La Liga 2018/19

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Mainly that, but imo his teams play a very mechanic style of football, if it works ok, but when he is faced with difficulties I don't know if he is adaptative enough to change the dynamics of the team.
A lack of a proper B plan was one of the main problems of Lopetegui. And lack of creativity in gameplay, but that was probably due to the ammount of average players we have in top squads.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
A lack of a proper B plan was one of the main problems of Lopetegui. And lack of creativity in gameplay, but that was probably due to the ammount of average players we have in top squads.
True, he has more conditions at Madrid and La Liga with better players to play like that. On the other hand the other teams have more quality to do sometimes things like Sevilla did. Not to mention how the more established foreign players will buy his "ideas".

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Good draw for Rayo. They are slowly getting their grip on the league so hopefully they can stay up in the end.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Haven't seen many of their matches but surprised Valencia haven't won a game yet.

Can't use CL as excuse as they've only played 1 game in that and they've moved away from the permanent crisis they were in 2-3 years back.

Seem to be struggling to score despite having Guedes, Rodrigo, Gamiero and Batshuyai as options.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mainly that, but imo his teams play a very mechanic style of football, if it works ok, but when he is faced with difficulties I don't know if he is adaptative enough to change the dynamics of the team.
the spanish press has already been writing recently about the rotations. Apparently some players did not understand that they arrived so soon.
On plan B I still can not talk because I have not seen enough.
I like how they play although I have noticed them very anxious. Very worried about finding fast triangulations and keeping possession fast.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
the spanish press has already been writing recently about the rotations. Apparently some players did not understand that they arrived so soon.
On plan B I still can not talk because I have not seen enough.
I like how they play although I have noticed them very anxious. Very worried about finding fast triangulations and keeping possession fast.
His main problem in Portugal was when things didn't started to go well against teams who played with a very low block usually the team started to be a unidimensional possession team, struggling to verticalize their game. Now in Spain the teams have a different football culture regardless of their quality, but if you want to see what "juego vertical" means just look at Sevilla first half. Not saying Lopetegui is a fraud or bad, he did also good things at Porto, like improving Casimiro or giving a chance to Ruben Neves with 17, but their fans don't like much possession by possession.

If the media is asking questions about rotations he probably will start to be less radical on his appproach like he did at Porto, the problem is the older foreign players who probably are not so used to that.

Bole Top

Messi on the bench vs Bilbao. Coutinho, Dembele and Suarez will play front three.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Messi to the rescue second half then.

It's amazing take one great player out of a team and suddenly the opposition fear them much less.

Seen it with Madrid midweek and now Barca despite both teams still stacked with lots of great players.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Always amazes me how quiet a stadium filled with as many people as the camp nou can be.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Just had a quick peek at barcaforum, their meltdown :lol: calling Pique and Valverde names, I hope these fans are not an actual representation of Barca fans in real life. They are so self-entitled and pathetic. Still expect Barca to turn this around with Messi coming on in the second half to rescue them.

Skorenzy

Messi to the rescue second half then.

It's amazing take one great player out of a team and suddenly the opposition fear them much less.

Seen it with Madrid midweek and now Barca despite both teams still stacked with lots of great players.
Very strange half.
Barça certainly have looked more energetic than in the past few weeks, and have created a lot of dangerous situations with relative ease without necessarilly having many clear scoring chances.
Luis Suárez has been excellent, creating danger from very little by running at players and he put one on a plate for Coutinho with a peach of a pass (similar to Susaeta's for the goal).
Semedo also looks "liberated".
I do agree that Athletic aren't playing scared at all as they might be if Messi were there.
I'm not a fan of Valverde's playing style but on the basis of that half it looks a lot more dynamic and flowing without Messi.
Question is can they be as effective than they are with him? I doubt it, but if they want to threaten in the CL this season they'll have to find a way to combine them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Barcelona actually looked better in that first half that they’ve been doing in recent weeks. Suarez has been brilliant again despite the criticism.

Can’t miss as many chances as they’ve missed today and Pique has to get his act together. Third game in a row with a mistake that led to a goal

el3mel

Holy shite Barca are losing again ?

I can't say any way Valverde will be there next season whatever the result.

el3mel

Just had a quick peek at barcaforum, their meltdown :lol: calling Pique and Valverde names, I hope these fans are not an actual representation of Barca fans in real life. They are so self-entitled and pathetic. Still expect Barca to turn this around with Messi coming on in the second half to rescue them.
Valverde deserves any shite thrown at him. One of their worst managerial appointment. A very anti Barca manager in every possible way. After the Roma diabolical result he shouldn't have been managing them this season. People can talk about domestic titles as much as they want but that's not what Barca aim for.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who the hell is Munir El Haddadi :confused:
Been on loan last few years, was at Valencia and Alves last two seasons.

Got to see despite their underwhelming start Atletico are bang in this title race.

Barca probably kept him as he can fill that sub striker role without kicking up much of a fuss that Alacer did.

Pocho

Messi changed the game, should have been a win for Barcelona.

el3mel

I'm a she. :D Do Barca play Spurs during the week? Spurs will be fancying their chances.
So sorry, but it's not my fault I looked at the profile and saw nothing. :D :D :D

They will play each other this week yeah, on Camp Nou, Wednesday.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Rakitic with one of the all-time worst performances today. And Suarez with his usual dross. People who don’t watch Barca and still call him «world class» really gets on my nerves. Pique is also just a joke at this point. And him raving about in the centre forward position in the 2nd half... total chaos