Kylian Mbappe

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Maybe 3-4 years at Old Trafford, then off to Madrid.
Madrid doesn't need Mbappé anyway, he plays on Vinicius' side and can't be a proper 9. It's the ONE post where they don't really need an upgrade. For sure Mbappé is a better player, but not a "lets invest 180M + an insane salary" kind of upgrade.

bosskeano

ffs...come on Glazers sell to the Sheik so we can bring in Mbappe!!!

which we all know he would go to madrid first

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This is a Qatar signing all day long this. There gonna want to make a statement and what bigger way…

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Real bound means, Kane is available. If Real doesn't have the money and Qatar takes over - statement signing for us ;)

cyberman

Maybe 3-4 years at Old Trafford, then off to Madrid.
He’s turned down Madrid like 3 times now. I think we’ll finally realise he doesn’t want to go to Spain.
If it’s a Qatar takeover then he’ll join us. It’s the perfect statement signing.

Last edited:

TsuWave

10 years of pain and I've had to watch the blue bozos pull off a treble. I need this to restore my faith in this universe. I need this

chamartin

I've been lurking for 2 years and I think it's the best moment to say something. Mbappe is going to MADRID! Some Spanish sources have been talking about it for months but they were mocked and laguhed at. Madrid have secured a loan from J.P Morgan and Mbappe apologised to Florentino after World Cup. Qatar were never going to let him leave for free. Too much political pressure.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Mbappe and Haaland in the same city is a mouth-watering prospect...

Cloud7

Oh yes. It’s all coming together for Mbappe to United to happen.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Madrid doesn't need Mbappé anyway, he plays on Vinicius' side and can't be a proper 9. It's the ONE post where they don't really need an upgrade. For sure Mbappé is a better player, but not a "lets invest 180M + an insane salary" kind of upgrade.
I think he would gladly be a 9 for Madrid. He's not going to Bayern or City, so theres not many options. United is a moonshot but stranger things have happened. Qatari money + PL to face Haaland could be an exciting prospect.

wr8_utd

:'(
Is Mbappe really going to swap one Qatari club for another? Not sure he's going to want that.

Rolaholic

Is Mbappe really going to swap one Qatari club for another? Not sure he's going to want that.
Don't think he'd look at it like that, the Premier League is where it's in world football currently and La Liga have deep issues to work out.

United under new ownership with him as the face could be very attractive, especially competiting directly against his no.1 rival

Its all gone Shane Long

Could we even afford him with the Qatar money but with FFP on our backs? Kind of signing I’d love but also a signing that blows our next two summer budgets unless we sell a load of players, OT and the private jets

wr8_utd

Don't think he'd look at it like that, the Premier League is where it's in world football currently and La Liga have deep issues to work out
He seems like a player who really wants Madrid and they're in a far better position to win trophies and challenge for anything major. As for the Qatari angle, he faced a lot of pressure to sign up a new deal the last time with PSG when he wanted to go off to Madrid so I'm not entirely sure he'll want to get in bed with them again, unless he has no other options.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I agree with this. Brilliant player, but not needed. We need a proper #9.

A move to the PL would be interesting. I think he is so much better than Haaland and could help United take that next step. Don’t see any other realistic option.

STYLOISRED

He seems like a player who really wants Madrid and they're in a far better position to win trophies and challenge for anything major. As for the Qatari angle, he faced a lot of pressure to sign up a new deal the last time with PSG when he wanted to go off to Madrid so I'm not entirely sure he'll want to get in bed with them again, unless he has no other options.
His Idol is actually CR7 and that's what drove his love for Real Madrid (along with Zidane i would assume). If we were a well run club and maintained our position at the top of English football we would have been a legitimate option long before now.

wr8_utd

I agree with this. Brilliant player, but not needed. We need a proper #9.

A move to the PL would be interesting. I think he is so much better than Haaland and could help United take that next step. Don’t see any other realistic option.
Mbappe also reportedly wasn't happy having to play the #9 at PSG and wanted a more free role. However, I still can't see Madrid not moving for him and then later finding a way to fit him in. They've already lost out on Haaland and I don't expect them to lose out on Mbappe as well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbh I could see this happening if Qatar takes over. Don't want them to, but that's the only way I see United getting him. Generally though he'll stay and go to Madrid on a free in a year

surf

Depends what he wants, racially abused every game in Spain, or play in the best league in the world against his closest rival for future balon d’ors.
Depends if he wants to dethrone the goal yeti as the king of Manchester. Hopefully he's up for it.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I think he would gladly be a 9 for Madrid. He's not going to Bayern or City, so theres not many options. United is a moonshot but stranger things have happened. Qatari money + PL to face Haaland could be an exciting prospect.
It's not that he doesn't want to, it's that he cannot (at least not at the highest level). He's just not a real 9, he's not that great in the box whe receiving crosses, probably scored 3 headers in his career etc. He's pretty much the opposit of what Madrid had in the past decade and they'd need to change their philosophy completely to accomodate him.

MBappé is a Ronaldo kind of player, he needs a Benzema. So now if Madrid buys Mbappé, Kane and manage to have VInicius play on the right side (very very uncertain), that would really be something spectacular but Mbappé as a number 9 is just far from their best option. The team that will buy Mbappé needs to play him on the left, period.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Posted like a true disgruntled PSG fan. :lol:
Not really no, i have close to no emotionnal attachement to Mbappé. Great player and i'd be glad to keep him for the next 10 years, but i'm pretty fed up with the uncertainty of seeing him gone every summer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He has no love for Real Madrid, he is a Cristiano Ronaldo fanboy.

Rolaholic

Tbh I could see this happening if Qatar takes over. Don't want them to, but that's the only way I see United getting him. Generally though he'll stay and go to Madrid on a free in a year
Apparently the thinking behind the letter is to avoid the latter scenario.

He wants to get PSG a fee instead of leaving for free so this summer would be the only window they could properly cash in now that he has no intention of extending

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe also reportedly wasn't happy having to play the #9 at PSG and wanted a more free role. However, I still can't see Madrid not moving for him and then later finding a way to fit him in. They've already lost out on Haaland and I don't expect them to lose out on Mbappe as well.
Already been rejected by him like 3 times, how long is Perez going to twerk for this guy? I’d understand if we didn’t have Vini, but it just isn’t necessary. Especially with Benzema gone, we need a proper #9 alongside Vini and Rodrygo. Adding Mbappe feels like when we got Bale at the time. We just lucked out he could play on the RW.

That being said: what are the chances he just wants a better contract @Oly Francis ? Could just be that.

daba

The type of player you drop everything for.
I feel quite mixed on it as I like what we’re building, but I don’t think you can really turn down Mbappe.

Would be excellent business if we could offload them Sancho in return or something.

wr8_utd

He has no love for Real Madrid, he is a Cristiano Ronaldo fanboy.
He's not moving to the Saudi League just yet.

Already been rejected by him like 3 times, how long is Perez going to twerk for this guy? I’d understand if we didn’t have Vini, but it just isn’t necessary. Especially with Benzema gone, we need a proper #9 alongside Vini and Rodrygo. Adding Mbappe feels like when we got Bale at the time. We just lucked out he could play on the RW.

That being said: what are the chances he just wants a better contract @Oly Francis ? Could just be that.
I don't think this is about a new contract tbh. How much more can he really earn? 3 million a week? I don't think he feels the club is going anywhere and I'd not really blame him tbh. With Messi and Neymar gone, the attack is rubbish and all the burden will fall on him. Even last year, they had some really shocking bench strength. I'm not sure he wants to be at PSG while it's in the midst of a bit of a squad overhaul and transition and Madrid is instant success.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I'm pretty sure that it's just a scheduled thing, he signed a 2+1 contract and he was supposed to tell them whether he would trigger the extension or not.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

So there's rumors he was talking to the club about a long term extension. I don't buy that, in my mind there's just no way MBappé extends his contract with PSG again, he needs to go somewhere else in the next couple of years. I thought he would trigger his extra year and leave in 2024 for a nice transfer fee, but it seems it might happen sooner. I really don't see him negociating a new contract to spend 3 or 4 extra years in France.

wr8_utd

There's some media speculation (Le Parisien) going around that PSG are furious at Mbappe sending in this letter demanding a move right after Perez apparently said in some interview/video that Mbappe will sign for Madrid.