Kyogo Furuhashi - Celtic

TheReligion

Abusive
26 year old Japanese forward signed in the summer for just under £5m.

Has had a flying start to his Celtic career with 6 goals in his first 6 games in all competitions. Looks a very modern style player who has high energy, pace and constantly presses forward. Decent finisher too.

Potential SPL top scorer this season?

Could be another Nakamura style signing for the hoops..

Home debut hat trick.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Potential SPL top scorer this season?
That's a big ask. He'll have to go some to beat that lad who couldn't make it at West Brom and whatever's left of Jermain Defoe.

padzilla

Hipster
That's a big ask. He'll have to go some to beat that lad who couldn't make it at West Brom and whatever's left of Jermain Defoe.
Ha ha that's a bit harsh, the SPL isn't as bad as some would believe. Shane Duffy couldn't hack it up there last season and was man of the match for Brighton against Burnley on Saturday.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He looks a real find. Really exciting player and great finisher.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His movement is really good. Iniesta is a fan

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He does look a real handful. Depends on if Celtic bring in another forward as to where he plays, but if he's main striker he's a shoe in for top scorer I reckon.

Vault Dweller

Looks a very good signing for Celtic. Very clever movement and always seems to be in the right place. Will be interesting to see how he gets on through the season. While still being defensively suspect Celtic already look much better now compared to the start of the season.

Borninthe80ts

He scored a hatrick in his first game for Celtic and would seem to be the tailsman that clubs like this look too. I took a deep dive on YouTube and although highlights can be deceiving he looks to have potential to be special. He reminds me of Kagawa in some ways. Intelligent movement, creative short passing and link play. He also has good timing and can finish too. A high tempo playing side would suit him well and enhance his attributes.

Swedish_Plumber

The difference maker in today’s Scottish League Cup final. Think that’s 15 goals in all comps this season including 5 in the europa league.

His movement is constant and a real threat combined with his space has some marking him down as one of the best strikers to play up here since Larsson (not sure how true those tweets I’ve seen are).
Though that might be more of a mark on how many good attacking players have actually been here since haha.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Looks a very good signing for Celtic. Very clever movement and always seems to be in the right place. Will be interesting to see how he gets on through the season. While still being defensively suspect Celtic already look much better now compared to the start of the season.
I personally think the SPL is absolutely woeful standard of football, but that Kyogo does look decent and his 2nd goal today was well taken. Fancy Rangers for the title still, although it depends who beats who when them and Celtic face off, really

Rockets Redglare

He looks rapid and his movement looks very good, although with it being the Scottish league it’s hard to tell how much of that is down to poor defending.

Both his goals were great today however, with the second being an absolute cracker.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He is a player who is absolutely suited to PL football. He will leave Celtic for the PL for a decent return for the Scottish club.

He will score plenty in Scotland but it’s his matches against some really good European teams which have impressed me. His workrate, pressing and movement is ridiculous and he’s a really good finisher.

He is very good against all opponents and if surrounded by better players, I’d be confident that he could make the step up.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He is a player who is absolutely suited to PL football. He will leave Celtic for the PL for a decent return for the Scottish club.

He will score plenty in Scotland but it’s his matches against some really good European teams which have impressed me. His workrate, pressing and movement is ridiculous and he’s a really good finisher.

He is very good against all opponents and if surrounded by better players, I’d be confident that he could make the step up.
Agree with this. Touch, movement, energy, two-footedness, finishing - all looks sharp. Could see him working well in most teams who don't rely on a big man up top holding the ball in. I think he'd be better used in the middle where his multi-directional movement can pull centre-halves apart, rather than out wide where he doesn't have the space options to wrongfoot an athletic full-back. Only challenge with the Premier League I'd see is his tendency to collapse in a heap upon any physical contact. He'd need to toughen up to handle centre-halves who will keep a tighter grip on him compared to up here. Impressive signing from Celtic in terms of potential resale value as he looked like a real prospect in Japan as well.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Agree with this. Touch, movement, energy, two-footedness, finishing - all looks sharp. Could see him working well in most teams who don't rely on a big man up top holding the ball in. I think he'd be better used in the middle where his multi-directional movement can pull centre-halves apart, rather than out wide where he doesn't have the space options to wrongfoot an athletic full-back. Only challenge with the Premier League I'd see is his tendency to collapse in a heap upon any physical contact. He'd need to toughen up to handle centre-halves who will keep a tighter grip on him compared to up here. Impressive signing from Celtic in terms of potential resale value as he looked like a real prospect in Japan as well.
I don’t think he has to toughen up as such, he just has to cut out the diving. He’s such a dislikable footballer due to his theatrics and is up there with Salah in terms of diving.

I didn’t watch their games however I’ve seen clips of him where he just collapsed looking for penalties as if he had been snipered and the multiple dives yesterday. I don’t like that.

Movement and finishing etc though I can see why he is often likened to Larsson albeit not at that level yet, if ever.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Strikes me as someone that would excel in the Richarlison role for us, as a CF behind a target man picking and feeding off the scraps, being allowed to float across the line a bit.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s happened already and I could see it happening again, but I reckon his hamstring will be an issue. He doesn’t seem to reserve energy and is 100mph for 90 minutes.

Vault Dweller

His movement really is brilliant. Not that I'm saying they are the same level or anything, but his movement reminds me of Larsson. His lob goal yesterday was brilliant.