La Liga 2019/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Real Madrid losing at home to Celta.

Early days but seems like Madrid and Barca are opposites of each other. Barca imperious at home but very vulnerable away whereas Madrid drop a fair few points at the Bernabeu last 18 months.

Combine the two and you have another 100 point team to rival the ones from a decade ago.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Looks ominous honestly. One of those nights :(

Hazard looks good though, Celta defended really well but we look so much more threatening with him, just missing the final pass so far

Two massive brainfarts at the back, they scored on the first and Courtois had to pull off a miracle on the second. Those were celta's only two real attacks! :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And in the end we finally break through. Great goal

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Huge mistake by Ruben. Why does he do that?
If he doesn't come out Hazard can control the ball and he's 3 feet from the goal. Sure he's on the goal line, but still free behind the defence 3 feet from the goal...

I'm not sure it was a penalty though. Depends if the ball was still on the pitch...

Celta been unlucky with injuries it must be said. They were defending really well

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Take Bale out and never play him again. What the feck

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Worrying performance, especially at the back

Deserved point for Celta, they were really good

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Relegation battle really hotting up now. Likes of Celta and Espanyol regularly getting points on the board. Eibar, Alaves and Valladolid being dragged into things now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hazard in the team, coincidence...?
We were winning with Hazard on the pitch. Our best player tonight

We were just all over the place in midfield and at the back, too aggressive and far too focused on the ball instead of the man. Looked completely disjointed

In attack, well, celta defended really well in their box and we spotted them a man by playing Bale...

Cait Sith

It was obvious that appointing Setien was the Moyes moment for Barca but I didn't envisage it to come to fruition so quickly. Grinding a win by timewasting against Getafe in Camp Nou with ter Stegen triple save rescuing the day. New low for Barca. Was pretty much the gala XI as well.

I know people who were so adamant that Valverde was holding Barca back have to double down now but it's silly to act like Barca is playing enjoyable now and the "resultistas" can't see it. Literally got booed yesterday for those backpasses and timewasting. A few months ago under Valverde the team was scoring 4 or 5 against the likes of Valencia, Sevilla, Celta at Camp Nou.

As I said at the day of Setien's appointment, only was is down from here.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
It was obvious that appointing Setien was the Moyes moment for Barca but I didn't envisage it to come to fruition so quickly. Grinding a win by timewasting against Getafe in Camp Nou with ter Stegen triple save rescuing the day. New low for Barca. Was pretty much the gala XI as well.

I know people who were so adamant that Valverde was holding Barca back have to double down now but it's silly to act like Barca is playing enjoyable now and the "resultistas" can't see it. Literally got booed yesterday for those backpasses and timewasting. A few months ago under Valverde the team was scoring 4 or 5 against the likes of Valencia, Sevilla, Celta at Camp Nou.

Except Moyes replaced probably the best coach of all time, while Valverde's true level hovers somewhere around Espanyol/Olympiakos (no disrespect meant to those clubs).

SharpshooterTom

Next few weeks will determine where Real Madrid's season is going, think they'll get knocked out by City and if they were to follow it up with a defeat to Barca it could all come crashing down.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Getafe are third in the league, one of the best defenses in the league.

We have far more shots than we did under Valverde despite a much thinner squad

You’d have to be blind to think Valverde’s football was better than this. We are far more watchable under Setien than we were under Valverde. Yes, the back passes can be annoying but it’s better than the crap Valverde had us doing. We actually aren’t allergic to shooting now. Setien is 100% heading in the right direction. Doesn’t mean he’ll be a long term solution but firing Valverde was the right move. Always has been.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Barça want now Leganés striker Martin Braithwaite. His agent is in Barcelona. 20 m euros clause.
Leganés don´t know anything yet

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
My god Barca are desperate if they sign him. 8 goals in 36 games for Boro and that was all at championship level.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Barça considered buying a versatile
forward instead of a pure 'no.9'.
Catalan giants contacted Guedes, Lemar, Morales and Nolito. But their respective clubs were unwilling to do any business. [Diario Sport]

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Guedes would be a good pick up, has his progress stalled that badly at Valencia? He was doing well there and then got a bad injury last season.

Wouldn't shock me if they actually ended up after all this with Kevin Gamiero.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Guedes would be a good pick up, has his progress stalled that badly at Valencia? He was doing well there and then got a bad injury last season.

Wouldn't shock me if they actually ended up after all this with Kevin Gamiero.
He had a god-like run in 17/18 for about 10 games. He wasn't great afterwards. The injuries make things worse. He is nowhere near good enough to play for Barca on the left wing. I don't think that this is his best position. He is probably better, when playing closer to the forward, but Barca don't need another winger/second striker, that prefers to play more centrally.

Most of the names, that are floating around seem to be totally pointless. Currently Braithwaite seem to be the target (might change in a few hours...). That would be a ridiculous transfer for 20m€. I have no idea what their management is thinking.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Braithwaite signed(not official, only according to MD). Tomorrow Barça will pay the 18m€ clause

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Eibar at home 3 days before going away to Napoli in Europe would be the ideal game to rest some players I'd have thought. Weird decision

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Handkerchiefs asking for Bartomeu´s resignation