L.A. Noir

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
L.A. Noire

New game from Rockstar, Not much has been released about the game, but it was said to be released some time in the 09 financial year.

YouTube - L.A. Noire Game Play Trailer

Apparently running off the GTA 4 game engine.

Nice twist with the solving murder mysteries, hope it gets released.

Rockstar hasn't done much more with Team Bondi's LA Noire than announce in 2006 its intent to publish the game for current-generation consoles. Since then, the game has maintained an off-the-radar profile, being name-checked only on occasion over the years following the release of a trailer in 2006.

Hartfields! Why did it have to be Hartfields?!

This week, Rockstar again confirmed that LA Noire remains in development, adding that those interested in finding out more about the title may not have much longer to wait. Responding to a fan's question as part of its Asked & Answered feature, Rockstar said of the game, "While we have yet to announce a definitive release date, LA Noire is coming along quite splendidly." The post went on to note that "we're going to have details to share with you all very soon."

The debut effort from Team Bondi, LA Noire is set in "a perfectly re-created Los Angeles" of the late 1940s, with players being given an "open-ended challenge" to solve a series of murders. The postwar setting will include such film-noir genre staples as corruption and crime, with drugs and jazz thrown in for good measure. Though initially announced as a Sony-published PlayStation 3-exclusive, LA Noire was later dubbed a project coming to "next-generation consoles" when Rockstar picked up the project in 2006.

Rockstar cofounder and creative director Sam Houser is executive-producing L.A. Noire, with Team Bondi founder Brendan McNamara (writer and director of The Getaway) serving as director of development.
30/9/09

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
it looks decent, havent heard anything about it before now

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
First trailer out now

looks set for a spring 2011 release, fingers crossed!

oh and thank you to weaste for redirecting me, i couldnt find this thread for the life of me but knew there was one around somewhere!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Facial animations look fantastic...Name's a bit shit. Good direction to go with the Rockstar Sandbox after modern gangster and cowboy. Would rather see gameplay footage than random cutscenes any day of the week.

Them's my thoughts. Hope you enjoyed them.

WeasteDevil

Facial animations look fantastic...Name's a bit shit. Good direction to go with the Rockstar Sandbox after modern gangster and cowboy. Would rather see gameplay footage than random cutscenes any day of the week.

Them's my thoughts. Hope you enjoyed them.
This isn't actually developed by Rockstar, they are simply the publisher.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I looked it up

Team Bondi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The company was founded by Brendan McNamara[1], who was the former Director of Development for Sony Computer Entertainment’s Team Soho Studio in London and writer and director of The Getaway which has sold over 4 million units on the PlayStation 2 console
The Getaway was pretty much GTA...

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I was waiting for news from this game for quite a while. I'm going to try and not read anything else about it, I think nowadays I read too many previews and reviews up to the point that one loses the surprise factor. I'll just wait till it's released and if it has high ratings I'll buy it without reading anything else on top of what I already know.

And Mockney, The Getaway was nowhere near GTA. Other than driving and shooting there were no other resemblances. It had an extremely strict gameplay, with a linear mission structure and absolutely nothing to do outside of missions. Not to mention enormous playability issues and bugs... GTA III was years ahead of it in term of quality and fun despite being an year older.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Well you got to walk freely around London and shoot stuff. I liked it.
Me too, it was the first game I could actually recognize a known city... But I didn't knew about GTA at the time. I actively seeked games that could be similar to Getaway and bumped into Vice City. Only then in hindsight I saw the limitations of Getaway.

Saliph

That irish guy sounds like Cpt. Dudley Smith/James Cromwell in LA Confidential.

Eriku

Woop... This last tidbit of info has me excited... Veeeeeery sophisticated facial motion capture, which you'll be needing to call out the lying twats who are loath to give up the goods:

Trés cool.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Bloody amazing. I'm extremely excited by this game.

Lance Uppercut

L.A. Noire's hero, Cole Phelps, is a hot up-and-coming new recruit to the LAPD. As he solves cases, he is quickly promoted from the traffic desk, to robbery and eventually up to homicide. And now we know that tied throughout all of this is the machinations of a serial killer and the severe corruption within the police department.

The latest trailer shows events from Phelps' time on the Homicide desk. "The more successful Phelps becomes as a detective, the more dangerous the world around him becomes," says Head of Team Bondi, Brendan McNamara, adding, "Including inside the LAPD."

Though we now have a look at the serial killer, McNamara cautions that "The story of LA Noire goes beyond simply catching one killer. There is a much larger story that will reveal itself as you move from desk to desk that deals with the corruption at the heart of Los Angeles in 1947."

Phelps himself has a dark history that will be revealed as you progress through the story. Awarded the Silver Star for his heroism during the Battle of Okinawa, Phelps is seen as an incorruptible force, easily made into the bright new public face of the LAPD. But there is more to Phelps' past because, as McNamara explains, one of the leading character's main motivations is "to right the wrongs from his time in the war through devoting himself to the police force. But not even his ambition, success and dedication to the force can completely expunge his experiences during the war, and that is the real story of LA Noire."

The new trailer also confirms L.A. Noire's release date. Gamers in North America can get their hands on L.A. Noire on May 17. Global dates haven't been announced, but we expect similar timing in Europe and Asia.
There's a Serial Killer Loose in L.A. Noire - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Ok i think i jizzed a little at that lip syncing.

That whole facial system they use looks absolutely fantastic, looking like this might require me pulling a sicky release day.

Leg-End

Looks very impressive, that new trailer has me convinced and therefore a customer.

zub2007

cant wait for this one to come out, not sure if will get on release date due to few games on list but this should be awesome

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Wow. This looks awesome. Is this ps3 exclusive?

beacon

All Creatures Great and Small
I just hope they haven't spunked all their energies on the facial recognition leaving nothing in the bank for gameplay and longevity.

At the moment though I'm seriously excited about this.

Kaos

They've been working on it for absolute ages, so we should hope to expect a brilliant finished product. I remember how annoyed I was when I heard it has been delayed till 2008 'at the latest'

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Calm down lads!
Nah, it looks like it will be the next big thing. The most anticipated game of the year for me, still don't know if I'll buy it for PS3 or 360 mind, the difference will probably be non-existent so it's basically a choice of whether I want to play it in my bedroom or the living room anyway. Looks more like a living room game though, doesn't it?