Kylian Mbappe

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You make it sound as if he's AIDS in person.
Also, being the stand out best player in the world is usually the very definition of someone you shuffle around your players for to make sure he plays at his best.
Nah, not really. Being the best player in the world doesn't mean you are automatically making any team better. Zidane was the best player in the world at Juventus, and they got better after selling him

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
now you're acting as if he should be at your door begging to stick his tongue up your arses while you're giggling as schoolgirls and pretending you're cool about it
I think that's exactly how we should act towards him. :)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He was pretty terrible over both legs. Barcola and Dembele were both class tonight though.

He’ll tear it up at Madrid, no doubt, but over these two games he was rubbish. Annoying because on Paramount+ Micah Richard’s and co are going nuts about how he delivered when it mattered blah blah, ignoring the fact it was a penalty and he was otherwise gash.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He's mentally checked out surely? And hasn't Luis Enrique been giving him random minutes here and there as a form of punishment? He'll be class next season I'm sure.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I only watched the 2nd half but it felt like every cross Dembele put in was easily blocked.

Alpha 1

The problem with stats and media hype. He was terrible in both games, scored 1 pen and a goal which he was gifted; suddenly he is the best.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Gets to play semi-final, even though should have been out in the group stages already, sucks.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, totally absent on the first one but at least he scored against Barcelona so I will cut him some slack just because of that. :lol:
He will push Rodrygo out of the team for good though, if he is actually coming, so not all upsides.

NoPace

He was pretty terrible over both legs. Barcola and Dembele were both class tonight though.

He’ll tear it up at Madrid, no doubt, but over these two games he was rubbish. Annoying because on Paramount+ Micah Richard’s and co are going nuts about how he delivered when it mattered blah blah, ignoring the fact it was a penalty and he was otherwise gash.
I think he just isn't a 9 against teams sitting deep, but Luis Enrique doesn't trust his forwards. Might have the same problem for Madrid, won't be shocked if he or Vini end up on the right with Bellingham behind I guess Endrick, or just Bellingham as a false 9 with Vini and Mbappe slightly wide of him on either side except for games where Madrid sits deep and plays on the counter.

The real question of this thread for me as a United fan is does his move mean we can - and should we - pay 80M or whatever for Rodrygo if Endrick passes him and makes him a backup and Madrid don't have injury issues. Garnacho looking about as good on the right as the left means it's not crazy.

Alpha 1

Nah, not really. Being the best player in the world doesn't mean you are automatically making any team better. Zidane was the best player in the world at Juventus, and they got better after selling him
The "bpitw" thing is a mordern myth based mainly on the world cup. He hasn't consistently reached that level through the season. And the fact that he plays in the French league also goes against this claim.