La Liga 2019/20

RooneyLegend

So Leonardo has ruled out Neymar going to Madrid as the player doesn't want it and says negotiations with Barcelona aren't dead and they know what price they want and they do want to sell Neymar.
Something tells me they're just stringing these players along. Neither deal is all that tempting especially if Dembele doesn't come in to it. When does the window close?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Golaaaaaaaaaaazooooooooo!!!!!!!

Osasuna take the lead

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Must say Osasuna are playing quite well. Decent team

Betis are just awful

So maybe 4-2

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Alba with a dive for the ages :lol:

Immediately tells the ref "not a pen" to avoid yellow and it works :lol:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
16 year old Ansu Fati equalizes after a Perez assist. Seems like La Masia isn't dead after all.

Our federation needs to talk to this kid, would be great if he got naturalized

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They only need to play well for 20 minutes to win 80% of their games. It's infuriating

freeurmind

weak willed
How does Artur not start? Just looks class above everyone else in midfield.

wr8_utd

:'(
Pique really is a disgrace of a player. Can't believe Barca still haven't replaced him.
Arthur was glorious and the miss by Perez was just awful.
Messi needs to return asap. This team can't create much without him.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Pique really is a disgrace of a player. Can't believe Barca still haven't replaced him.
Arthur was glorious and the miss by Perez was just awful.
Messi needs to return asap. This team can't create much without him.
He was the best centreback in La Liga by a mile last season, he's clearly their best defender. You want to replace him with which player? Van Dijk?

Obviously they weren't going to create much with a front 3 of Griezmann, Rafinha and Perez. They still did more than enough to win and should have done so.

wr8_utd

He was the best centreback in La Liga by a mile last season, he's clearly their best defender. You want to replace him with which player? Van Dijk?

Obviously they weren't going to create much with a front 3 of Griezmann, Rafinha and Perez. They still did more than enough to win and should have done so.
He had 3-4 good months from Jan to April. Taken over the course of the season, Lenglet was easily their best CB and will again be so this season. Pique just makes way too many mistakes now.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He had 3-4 good months from Jan to April. Taken over the course of the season, Lenglet was easily their best CB and will again be so this season. Pique just makes way too many mistakes now.
Come on now, Lenglet isn't half the player that Pique is. Pique was consistently great across the entire season then his level went down in the last couple of months. There was a period in the middle of the season where he was serving defensive masterclasses one after the other around the period when they won 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

Is he going to become the new punching bag with Suarez injured? He even played well today, bad approach on the penalty but that was very unlucky.

CosmoKramer

Supports
FC Barcelona
The usual "take the lead and then drop back to protect it" kind of tactics from the genius Valverde. This guy has a Paggani Zonda but drives it like my grandma. Absolutely out of his depth.

Pique had a slow start last season as well but when he regained form he was 2 levels above Lenglet. And Lenglet is decent but he is too damn soft for a CB. Even Mascherano was more solid on his feet and the guy was 1.5m in height. Today he was partially at fault for the first goal as well. 1on 1 with the Osasuna player and he fell on his butt like a sack of potatoes.

Pique had a brainfart but all in all it isn't the fault of the defenders. The players have been instructed time and time again to protect a lead. This team is not used to that, but Vlaverde is clueless. I feel that together with Manchester United, Barcelona has the worst manager of all the top teams.

wr8_utd

Come on now, Lenglet isn't half the player that Pique is. Pique was consistently great across the entire season then his level went down in the last couple of months. There was a period in the middle of the season where he was serving defensive masterclasses one after the other around the period when they won 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

Is he going to become the new punching bag with Suarez injured? He even played well today, bad approach on the penalty but that was very unlucky.
I've never been very fond of his and Alba's defensive abilities in recent years. Pique was on a long run of very poor form before he picked it up last year for a couple of months. Pique was a great player but I feel his time has come and he needs to be replaced. For someone of his experience, to do something as stupid as he did for the penalty is inexcusable. He regularly has concentration lapses or makes mistakes he should not be. Even two seasons ago, Umtiti was the better CB of the two.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Watching Sevilla-Celta and I couldn't help but be envious of both midfields.

Sevilla with Jordan and Banega (plus I like O.Torres), Celta with Lobotka and Beltran.

Also, did anyone catch Nolito giving Celta's RB Kevin the ol' Billy Gunn fame-asser?

wr8_utd

The usual "take the lead and then drop back to protect it" kind of tactics from the genius Valverde. This guy has a Paggani Zonda but drives it like my grandma. Absolutely out of his depth.

Pique had a slow start last season as well but when he regained form he was 2 levels above Lenglet. And Lenglet is decent but he is too damn soft for a CB. Even Mascherano was more solid on his feet and the guy was 1.5m in height. Today he was partially at fault for the first goal as well. 1on 1 with the Osasuna player and he fell on his butt like a sack of poatatoes.

Pique had a brainfart but all in all it isn't the fault of the defenders. The players have been instructed time and time again to protect a lead. This team is not used to that, but Vlaverde is clueless. I feel that together with Manchester United, Barcelona has the worst manager of all the top teams.
He did have a period of some months where he was very good but again, he just makes a lot of mistakes for me. I find Lenglet really good tbh and I feel he's got a far better tackle on him, ofcourse has more pace and does pretty well considering he gets absolutely no help in defense and has to constantly cover for Alba.

I agree about the protecting leads though. That's on Valverde and he rarely will try extend the lead in games like this. Despite the poor performance, still really should have won at the end with the Perez chance.

freeurmind

weak willed
Barca are owned by the fans. They will spend every dime the club has before they "do a United".

#00F

Supports
Barca
Too much overreaction. As if opponents are not allowed to play goodn football, or some bad luck at times. Not to forget entire frontline is injured. Barca/Madrid fanbase is weird; every loss/draw is considered end of the world. They will blame the manager even for global warming.
On other hand, I have no idea what has Dembele done in past 2 years to develope such loyalty from the fans. One of the major factors for our shocker in CL has been offensive dependency on Messi. And the blame should go to Suarez/Dembele. Somehow Demeble always get a pass from all Barca fans.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I didn't watch the whole game but I didn't understand De Jong's position, how exactly they and Busquets stand?. I liked Artur. He started more daring than last season, although today he played well ahead.
Although they have started bad away from home they are still very favorite for la liga so hopefully we take advantage of these days, winning tomorrow

wr8_utd

I didn't watch the whole game but I didn't understand De Jong's position, how exactly they and Busquets stand?. I liked Artur. He started more daring than last season, although today he played well ahead.
Although they have started bad away from home they are still very favorite for la liga so hopefully we take advantage of these days, winning tomorrow
Both games Valverde has started him playing a bit off the left wing. I have no clue what the man is trying to do

CosmoKramer

Supports
FC Barcelona
We have good players but we don't have a good coach. Saying we are going to do a United is wrong imo. We will still buy some of the most expensive players in the world, we will still produce decent talent in La Masia, not past generation good but decent. All will be in vain though, if we'll have someone like Valverde in charge. How he managed to escape sacking after a second consecutive humiliation is beyond comprehesion. And forget shiting the bed against teams like Liverpool, we often struggle to play good football against the likes of Huesca and Eibar. With all due respect to those teams, it's unnaceptable that we are getting dominated in midfield by them.

He did have a period of some months where he was very good but again, he just makes a lot of mistakes for me. I find Lenglet really good tbh and I feel he's got a far better tackle on him, ofcourse has more pace and does pretty well considering he gets absolutely no help in defense and has to constantly cover for Alba.

I agree about the protecting leads though. That's on Valverde and he rarely will try extend the lead in games like this. Despite the poor performance, still really should have won at the end with the Perez chance.
Pique is obviously on the decline, he can't do a whole good season but he is still our best CB. Lenglet is good but he's not going to win a game for you like the likes of Pique have done again and again over the years, even last year. He's good with the ball at his feet but 1 on 1 and positional play he's way below our standards.

Can't blame the likes of Perez, the lad is barely on his third match with us. Chances will get wasted even by the likes of Messi and Suarez. Anyway, the result is on Valverde 100%. When Pique conceded that penalty we were under pressure for some time and only Ter Stegen was saving our asses. It felt inevitable that Osasuna is going to score. Embarrassing attitude by the manager and the players after taking the lead. Instead of going for another 1 or 2 goals we have dropped back to defend. The same mistake that cost us in CL the last 2 years. Valverde seems to be unsackable unfortunately.

Edit: 1 win from our last 8 matches. Saying that results like todays and the one at Bilbao are freak accidents is delusional.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd be amazed if Barcelona win more than 9 away games in the league.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Both games Valverde has started him playing a bit off the left wing. I have no clue what the man is trying to do
I always assumed that De Jong was signed to replace Busquets so maybe we are in that intermediate moment