force him into signing an extension...
I agree.

I was very hesitant at first about the big fee but then I realized the timing of this move is absolutely massive. This is a strategical signing that sets a big part of the foundations of the next project for at least 10 years at the same time it improves football results and helps attracting other talented prospects from day zero.

ti vu

It's all for show, at the end of the day, what's the best option? One more year of Mbappé with Messi and Neymar and the time to work on a good replacement or a rushed transfer and an insanely high transfer fee for an average replacement? Money's good when you can use it to buy good players, if no-one is available it doesn't do you any good.
The question is whether PSG needs an immediate like for like replacement for Mbappe. PSG is weighing the option surely, but Messi joining should have already change the team plan already.

IMO PSG can cash in, and wait until next summer to go after Haaland.

Xeno

I agree.

I was very hesitant at first about the big fee but then I realized the timing of this move is absolutely massive. This is a strategical signing that sets a big part of the foundations of the next project for at least 10 years at the same time it improves football results and helps attracting other talented prospects from day zero.
Madrid will always be an attraction. Maybe the attraction. Paying full price for a player in their last year is utterly nonsensical.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid will always be an attraction. Maybe the attraction. Paying full price for a player in their last year is utterly nonsensical.
Madrid will be an attraction as long as they keep the momentum going, if they are unable to do that nothing guarantees they don't become Manchester United post SAF (hopefully soon to change) or Milan post Berlusconi, especially in the PSG, City era.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The question is whether PSG needs an immediate like for like replacement for Mbappe. PSG is weighing the option surely, but Messi joining should have already change the team plan already.

I would normally agree with you. But when you give Messi and Ramos a 2 year contract, it means that you have a short term strategy. Do you really want to waste 1 year without a replacement to get a player next year when Messi is older? i'm not sure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We're unveiling the new roof on the bernabeu

Need Kylian to push the buttons

Got a feeling City might try going for Mbappe, exactly the type of forward that Pep would love and would ask the Abu lot to pay the asking price for.

ti vu

Got a feeling City might try going for Mbappe, exactly the type of forward that Pep would love and would ask the Abu lot to pay the asking price for.
But I doubt Mbappe wants to come to City, especially now that Pep hinted he may be out in 2023. 2 years with Pep is not that attractive as opposed to working his way to become new RM legend and building a bigger legacy in World football long term after Pep leave City.

bleedred

Can someone please explain to me why Madrid can’t just wait next year and get him for free? The player only wants Madrid and no one else, so it’s not like there will be competitors. For a club facing financial difficulties this is insane.

I felt the same way as well. Specially considering the turmoil barca is under, Real don't have to invest crazy.

Maybe Perez is due for election and need to show something after the super league debacle??? Really don't understand spending close to 200M when you can get him for free in a year.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wasn't the agreement supposed to be today? It's reported now that PSG turned down the second offer from Madrid.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Wasn't the agreement supposed to be today? It's reported now that PSG turned down the second offer from Madrid.
According to Pedrerol they have not responded yet, others say there will be another offer, 180 instead of 170 + 10

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Just waiting for a replacement or they are genuinely acting like a child again?
I don't know, but I hope it is not for a replacement because there is almost no time left.
I need the comunicado oficial once and for all to find some inner peace

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This wacky transfer season needs one last curveball, and that would be PSG saying "no."

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

You don't sign Messi on 2+1 years to go straight into another transition season.
Selling Mbappé causes real squad building issues as we need pace to make runs behind the defence and stretch the opponent.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Can anyone ask Marca where this photo was taken? I don't recognize the Madrid airport :

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Out of curiosity, what is Mbappe's best position? Left or right wing?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Out of curiosity, what is Mbappe's best position? Left or right wing?
He had good performances on both wings with us but doesn't seem to enjoy playing on the right anymore, he's more left/center now. It's pretty clear he wants to be a striker.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Breaking, Mbappé has some white shoes. Spanish medias/fanpages :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I hope the delay is not to overshadow Messi's debut as speculated in Spain

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I hope the delay is not to overshadow Messi's debut as speculated in Spain
We'll know soon enough, i think that if he plays tomorrow, there's good chances he stays. It would be very weird for PSG to start this big 3 for only 1 game.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
L'Equipe confirms MBappé will be in the group for tomorrow's game.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
L'Equipe confirms MBappé will be in the group for tomorrow's game.

Good, we will at least watch one game with the three of them, maybe the entire season.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Good, we will at least watch one game with the three of them, maybe the entire season.
Sayros, what will be your explanation when the whole thing happens? Apart from the player being incredibly stupid, of course :D

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Sayros, what will be your explanation when the whole thing happens? Apart from the player being incredibly stupid, of course :D
When what happens? If he goes before the end of the window? I'll really be fine with it, especially since this summer window where PSG has strengthened so much that even without Mbappe we are better than last season (IMO), and I couldn't believe the fact PSG would get this massive sum of money for a player than can be signed for free. If he stays? I'm fine with that as well, I get to see Mbappe, Neymar, and Messi play together. I've always expected Mbappe to leave by the time he was 22-24, and I even encourage it for his development to play in a stronger league week-in/week-out. Mbappe is fine with it either way as well, he's not desperate to join Madrid this summer by any means, but it would get PSG a huge fee no team should have any business having for a player out of contract next season.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
When what happens? If he goes before the end of the window? I'll really be fine with it, especially since this summer window where PSG has strengthened so much that even without Mbappe we are better than last season (IMO), and I couldn't believe the fact PSG would get this massive sum of money for a player than can be signed for free. If he stays? I'm fine with that as well, I get to see Mbappe, Neymar, and Messi play together. I've always expected Mbappe to leave by the time he was 22-24, and I even encourage it for his development to play in a stronger league week-in/week-out. Mbappe is fine with it either way as well, he's not desperate to join Madrid this summer by any means, but it would get PSG a huge fee no team should have any business having for a player out of contract next season.

Well, I was thinking about the following quote of yours specifically

Again, I think it would be incredibly stupid for either of those two to go to Madrid over somewhere in England at the moment if they were to make a move elsewhere.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well, I was thinking about the following quote of yours specifically
Oh, I had no idea that's what you were referring to. I don't think I'm saying anything outrageous though. England is a far more dominating league right now, their top teams are in much better shape to contend right away on all fronts than either of the Spain giants. But again, we all knew Mbappe's dreamed of Madrid since he was a kid, so maybe that overrides logic but I definitely still stand by the fact both Haaland and Mbappe should be at PSG (naturally :p), and if not then in England where their clubs will be able to put them in the best conditions to win every season. Madrid has a pretty considerable rebuild to deal with if they want to be the best spot for Mbappe's next 5-10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.