La liga 2021/22

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Doesn't say a lot for the league that Barca looked like a pub team for half the season and are still probably coming second anyway.

Paul_Scholes18

Doesn't say a lot for the league that Barca looked like a pub team for half the season and are still probably coming second anyway.
Barca have a world class squad still. 3 teams still in CL.

If we played Barca right now they would beat us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Barca have a world class squad still. 3 teams still in CL.

If we played Barca right now they would beat us.
Of course they would, they've looked very good again lately and we've been shite.

It's just that they went half a season playing like the foreign branch of Stoke City, knocking long balls in the general direction of Luuk de Jong and fecking Pique up front - and there's so little depth of quality in the rest of the league that they can still make up the ground after that farce with ease.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's been quite a season. Atleti have scored as many goals as Barcelona and Barcelona have conceded lesser goals than Atleti.

Cloud7

A good manager and some youth players promoted and look what a difference it can make

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Of course they would, they've looked very good again lately and we've been shite.

It's just that they went half a season playing like the foreign branch of Stoke City, knocking long balls in the general direction of Luuk de Jong and fecking Pique up front - and there's so little depth of quality in the rest of the league that they can still make up the ground after that farce with ease.
Atlético and Villareal are in Quarter final in the UCL.

La Liga still have quality

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A good manager and some youth players promoted and look what a difference it can make
Also getting players back from injury. No Pedri, no Dembele, no strikers. Now they have Auba and Ferran.

Don't think it's much of a coincidence they started getting good once Pedri got fit...

They will win every game to end the season on 84 points. Which means we need 16 from 24 to win the league. I'm genuinely not so confident of that anymore...

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Believe this Barca side is amazing to follow. Great signings, with the combo of tremendously talented youth players, and on top of that they have few experienced players- and above it all they have a manager who has re-installed the joy and the discipline in that squad. I was expecting a 5-0 win to barca yesterday, but I am content that Bono saved us from utter embarressment.

Speaking of which, can't wait for Lopetegui to go. Cannot stand this version of Sevilla; it has been unbearable for over a year now.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Very frustrating that every time Sevilla look like challenging for the title they tend to fade kind of late. Beautiful city too.

And huge credit to Barca, the Koeman crap felt like a lifetime ago now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Believe this Barca side is amazing to follow. Great signings, with the combo of tremendously talented youth players, and on top of that they have few experienced players- and above it all they have a manager who has re-installed the joy and the discipline in that squad. I was expecting a 5-0 win to barca yesterday, but I am content that Bono saved us from utter embarressment.

Speaking of which, can't wait for Lopetegui to go. Cannot stand this version of Sevilla; it has been unbearable for over a year now.
Indeed. Sevilla shouldn’t be playing this style of football.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

What? I thought Lopetegui was popular at the club, and overachieving a fair bit in the league? Whats your problem with him?

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Low-pace possession based football without any chances created is not my taste. So far we have been carried by occasional individual performances or on pure inspiration (vs betis). We looked like contenders in autumn because all the other teams outperformed us in being poorly, not because we played that well.

If you ask Biris then they appreciate how Lopetegui has been passionate and how he has handled the derbies, but overall the confidence about him is getting very low. The Champions League was a fiasco, the manner of how Sevilla went out of EL was not worthy, and we are about lose a CL spot that was firmly in our hands. He is under pressure.

The city is amazing, no doubt about that :drool:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Espanyol have been on a downward spiral since moving Darder further forwards to accommodate Bare and Herrera.

It's nonsense. Darder is a De Jong, Arthur, Verratti esque press resistant DLP. The teams general play is on another level when he's dictating games from back there, and carrying the ball through opposition pressure. Get him back there, Moreno.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I feel much better about our games them now than I was when the draw was made. If this doesn't serve as a lesson for Ancelotti, then yikes. It would be almost suicide, I think, to start KCM against us.
Madrid have looked good in the CL match, but lots of time left

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He’s resting Kroos and Modric. You can afford to drop points, all though you’ll still win.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wasn’t Alena meant to be the next big thing for Barca what happened there?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Bale started to warm up and some applauses were heard. The srtart of reconciliation today maybe? We'll see

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Bale started to warm up and some applauses were heard. The srtart of reconciliation today maybe? We'll see
Great to hear :)
Hopefully he can leave with a good ending to his time at Madrid and on good terms with the fans.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
2-0 Lucas Vazquez, very good pass from Rodrygo.

Now Ancelotti can make the subs and be more relaxed about it.

Pintu

He’s resting Kroos and Modric. You can afford to drop points, all though you’ll still win.
Or he trusts Camavinga & Valverde to start together for a home game vs Getafe but doesn't feel the same for a CL quarter-final vs Chelsea. This doesn't sound insane given the experience and lack of it for the respective duos.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
13 points to go. Osasuna away, Cadiz away, Levante at home, Espanyol at home, Betis at home, Sevilla away next week without Casemiro, Atleti away

Not gonna lie, i'm a bit scared we might actually end up losing this league

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
one thing is the fan in general and another thing the socios. In the Champions they release tickets and the public is softer, let's see if he has a chance against Chelsea
Yes, that's true.

I also think socios who are generally older are more contaminated by traditional media which started -and continued- the anti Bale campaign. Younger fans tend to attend Champions League games and I don't see them falling into this kind of toxic behavior so easily.

Hopefully it's not just wishful thinking from our side.