La Liga 2018/19

ArseHat

Obviously this transfer is looking a bit silly now with their current goal scoring struggles, but tbf, a goalkeeper like Courtois for 35m is a steal. Granted, they had more pressing concerns once Cristiano was sold, but I feel it was like one of those times when you impulsively buy something you don’t necessarily need, because it was too much of a bargain, and you feel you’ll regret not pulling the trigger while the deal’s still on the table.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And going for Mariano, Vinicius and Odriozola too, nice prospects for the future but they were mad to think Benzema without Ronaldo would start to score 30 or 40 goals a season or Bale would somehow stop being injured because Ronaldo didn't let them shine. :lol:
It's crazy isn't it ? I'm sure a few new signings to freshen things would even help the likes of Benzema/Bale. For years when you play with Ronaldo, it's always to take a while to adjust and since there is little patience in Real Madrid, they had to invest.

vangagal

It's crazy isn't it ? I'm sure a few new signings to freshen things would even help the likes of Benzema/Bale. For years when you play with Ronaldo, it's always to take a while to adjust and since there is little patience in Real Madrid, they had to invest.
Maybe they dont have the big bucks anymore? Remember the time they bought Ronaldo, Kaka it was for world records no ones saw it coming. Now, that the bar has been set by PSG with Neymar i doubt Perez has any balls to outmacth that. I dont doubt any second that if Hazard available for 90m more or less, he will take it. Problem is, Hazard kind of player will cost at least 150 or more from now on. When was the last time Perez thrown big money? James at 2010 or 14 i believe?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Maybe they dont have the big bucks anymore? Remember the time they bought Ronaldo, Kaka it was for world records no ones saw it coming. Now, that the bar has been set by PSG with Neymar i doubt Perez has any balls to outmacth that. I dont doubt any second that if Hazard available for 90m more or less, he will take it. Problem is, Hazard kind of player will cost at least 150 or more from now on. When was the last time Perez thrown big money? James at 2010 or 14 i believe?
They're one of the richest clubs in the world, they have money, they just don't invest in players for whatever reason

vangagal

They're one of the richest clubs in the world, they have money, they just don't invest in players for whatever reason
Maybe thry just dont see any value in the market? Its equivalent with our summer 2009 replacing Ronaldo with Obertan. The money is there but we still had Fergie unlike Madrid now.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
Indeed.

Atletico perform well against Real and surely the Champions League hoodoo could end especially since last time it was a Ronaldo hat-rick that settled it and the two finals were settled with a last minute equalizer in a game Atletico (who were already missing Arda) lost Costa after 5 minutes and then a post in a penalty shootout in a 1-1 game in which Real's goal was offside.

Same for a potential Real vs. Juventus match-up. You don't have Ronaldo's hat-rick last season you probably see Juventus progress.
Last year RM could defeat Juventus only in the last minute with a not clear penalty, after that in the first leg a penalty for Juventus was not given. This year RM is weaker and you can be sure that Juventus is much better than a year before. It is not only for Ronaldo. New players have been signed and the quality of the side is now improved.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I've already said this but it bears repeating right now: we've gone all in on asensio this season. He's the one who has to step up, not benzema or bale(who, let's face it, we've always known he'd struggle with injuries)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You cannot expect to score the same amount of goals by replacing Cristiano fecking Ronaldo with Mariano Diaz. They needed a Salah/Hazard-caliber player to share the responsibility with Benzema, Bale and Asensio.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Heh. We've scored 5 goals fewer in the league compared to last season, but we've also played atletico. We've had two freak games against sevilla were we didn't show up and cska were we hit the post 3 times. Cristiano had a great game in dortmund tbf, but otherwise not that much difference compared to last season. It's Asensio that's been missing, after starting on fire a year ago...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Anyone watching the A Madrid-Betis game? 2 shots on target after an hour.

Seems like no one wants to win La Liga this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Simeone so pumped after winning that.:lol:

Atletico nulified Betis there.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Betis only with 5 goals so far.

They can keep possession, but they can't score/create enough chances with this.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Surprised André Silva hasn't scored yet.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Don't joke he actually can score a few more than Éder.
I'm not joking. He will be this year's pichichi and will move to Real next year with Hazard.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm not joking. He will be this year's pichichi and will move to Real next year with Hazard.
And they will make Floren and Julen Great Again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Need sevilla to get a third, is the game over?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Golden boot this season will be Andre Silva vs Piatek :lol:

el3mel

How the hell did Barca and Madrid end with Valverde and Lopetegui as their managers ? Desperate days.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Valverde and Lopetegui Make La Liga Great Again.