Kylian Mbappe

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly, I wish we'd just go for a back 3 with Alaba-Rudi-Militao, with Cama coming inside off the left, Kroos-Fede in the middle, Carvajal on the right, Vini up on the left, and then Jude and Rodrygo up top. Extend Mendy and convert him into a CB, sign a top CB, bring back Miguel as Cama's backup, and find a long term Kroos replacement so we're not *feckED* when he retires
For all your Mbappe love, I would’ve expected him to start at least :lol: Alaba is done at this level, I’d sell him and get a young CB in. That Yoro kid is being talked about.

Cama should progress his game and take over that Kroos role. Let the ball do the work. Kroos types of players don’t grow on trees.

Vini-Mbappe
——Jude——
Cama-Tchou-Fede
Davies-Rudiger-Militao-Carvajal
Tibo

Think this is what we’ll end up doing, assuming we get Mbappe and Davies. Davies could extend his contract still. Rodrygo first off the bench.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
For all your Mbappe love, I would’ve expected him to start at least
what love, I'm still hoping he ends up somewhere else :lol:

With Vini on the left we need a high level wing on the right, more so than a Davies(who is great btw, not like I'm not excited about that)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Mbappe (25), Vinicius (23), Bellingham (20), Camavinga (21), Valverde (25), Tchouaméni (24), Rodrygo (23).

I’d say that’s six pretty young starters.

You’re right about the missing Spanish players, though.
Own youth players I meant

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
what love, I'm still hoping he ends up somewhere else :lol:

With Vini on the left we need a high level wing on the right, more so than a Davies(who is great btw, not like I'm not excited about that)
Were hyping him up. I feel he hasn’t progressed much and even regressed compared to what he was two seasons ago. More static on the ball. Stats be damned. Find him underwhelming this season whenever I see him play. Think he stayed too long in that league and team.

Now for us to spend so much on a player that doesn’t really fit the profile of what we need…alas. Here is hoping it works out and we don’t have a Hazard 2.0…

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Were hyping him up. I feel he hasn’t progressed much and even regressed compared to what he was two seasons ago. More static on the ball. Stats be damned. Find him underwhelming this season whenever I see him play. Think he stayed too long in that league and team.

Now for us to spend so much on a player that doesn’t really fit the profile of what we need…alas. Here is hoping it works out and we don’t have a Hazard 2.0…
He's not progressed as much as he could/should have in the last years I agree, but he's still pretty clearly the best player in the world

He's also not someone so good that it should override considerations of squad harmony, technical-tactical fit, and past behaviour

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
In other news, he has a new title. His Royal Presidentness, Kylian Mbappe.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Which parts of France and Qatar are they offering him to create the sovereign Kingdom of Mbappé?

dinostar77

He's not progressed as much as he could/should have in the last years I agree, but he's still pretty clearly the best player in the world

He's also not someone so good that it should override considerations of squad harmony, technical-tactical fit, and past behaviour
Where will Endrick fit in when he arrives?

TsuWave

incredible player

Last edited:
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
In the remote case Florentino signs the player that has been rejecting him during 7 seasons, Real Madrid will play 4-3-1-2 with Vinicius and Mbappe upfront and Bellingham behind the two. Vinicius will initially start on the left and Mbappe will play as a striker on the right but more freedom than your typical 9.

This may cause a big conflict imo as Mbappe prefers to play on the left.
The Myth that keeps on giving. Mbappe simply hates playing as a lone striker against two cbs because it restricts his natural game and free roaming style. Not because of a preference for the left over playing down the middle. Put him in a twin pairing and he is more than happy. Even on the opposite flank in a 3 man attack he is comfortable unlike the likes of Rashford. Just don't force him to spend most of his time alone in the middle vs two cbs or like PSG found out he can get very disruptive

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
The Myth that keeps on giving. Mbappe simply hates playing as a lone striker against two cbs because it restricts his natural game and free roaming style. Not because of a preference for the left over playing down the middle. Put him in a twin pairing and he is more than happy. Even on the opposite flank in a 3 man attack he is comfortable unlike the likes of Rashford. Just don't force him to spend most of his time alone in the middle vs two cbs or like PSG found out he can get very disruptive
Well, here is hoping it works out. Right now Vini is tearing up defenses on his own, would be great to have a partner in crime to add to that. Carlo gives them full freedom to roam.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Well, here is hoping it works out. Right now Vini is tearing up defenses on his own, would be great to have a partner in crime to add to that. Carlo gives them full freedom to roam.
The entire shift to the diamond was to get Vini jr. to learn how to operate as one of two strikers. In preparation for a potential Mbappe and definite Endrick Arrival. I'd say its worked a treat. Vini jr doesn't look out of place alongside Rodrigo or Joselu upfront. And he still has freedom to roam. It shouldn't change alongside Mbappe who is similar, best in a free roaming role. Even better they will have Bellingham at 10. Who will be like a deep lying cf at times.

Pintu

What a footballer… three very different goals, and he seems just as comfortable in all of those situations.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger

pretty clearly the best player in the world, but not good enough at the same time. Now thats an interesting one.

Winrar

What a footballer… three very different goals, and he seems just as comfortable in all of those situations.

Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo will be RM's attack for the next 5-10 years, with Endrick popping up here and there. I would be praying to all the gods if we ever have to face that attack.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
pretty clearly the best player in the world, but not good enough at the same time. Now thats an interesting one.
Not really. The count of players that belong in the latter category in the past 30 years currently stands at 3

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo will be RM's attack for the next 5-10 years, with Endrick popping up here and there. I would be praying to all the gods if we ever have to face that attack.
Nope. Vini-Mbappé-Bellingham

Assuming we sign Mbappé, which I still don't believe until comunicado oficial

Winrar

Nope. Vini-Mbappé-Bellingham

Assuming we sign Mbappé, which I still don't believe until comunicado oficial
Is Jude playing that further forward now?

Regardless, him and Valverde behind Vini, Mbappe is a scary prospect. Not to mention Valverde can play as right sided attacker, too.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Madrid fans pretending that they don’t care either way :drool:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In Spanish, when a woman is too old to get married or have children, we say that "the rice is overcooked" .
I'm not saying he's old, but on the edge considering the structure of the squad.
For example Hazard's rice was very overcooked.
He arrives with 26 and not 20, after a lot of waiting, rejections and with money always in the conversation.
Imagine if we tried to sign Bellingham last summer and got him in 2029.
When the signing is announced there will be joy and his presentation will be massive, but for many more than joy it will be a sense of relief.
For many the unpleasant aftertaste will be impossible to shake off. Years ago he was going to be the undisputed leader, like Cristiano. Today he comes to a team that is working, with Vini and Jude, who looks like the perfect son-in-law

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In Spanish, when a woman is too old to get married or have children, we say that "the rice is overcooked" .
I'm not saying he's old, but on the edge considering the structure of the squad.
He arrives with 26 and not 20, after a lot of waiting, rejections and with money always in the conversation.
When the signing is announced there will be joy and his presentation will be massive, but for many more than joy it will be a sense of relief.
For many the unpleasant aftertaste will be impossible to shake off. Years ago he was going to be the undisputed leader, like Cristiano. Today he comes to a team that is working, with Vini and Jude, who looks like the perfect son-in-law
I get the anti-climatic feeling but it’s Mbappe. He’s better than anyone you have and the best player in the world.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They'd say that of course but after a few goals, never mind trophies, that aftertaste will be long forgotten

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Not really. The count of players that belong in the latter category in the past 30 years currently stands at 3
"He's clearly not good enough while also clearly being the best player in the world" is a bit funny. I'd get your point if it was "he's good but not that good", but not when you're calling him the stand out best player in the world

Maybe he is the best player in the world, i don't think he is, we'll see when/if he moves to a league that isn't completely shit.

Pintu

"He's clearly not good enough while also clearly being the best player in the world" is a bit funny. I'd get your point if it was "he's good but not that good", but not when you're calling him the stand out best player in the world

Maybe he is the best player in the world, i don't think he is, we'll see when/if he moves to a league that isn't completely shit.
Out of curiosity, who do you think is the best player ?

Regarding the league (5th biggest and richest in the world) being shit, it’s not his entire career… this is the kind of question worth asking for Vardy maybe, but not for Mbappé who has a carrier outside Ligue 1… He’s reached his first CL semifinal at 18 years old, with Monaco… since then he has played over 150 international matches between clubs and country.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm not pretending. Please don't put in the newspaper that I'm pretending
I get the oddness of the phrasing but it's not really that strange when you think about it. If you have a great side, any consideration you make about adding a new player must include how the player would affect your team, how much he would cost, whether he'd even make you better, how he would fit into the dressing room, etc. There's only been 3 players I've seen who were so good as to make you ignore everything else

Mbappé isn't one of them, yet

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Out of curiosity, who do you think is the best player ?

Regarding the league (5th biggest and richest in the world) being shit, it’s not his entire career… this is the kind of question worth asking for Vardy maybe, but not for Mbappé who has a carrier outside Ligue 1… He’s reached his first CL semifinal at 18 years old, with Monaco… since then he has played over 150 international matches between clubs and country.
I don't think there are any stand out players, you have the same group of players, minus Messi and Ronaldo, performing at a very high level but not as good as they used to be.

Being the 5th biggest and richest in the world doesn't really mean all that much considering the insane gap in quality. Not sure how it's comparable to Vardy, who played at a high level, for a poor team, in probably the toughest league in the world, but it's not like there wasn't questions regarding his ability to adjust to playing in a bigger team and a different setup than Leicester used him in.

No one is saying Mbappe isn't a good player.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I'm not pretending. Please don't put in the newspaper that I'm pretending

I get the oddness of the phrasing but it's not really that strange when you think about it. If you have a great side, any consideration you make about adding a new player must include how the player would affect your team, how much he would cost, whether he'd even make you better, how he would fit into the dressing room, etc. There's only been 3 players I've seen who were so good as to make you ignore everything else

Mbappé isn't one of them, yet
'
You make it sound as if he's AIDS in person.
Also, being the stand out best player in the world is usually the very definition of someone you shuffle around your players for to make sure he plays at his best.

This is rather easy, isn't it. You've been sniffing around his arsehole for ages, willing to do pretty much whatever it takes to get your tongue in, he turned around and dumped a deal Real Madrid thought was in the bag, now you're acting as if he should be at your door begging to stick his tongue up your arses while you're giggling as schoolgirls and pretending you're cool about it

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Ignoring the sexism (not attacking you, since it is a Spanish saying in general): she is still the hottest woman and everyone would give their left nut to be with her.

Just sign Mbappe. Real have become too likeable.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Can we ban Carvajal for sexism?

I know women who over 40 and they would be shocked if I showed them his post.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I get the anti-climatic feeling but it’s Mbappe. He’s better than anyone you have and the best player in the world.
Ehh, don’t know about that. I’d argue for Vini at this point.