La Liga 2019/20

wr8_utd

:'(
What is Navas doing? He's through and he's trying to get Ramos sent off. So stupid.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Camera angles for La Liga games are really poor. Ball high in penalty area and camera just refuses to zoom in.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The main reason why Hazard is struggling by the looks of it is because La Liga refs aren't buying his dives like they did in PL for years. It's not easy to control the ball when you've mastered the art of getting foul out of any situation by just pushing your left leg ahead of you and making opposition player crash into you.

Chicharito with a typical goal but ruled out for offside. Booo
Aye, that was typical Chicharito goal :lol:

Terminator

Hazard will come good in a few months when he gets accustomed to the league. World class.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Must say, Sevilla are apex Lopetegui. Good pressing, good ball retention, zero attacking threat

We can't attack worth shite though

wr8_utd

Sevilla having sold Sarabia and Ben Yidder (sp?) look kind of toothless going forward. 5 goals in 5 games now and you feel they'll struggle to score goals.
Good win for Madrid but they too are struggling to attack well. Won't be surprised if they follow up this win by dropping points vs Osasuna.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I know Sevilla are still up there but I really wise Sampaoli would've hung around there for more than a year rather than go off to Argentina which has killed his managerial career.

Really enjoyed that Sevilla team he was building with Jovetic, Nasri and N'zonzi key parts of their attacking game. They actually beat Real Madrid in the home game with two very late goals IIRC.

This team is still solid but lacks plenty in final third. Did they really have to sell Ben Yedder?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Good victory.Not the most brilliant game but
but they sacrificed in defense and were more solid.

wr8_utd

It's sad how much Madrid and Barcelona have regressed. I know the league quality has gone up as well but from the days they'd go away and the question was not if they'd win but by how many and if you watch them away these days, both their attacks are pretty shoddy despite having so many big names in there.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's sad how much Madrid and Barcelona have regressed. I know the league quality has gone up as well but from the days they'd go away and the question was not if they'd win but by how many and if you watch them away these days, both their attacks are pretty shoddy despite having so many big names in there.
Says who?

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Well...Lopetegui was a clown for Spain, a clown for Madrid and now he is a clown for Sevilla. I somehow hoped that things would be different, but he'll never change. His attacking plan boils down to giving the ball to Ocampos, who has to try to dribble past 4 players or randomness. If he somehow manages to get some decent results, I'll probably get my hopes up again, but in the end of the day he is a terrible manager and nothing is going to change that. One can always lose to Madrid, even when they are shit, but the way it happened was just excruciating. I get more enjoyment out of watching Cholo's or Jose's teams than this stuff.
What are the odds, that de Jong won't score a single goal all season? Such a limited player. Dabbur, Lopez and Munir not even on the bench. I'd happily do a Vázquez-swap with Madrid.

Only a couple of games into the season, but this match killed any excitement or joy. Its going to be a long and very boring grind.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I know Sevilla are still up there but I really wise Sampaoli would've hung around there for more than a year rather than go off to Argentina which has killed his managerial career.

Really enjoyed that Sevilla team he was building with Jovetic, Nasri and N'zonzi key parts of their attacking game. They actually beat Real Madrid in the home game with two very late goals IIRC.

This team is still solid but lacks plenty in final third. Did they really have to sell Ben Yedder?
Yeah, I enjoyed that Sevilla team under Sampaoli, too!

De Jong has to be one of the worst CFs in the world. He's just rubbish.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well...Lopetegui was a clown for Spain, a clown for Madrid and now he is a clown for Sevilla. I somehow hoped that things would be different, but he'll never change. His attacking plan boils down to giving the ball to Ocampos, who has to try to dribble past 4 players or randomness. If he somehow manages to get some decent results, I'll probably get my hopes up again, but in the end of the day he is a terrible manager and nothing is going to change that. One can always lose to Madrid, even when they are shit, but the way it happened was just excruciating. I get more enjoyment out of watching Cholo's or Jose's teams than this stuff.
What are the odds, that de Jong won't score a single goal all season? Such a limited player. Dabbur, Lopez and Munir not even on the bench. I'd happily do a Vázquez-swap with Madrid.

Only a couple of games into the season, but this match killed any excitement or joy. Its going to be a long and very boring grind.
The worst thing is you will do well, because his possession and pressing means you'll have a great defence. Get used to your team being unwatchable but you'll finish top 4

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Both Basque giants will finish above Sevilla imo.

Bilbao is on amazing run of form since pretty much January and La Real have better quality in final third than Sevilla imo. Willian Jose was dropped last week, starts again today and scores twice. Isak scored his first after coming on as sub. Then you add Oyarazabal who generally gets in double figures in the league and then Portu and midfielders can also chip in with goals.

Add the experience of Nacho Monreal at the back and seems their squad building has really gone under the radar.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just noticed round 6 of matches starts tonight. With games spread over the week.

That seems odd, don't recall games being spread like that before. Probably watch Barcelona, isn't it a bit strange to have an awards ceremony the night before a match?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barca will still probably win 16/17 of their home games this season. It's certainly away form that could cost them the league.