Kylian Mbappe

croadyman

Time is against us also. By time the sale is agreed, all the paperwork gets signed off, we could be talking months, then there may be challenges as there were with Newcastle. At this point I'm hoping we get them in before the January window.
Yeah we won't see any effect until Jan sadly

spwd

If we do happen to sign him, who would we need to help fit him in the team?

stepic

I don’t really see why people are conflating the two, apart from the nationality of the clubs owners. PSG are their own club, they’re going to want Mbappe playing for them still.
mbappe has said he’s not signing an extension so psg may want to cash in.

izec

PSG would sell to us than Madrid if the takeover happens. But i think Mbappe only wants Real.

Baxquux

PSG would sell to us than Madrid if the takeover happens. But i think Mbappe only wants Real.
Offer him shares in whatever club-adjacent development project the '92' have planned, along with a slice of something in Qatar, and he might start thinking differently, particularly if we agree to a 3 year long contract, so he has flexibility, with a final year 2/220m break clause. This is a guy who could have boarded a plane last summer and signed a contract with RM for obscene money, with nothing PSG could do to stop him, and was still persuaded to sign a new deal. Someone , in fact, who's turned down Madrid 3 times at different junctures. I don't think his decision-making is as myopically Madrid centred as some reports would have us believe.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Offer him shares in whatever club-adjacent development project the '92' have planned, along with a slice of something in Qatar, and he might start thinking differently, particularly if we agree to a 3 year long contract, so he has flexibility, with a final year 2/220m break clause. This is a guy who could have boarded a plane last summer and signed a contract with RM for obscene money, with nothing PSG could do to stop him, and was still persuaded to sign a new deal. Someone , in fact, who's turned down Madrid 3 times at different junctures. I don't think his decision-making is as myopically Madrid centred as some reports would have us believe.
This would be an interesting idea -- just like how startups attract talent. Stock options in a holding company like the 92 Foundation.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
He is extending for probably another big fee.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s probably doing a Messi where he wants an obscene new contract plus wage hike each season. The thing is I’m not quite sure he’s worth it.

saivet

They aren't letting an asset leave for free
Intimidation tactics aside (which worked before), they can't do much. They can't even use the threat of not playing him as that's ridiculous stance to do with a player like Mbappe.

Lee565

Is it me or does mbappe look a lot older than he actually is, he already has a lot of lines on his face that you expect people to develop in their mid to late 30's

Red00012

Mbappe would destabilise the dressing room with his wages no thanks.
We’ve had DDG in our dressing room for the last 4 years with those crazy wages if that didn’t destabilise the dressing room nothing will

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Mental if it's confirmed...

redshaw

Is it me or does mbappe look a lot older than he actually is, he already has a lot of lines on his face that you expect people to develop in their mid to late 30's
No you're correct. It's from looking up at Ronaldo posters for too long.

cyberman

Can’t see it being true but it shows what level we as a club really are on. We should be able to afford this as well but we’re constantly told we need oil money to do it.
Ridiculous price by the way. Ronaldo and Messi in their prime would be worth that, not Mbappe

Chief123

I’d take him even if he looked like David Attenborough

BarstoolProphet

Is this a coping mechanism where you are trying to make it out that he's too old and already past it anyway?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid

Mental if it's confirmed...
That would be just stupid. A player we don’t really need, who is a free agent in 1y, for the biggest transfer fee ever. When we have so many other shortcomings in the squad.