Kylian Mbappe

RuudTom83

It’s odd in a way, he has very few options.

The deal he has at PSG is almost impossible to match anywhere else.

Baneofthegame

Obviously, he could turn out real good, but for a player that young there's like 75% chances he doesn't live up to the expectations. I just mean that there's absolutely no guarantee he'll ever reach the highest level, it's a huge gamble.
Agree completely.

TenHagsEmpire

Supports
Ajax
If Barca had the money they should have gone for him. Unlike Madrid with Vinicius and City with Grealish they have no one as left forward/winger.

Mbappe - Lewandowski - Dembele would strike fear into any defense on the planet.

Baxquux

It’s basically Real or nowhere to be fair.
Weren't they rumored to be interested in Maguire - probably nonsense, but...Maguire, plus, let say, Sancho, plus something approaching 9 figures in 'cash' (enough to buy Martinez or similar striker) for a player out of contract next year might bring them to negotiations..

Apokalips

And PSG don't need the money or the sale. They'll take somebody to the cleaners.
Not that simple if their negotiating position is that they refuse to let him go for free. Unlike Spurs who seemingly are willing to let Kane go for free in a year, if need be.

Dazzmondo

Didn't they spend about €220m on Neymar? I can only imagine what Mbappe will cost.
If Utd is to be owned by Qatar, which is looking very likely now, it would be in their interest to sell Mbappe to Utd tbh. The meaning of my comment which you seemed to miss was that we could potentially get him for a very good price. PSG's owners don't really need much money anyway, especially with all of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe leaving their wage bill.

wr8_utd

:'(
Weren't they rumored to be interested in Maguire - probably nonsense, but...Maguire, plus, let say, Sancho, plus something approaching 9 figures in 'cash' (enough to buy Martinez or similar striker) for a player out of contract next year might bring them to negotiations..
Adding in those two would only enrage them enough to ask for over 300m.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If Utd is to be owned by Qatar, which is looking very likely now, it would be in their interest to sell Mbappe to Utd tbh. The meaning of my comment which you seemed to miss was that we could potentially get him for a very good price. PSG's owners don't really need much money anyway, especially with all of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe leaving their wage bill.
Does Mbappe not get a say in it?

I can see why you're pro Qatar :lol:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This is a signing that would actually make me get my cock out, I'm sorry. The thought of kylian mbappe at United is :drool:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Your club was barely top 4 quality (in France) before Qatar. Your club peaked at being a good European club years ago but Qatar wants more and so they try to artificially push you higher with all these super star signings.
Man utd is very different. Unlike your club, Man utd requires much less help to reach the top. Plus the club is not going to be held back by the league.
While the last sentence is obviously true, the rest isn't.

Qatar knows how to splash money and it made a huge difference for PSG, especially because it garanteed a top CL spot almost every year. That won't be the case for United. We'll see how Chelsea turns out but that kind of absurd spendings with no plan is totally something Qatar is capable of.

Dazzmondo

Does Mbappe not get a say in it?
Of course, if Mbappe straight up doesn't want to join Utd then nothing we can do. He might be open to it though. If he was to be the figurehead in a Utd team that wins the title off the Treble winners, a team which has his biggest rival for the Ballon D'Or going forward, that would be quite an achievement in his legacy. Already reports that PSG aren't going to sell him to Real which was his 1st choice. Maybe he'll stay another year but I suspect he'd prefer to move now rather than waste another year of his career. Similarly if Utd does become Qatari owned it's very unlikely PSG would agree to sell to City, so again Mbappe would need to wait until the end of his contract to move. Outside of those clubs there aren't many clubs who could afford his wages. Utd is one that could though.

Woziak

He’ll be coming to United if SJ takes over, what he’s on €750m per week plus another €750m as a paid ambassador, that’s probably a 20 year deal so he keeps his ambassador deal and we make him the name and figurehead of the New Man united, 4 year deal with the number 7 shirt and Real Madrid option when he’s 27/28.

If SJ has won, he will want a marquee statement signing and if he’s a true united fan, he won’t want city wining anything any more add that to the competitive nature of the Middle East and finally its game on again ?

STYLOISRED

While the last sentence is obviously true, the rest isn't.

Qatar knows how to splash money and it made a huge difference for PSG, especially because it garanteed a top CL spot almost every year. That won't be the case for United. We'll see how Chelsea turns out but that kind of absurd spendings with no plan is totally something Qatar is capable of.
Chelsea's spending with no plan is a result of not just one factor. The team was already in need of massive refreshing. The loss of key top management members and an over enthusiastic owner with zero understanding of football.

Man utd is a club on the up. You could keep every member of the current coaching and recruitment team and we would still be fine. What man utd needs is just clearing of debt and investment in club infrastructure.

Onerealunited

Who realistically has or could find the money to buy him. My guess would be (ignoring teams out of Europe)
- Real Madrid: need a CF, has the money but bad relationship with PSG owners
- Bayern Munchen: need a CF, has the money but not known to make that expensive investments, but they could surprise
- Newcastle: don’t need a CF, has the money
- Chelsea: need , has the money, but being out if CL might reduce their chances
- Manchester City: don’t need him
- Manchester United: need him, could find the money

So if he was to be sold this summer I only see Bayern and us as realistic options as the remaining options are either not in CL, don’t need an expensive forward or have a bad relationship with PSG. Our interest would depend on our future ownership

KanieKaned

Watch it end up being fecking City.

Mbappe - Haaland
Grealish - KdB - Bernardo
Stones - Rodri
Ake - Dias - Akanji
Ederson​
That setup allows him a free role to drift wherever he likes. Could interchange with Grealish and Bernardo. Pretty terrifying in an attacking sense.

Eddy_JukeZ

PSG are not selling him to City. That would never happen.

It's Real in all likelihood. If they're fully adamant on not selling to Real, then he might have to stay another season.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Isn't United getting new owners, from Qatar?

Not like United lacks financial muscles anyway, so here is the opportunity.
I like how a lot of us are done with this dude and his mom :lol: Still expecting an extension for a pay increase.

Think we should go for Kane. Not that Kane is on Benzemas level, but closest when it comes to the playing style.

Castia

Will surely end up at Madrid now. Should have gone a couple of years ago.

Benzema leaving is perfect timing for him to announce he’s not renewing.

Bellingham and Mbappe is one scary as feck window

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I like how a lot of us are done with this dude and his mom :lol: Still expecting an extension for a pay increase.

Think we should go for Kane. Not that Kane is on Benzemas level, but closest when it comes to the playing style.
Other than being done with him, which i am, why sign him?

He can play CF, but he doesn't want to play there, so he would occupy Vinicius position, so not worth it.

Agreed that we should go for an actual CF, Kane fits the bill well enough, and then we can focus on getting a new RB, LB and back-up striker, better plan.

But Perez probably can't resist jumping into the race again...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apparently the thinking behind the letter is to avoid the latter scenario.

He wants to get PSG a fee instead of leaving for free so this summer would be the only window they could properly cash in now that he has no intention of extending
Sure, but there has to be a buyer where he is open to go... He won't go to Newcastle (nor could they actually get him with FFP), Liverpool can't afford him I don't think, I don't think he goes to City, and Real Madrid I don't think would do 2 massive transfers in the same window. Fully think he's set to go to Madrid but United with the lure to compete with Haaland in the prem the way it is now, making it like Ronaldo vs Messi in La Liga 10 years ago, I could see that.