La liga 2021/22

United in sin

Real are shattered. Completely and utterly shattered! Ancelloti needs another PSG comeback like halftime prep talk

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Folks, this is not the CL final… Madrid may even lose 0-5 tonight and then stroll to win the title, panolada or not.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
This game just highlights even more the importance of Benzema. They look so so bad without him
What it also highlights even more is, despite a good 30 minutes against PSG, our midfield is old and finished, not to mention we need a new RB.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid are completely lost without Benzema when they have the ball in the opponent's half. It's almost like they're playing a man down, no one is taking up the few dangerous positions Barcelona's been offering them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Right? :lol:

Their banter era lasted just a couple of months ffs.
Thats how big clubs are supposed to act. Sort their shit out and not romanticize everything. They took the L at the right time and moved on. Unlike some clubs that keep hoping for miracles to happen.

Verward

Chelsea would eat this aging RM side for breakfast in CL games.
Xavi has done a great job, tbh thought he'd be barca's Ole but they are playing great. They'll finally have Europa league in their trophy cabinet this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This could potentially be good for us though, first for this season if Ancelotti stops being a mule and makes the necessary adjustments this team needs - Lucas over Carvajal to start with, and more Camavinga - and for next if this game convinces Flo that A) we need a CB, a RWB and a midfielder more than we need Haaland and B) Ancelotti should not be our manager next season

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid are completely lost without Benzema when they have the ball in the opponent's half. It's almost like they're playing a man down, no one is taking up the few dangerous positions Barcelona's been offering them.
We are completely lost in general against opposition above a certain level, you will see that against Chelsea, even with Benzema back.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Xavi has done a great job, tbh thought he'd be barca's Ole but they are playing great. They'll finally have Europa league in their trophy cabinet this season.
Dream on there’s only one Ole and we are the chosen ones to have had him bestowed upon us as a manager.

wr8_utd

:'(
They've still been dodgy at home in Europe this year so there's still a chance they won't the Europa.

NoLogo

A rare combo of being two footed and very fast. It's a nightmare for a defender
True that makes him completely unpredictable because you never know if he will cut inside or just go wide and put in a cross like for the 1-0. If he wasn't likely to ask for mad wages I would say give it a shot, after all on the right is where we desperately need attacking quality.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
This could potentially be good for us though, first for this season if Ancelotti stops being a mule and makes the necessary adjustments this team needs - Lucas over Carvajal to start with, and more Camavinga - and for next if this game convinces Flo that A) we need a CB, a RWB and a midfielder more than we need Haaland and B) Ancelotti should not be our manager next season
Then again, we do need a new striker also, Benzema isn't getting any younger, and to the extent he has injury problems, they will not get better at this age.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
On the occasion, their incomparable experience at that level and beyond would make it a bit harder for any oppo.

Teja

No please, we need RM to have Haaland. I might just stop watching the PL if City get Haaland.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What it also highlights even more is, despite a good 30 minutes against PSG, our midfield is old and finished, not to mention we need a new RB.
For sure, all the more reason to consider Benzema even more. Real Madrid will need much more than Mbapp in terms of investment this summer.

wr8_utd

:'(
True that makes him completely unpredictable because you never know if he will cut inside or just go wide and put in a cross like for the 1-0. If he wasn't likely to ask for mad wages I would say give it a shot, after all on the right is where we desperately need attacking quality.
He's been great for the past two months when his heads been in it and he's stayed fit and you think he's playing for a contract. Once he does get a new deal or move to a new club, he won't be this motivated or fit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They are not coached to do it. Also doesn't help Ancelotti decided to try the Modric/Valverde combo of false 9s.....

As for the midfield, yep, it's slow(aside from Fede), which is why it needs Camavinga for games like this, but the biggest problem is that our pressing is so shambolic a blind 5 year old could figure out how to exploit it.

And then there's the weakness of the WBS, which is dragging everything down

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Camavinga and Mariano warming up.

Ancelotti better changes something soon.

NoLogo

I have to admit I don't get what Ancelotti was trying to accomplish here, his 424 without a real striker seems to struggle the same way we struggled against Liverpool playing a 424, massive gaps between the front 4 and the rest of the midfield through which Barca can just easily play through. Does Real really have no one that is capable of playing the Benzema role if he is not available? I mean doesn't have to be 1 to 1 replacement but at least this way they could stick to their system.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think playing like this without Benzema is quite likely to convince him of the opposite.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I have to admit I don't get what Ancelotti was trying to accomplish here, his 424 without a real striker seems to struggle the same way we struggled against Liverpool playing a 424, massive gaps between the front 4 and the rest of the midfield through which Barca can just easily play through. Does Real really have no one that is capable of playing the Benzema role if he is not available? I mean doesn't have to be 1 to 1 replacement but at least this way they could stick to their system.
Carlo has zero trust in another player playing up front

NoLogo

He's been great for the past two months when his heads been in it and he's stayed fit and you think he's playing for a contract. Once he does get a new deal or move to a new club, he won't be this motivated or fit.
Yeah that is what I'm afraid of and why I in no way want us to be stupid enough to offer this guy like 400k pw or something insane like that.

Charlie Foley

So apart from Benzema, they don't have any other capable player of leading the line ?
It is odd. You would think just having a natural striker in there, even a bad one from the reserves, to give the rest of the team some shape, would be more helpful than this directionless rubbish. They have no shape in attack or defence

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are completely lost in general against opposition above a certain level, you will see that against Chelsea, even with Benzema back.
Depends. Even with this shambles, this would be a very different game with Mendy and Benzema
Then again, we do need a new striker also, Benzema isn't getting any younger, and to the extent he has injury problems, they will not get better at this age.
True, but he's still doing it and there's no reason to waste year 1 of Mbappé. We really don't *need* Haaland, there other strikers out there we can get in the next years

Although a backup for Benzema is needed, someone the manager will trust

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's because the pressing is a complete shambles. Half the players do it the other half don't. A blind 5 year old could beat that. At the back the problem is carvajal and nacho basically give us zero security, we're so worried about them we're leaving holes for others just to pre-help them...

Camavinga and Mariano on, think he took out Kroos and Carvajal

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Mariano and Camavinga ON

Kroos and Carvajal OFF

Valverde to play RWB? I would say yes.

NoLogo

It's because the pressing is a complete shambles. Half the players do it the other half don't. A blind 5 year old could beat that. At the back the problem is carvajal and nacho basically give us zero security, we're so worried about them we're leaving holes for others just to pre-help them...

Camavinga and Mariano on, think he took out Kroos and Carvajal
Yeah you could really see how Modreic was pissed off when he closed Garcia down just to be passed past, turning around and seeing no one had bothered to push up and close down the easy midfield pass.