Kylian Mbappe

wr8_utd

:'(
Yes but Real could realistically do an Mbappe/Jude/Osimhen summer window and be good for a long time. Taking Mbappe and one of PSG target in one swoop would be some flex.
Oh I agree that they will probably sign Mbappe but I just can't see him displacing Vini on the left so they'll have to find a way to make him happy playing the #9 - which is something he did not want at PSG and wanted a more free role.

Care_de_Bobo

Isn’t this just his classic taking over the media cycle when Haaland does something great? Qatar just needs to give him a new loyalty bonus and he’s sorted.
Haaland hasn't done anything particularly great for weeks. Didn't score a single goal in either the FA Cup or CL semis or finals. Mbappe has a World Cup hatrick this season in case you'd forgotten.

City have about 6 or 7 players who were more crucial than Haaland in winning the last two competitions. They were doing pretty well without him the past couple of seasons too. The difference is that Pep tightened them up at the back, not that they've been scoring more goals.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Why does Mbappe want to leave psg? Did he fall out with the manager, Mbappe?

Perhaps he should have a word with the club's president, Mbappe, before deciding to leave.

Ted Lasso

surely Rashford would become a prime PSG target with the contract stuff up in the air
Not too many players I'd consider if it meant Rashford leaving. In fact there's exactly one player, and that's Mbappe.

I don't see the two things being linked, however.

Dazzmondo

PSG want to sell Mbappe this summer but absolutely not to Real Madrid. Interesting...

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
In theory Mbappé is perfectly able to play as a 9 for ETH, since the number 9 is allowed to roam around. The thing that Mbappé doesn't like is the Van Gaal/Deschamps interpretation of a 9 which is to stick in the middle and act as a poacher or target man.
There's roaming around, and there's "I want to be where I want when I want", which is pretty much what Mbappé asks, hence the "pivot gang" drama at the begining of the season. That's not what ETH did with Tadic, Haller or Dolberg.

Mbappé really needs a team where he'll be coached the hard way because no matter how talended he is, he needs to be given a role. Otherwise his stats will hide poor team performances. He could potentially fit as a 9 in a transition team like Liverpool a couple of years ago but he doesn't work hard enough off the ball.

He's a extremely talented player that needs a coach who will remind him that he is what he is, and will never be Neymar, Messi or any kind of real playmaker for exemple. PSG coaches rarely had the guts to force him to do what he does best : traumatize full backs on the left side and score a sh*tload of goals on top of a significant amount of assists.

Bwuk

Watch it end up being fecking City.

Mbappe - Haaland
Grealish - KdB - Bernardo
Stones - Rodri
Ake - Dias - Akanji
Ederson​

wr8_utd

:'(
I think Haaland winning the Treble would have made Mbappe even more certain of his desire to leave.

Woziak

Not sure they sell to an oil rival or the fact they would be selling to their own competition if they take us over
If he’s about to go to city or Madrid they will do everything to get him to go to united for obvious reasons and welcome to true twin city football future!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s a fecking circus, but a great player. I don’t see him going anywhere else but Madrid or city though.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Why does he keep angling for a move away from PSG? Generally when moving to a new club, a player can play them off against each other, but not if it is the same ultimate owner. Is he really keen to move, or is he using Madrid to increase PSG's offer?
Its very simple. PSG promised him a CF before get extended and went back on that promise. Not even in Jan did they correct it. He had made it clear repeatedly he prefers operating on the flanks off a cf than up against two center backs

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I think Haaland winning the Treble would have made Mbappe even more certain of his desire to leave.
I think his desire to leave comes (in my opinion) primarily from the fact that PSG is a mess and that we're going downhill with our new recruits. We don't have a coach, all the players Campos signed last season sucked, Galtier sucked, MBappé probably doesn't see the point of staying an extra year since the targets so far seem to be Ugarte, Asensio, Zaha and Marcus Thuram. Who would blame him?

Love how some people here think Qatar will manage United far better than Ineos. They just don't know what they're doing.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rashford and the bap together would be an exciting prospect. Seems like a total knob but I think I could live with it if he wanted to come and help us win the league.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And again I ask, and then what?

Break our wage structure and create a potential vacuum of players wanting to be paid a hell of a lot more
Foist a player onto the manager who may not be part of his plans
Move the likes of Rashford into an unnatural position and stunt the development of Garnacho
Potential forexcessive player power and interference from above who may tell ETH he has to take Mbappe or he has to play Mbappe
Regardless if Qatar takeover we have a budget this summer due to FFP, spend all of that on Mbappe and then what? Same midfield, same shit GK, same problems but we have a shiny new toy, gee sounds a little like Woodward that
Guy's begging for Real Madrid and had to be convinced with like a 1million a week wage just to not sign for them, absolutely ridiculous, he'll go to them within 4 years regardless because it's his dream
You'll argue well it was Ronaldo's dream too, yes but we didn't have to spend hundreds of millions to get him and hundreds of thousands of wages a week to keep him here

It isn't as simple as "Turning our noses on generational talents :lol:" The time to get Mbappe the generational talent was as he was leaving Monaco, we are nowhere near in the position to take him now and I don't believe it would help the team in any way in the long run
Imagine if Real had the same mentality? There is a reason why they are adored by everyone and it's not down to the city or country.

You don't say No to Mbappe . Yes, the Financials has to be right but not other reasons that you have mentioned.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Talk about a cure to A LOT of our all ailments and narrowing the gap at the top of the PL. Can we afford him? Can Madrid?
Real can afford him but he doesnt want play cf. Its either left or right flank for him. So unless they get a benzema replacement, He isn't going there. I believe City has the best chance and us if we get new owners because Radhford can play cf.

Blood Mage

Imagine him and Haaland playing together feck me. Don't think Pep could make them work together in his system though.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think his desire to leave comes (in my opinion) primarily from the fact that PSG is a mess and that we're going downhill with our new recruits. We don't have a coach, all the players Campos signed last season sucked, Galtier sucked, MBappé probably doesn't see the point of staying an extra year since the targets so far seem to be Ugarte, Asensio, Zaha and Marcus Thuram. Who would blame him?

Love how some people here think Qatar will manage United far better than Ineos. They just don't know what they're doing.
Well in theory they're not the same Qataris...

Dazzmondo

Even if the funding is the same, the actual owner making the decisions for United and PSG would be different, so it's not the same as judging SJR's clubs where he himself was making terrible decisions. Btw, regardless of whether or not PSG hasn't been run as well as it should have been, it's still been run far better than Nice under Ratcliffe. When they took over PSG hadn't won a league since the early 90s and most didn't know anything about the club other than Ronaldinho played for them at one stage.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, is it ? For comparison purpose, I would rather take the Saudi or Abu Dhabi way of doing things in England than a Qatar way of doing in French league.

More over, it wasn't just about signings about Qatar. It included the debt clearance and infra development too.

Theonas

Scout
Imagine if Real had the same mentality? There is a reason why they are adored by everyone and it's not down to the city or country.

You don't say No to Mbappe . Yes, the Financials has to be right but not other reasons that you have mentioned.
Real and Barcelona are the biggest team in the big footballing nations; Spain, Italy, France, Portugal and the South American countries. Kids there grow up idolising their stars and seeing them as the place to be if you want to win European Cups and Balon d'Ors because that's what they've been providing the past 70 years. Of course they have to cough up the money too but so do we and other English clubs now, yet when there is a potential Balon d'Or winner type of player, most of the time it's Real or Barcelona.

evil_geko

If he is coming under same wages, no thanks, I don't want wage structure to go to hell because of him.

James35

Praying he goes to Madrid. If he ended up at City why should the rest bother. This league is already verging on being as one sided as the German and French league as it is.

Baneofthegame

"Brazilian sensation"

https://en.as.com/soccer/real-madrid-player-endrick-continues-to-struggle-at-palmeiras-n/

As for Mbappé, let's just sell him if he doesn't extend his contract.

He's great, but not worth putting all your eggs in this basket with the threat of seeing gone every summer. I'm tired of this sh*t, you can't have long terms plans with a player like that.
I mean he is 16, it’s not unreasonable for him to be out of form.

But I agree on the Mbappe situation, better to just get 200 million for him and reinvest it.

Dazzmondo

If he is coming under same wages, no thanks, I don't want wage structure to go to hell because of him.
Tbf he is the best player in the world. The rest of the squad would probably understand he's an exception. Our wage structure is already screwed up anyway. Sancho's on over £350k per week

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I mean he is 16, it’s not unreasonable for him to be out of form.

But I agree on the Mbappe situation, better to just get 200 million for him and reinvest it.
Obviously, he could turn out real good, but for a player that young there's like 75% chances he doesn't live up to the expectations. I just mean that there's absolutely no guarantee he'll ever reach the highest level, it's a huge gamble.

Dazzmondo

We can't afford him, imagine how much he'd cost and we're already on the cusp with FFP by the sounds of it. He'll want City or Real anyway. The latter needs a striker right now so the stage is set for it really.
Perhaps we could get a friendly Qatari discount :)

STYLOISRED

Your club was barely top 4 quality (in France) before Qatar. Your club peaked at being a good European club years ago but Qatar wants more and so they try to artificially push you higher with all these super star signings.
Man utd is very different. Unlike your club, Man utd requires much less help to reach the top. Plus the club is not going to be held back by the league.