La liga 2021/22

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I'd be careful judging coaches by the way they talk, several who has said all the right things but couldn't implement it in practice, then there were others who could.

Not passing any judgement, just advicing to not get your hopes up too much.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What i want and think we need is a manager like Mourinho, someone with the charisma to get Flo to stay the feck out of football decisions. Ideally one who'd also impose a good sporting director, like Campos or Alemany. Or just throw money at liverpool's analytics department and poach in its entirety :lol: :drool: :drool:
Unfortunately there is no new Mourinho. Because in addition to achieving independence, he worked very closely with the president.
-Pochettino would be a slave and I think that this last tie in the Champions League has discredited him a lot. Not so much because of the defeat but because of the fact that he was unable to change the stars when the game began to go wrong.
-Klopp has too much personality, he doesn't speak Spanish and has never shown any sympathy or closeness for Madrid
-I like Tuchel for the mere fact that he has repeatedly beaten us, but how did the relationship with Mbappé end?
-Naggelsman, it's not his time yet
-Conte, If Conte could adapt and manage to win over the president, I would like to.
Sometimes I miss some firm hand. The club is too lax. Carvajal has been a great LB but his renewal after so many injuries is not understandable, Odriozola, Nacho as the third CB, Mariano, renewing Modric (clarifying that I love Lukita but that renewal/lack of top substitute would be unacceptable with a firm board), Lucas earning 6 net...That's why I would like someone who demanded a clean.
-Xabi is in the promising coach category but he has the shield of being a Mourinhista, style, respect. The issue is to what extent is he capable of demanding it, or at least demanding it from Hazard, Jovic, Ceballos, Rodrygo... with the forcefulness that Mourinho would do.
-Mancini seems to me to be a calm option, Italian who always gives respect to the Bernabéu and with curriculum.
I see him as a Carletto with energy. I don't dislike him.
My list would be:
1)Xabi Alonso(Arbeloa 2d)
2)Mourinho(Xabi 2d). Mou, Mbappé, Vini's role, Haaland?, players underperforming, a sports director, war against Xavi... it sounds incredibly fun
3) Carletto next season/Mancini

Yagami

Good post resistant
My boy Darder becoming one of the best midfielders in the league. So good. So bueno.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tuchel si o si if he leaves Chelsea

Otherwise my choice would be the ajax guy. He's bald, so that means he'll be a success

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
What I want for Madrid is someone adapted to modern football but who knows where he is coming , that is, who is willing to listen to "recommendations", or more elegantly, who works in coordination with the board, but with clear ideas.
Ancelotti is good-natured, much loved by the fans, with a character suitable for the locker room but without ideas.
The typical coach who makes the changes that are shouted at him from the stands, more out of fear of losing his position than out of conviction.
First he corrected himself with Valverde, lately Camavinga and perhaps in a couple of weeks he will decide to call someone from Castilla.
That is why I would automatically rule out coaches with a lot of character and personality and with too many tactical ideas (if I were a fan of Valencia, Sevilla, etc, surely yes).
What you say about the counterattack... I think that rather what Madrid is looking for is an intense, physical and vertical game, without necessarily being a counterattack and I think that those players could adapt.
I think that Valverde in particular has the conditions to delay his position and not Stereotype himself into a player who only runs .
About Xabi, here he talks about high pressure (you are Spanish?), which seems like it would also be a pillar in his style
Yes, the first thing I thought of is a type of football like Klopp's. Pressing high block and quick attacks, that would be ideal.

I put the counterattacks because Mbappe I don't see a player with a work ethic and pressing for this type of football. Also with spaces ahead he take advantage of it much more.

Still, if a player doesn't press hard I don't think he would unbalance the team too much either.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
It is strange how huge club like Real Madrid seems to have disdain for modern trends in football. I guess it stems from how Florentino sees football, perhaps he doesn't understand 'hipster' coaches well enough.

Ancelotti hasn't done a bad job overall, but the longer he stays, I think it will become more obvious that his ideas are outdated.

Apart from short attempt with Lopetegui, who himself isn't quite capable of building offensive style in modern sense, Real have insisted on having reactive coaches, content to cede possession and not play on front foot.

Even Zidane, despite his incredible success, never actually built a side that you know would play you off the pitch. It simply isn't Real's thing, yet.

My opinion is that, sooner rather than later, Real will have to adapt and will start hiring exclusively proactive coaches, much like pretty much every big club around.

Ever since Laporta first took over Barcelona, which I consider big landmark in Barcelona's history, Real Madrid have won five la Ligas, while Barcelona have won ten times, and look set for another period of domination in coming years, although it may be too early to tell.

Now Barcelona haven't had themselves top level coaches all the time in that period, but apart from Messi, what has also helped them is that deeply ingrained football philosophy that Real Madrid seems to never have thought too fondly of in recent years.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
It is strange how huge club like Real Madrid seems to have disdain for modern trends in football. I guess it stems from how Florentino sees football, perhaps he doesn't understand 'hipster' coaches well enough.

Ancelotti hasn't done a bad job overall, but the longer he stays, I think it will become more obvious that his ideas are outdated.

Apart from short attempt with Lopetegui, who himself isn't quite capable of building offensive style in modern sense, Real have insisted on having reactive coaches, content to cede possession and not play on front foot.

Even Zidane, despite his incredible success, never actually built a side that you know would play you off the pitch. It simply isn't Real's thing, yet.

My opinion is that, sooner rather than later, Real will have to adapt and will start hiring exclusively proactive coaches, much like pretty much every big club around.

Ever since Laporta first took over Barcelona, which I consider big landmark in Barcelona's history, Real Madrid have won five la Ligas, while Barcelona have won ten times, and look set for another period of domination in coming years, although it may be too early to tell.

Now Barcelona haven't had themselves top level coaches all the time in that period, but apart from Messi, what has also helped them is that deeply ingrained football philosophy that Real Madrid seems to never have thought too fondly of in recent years.
Barcelona utter domination of La Liga is 90% down to Messi, the GOAT, even when Barca was underwhelming Messi scored a golazo from a free kick or dribbled past 3-4 players to shoot from outside.
That's how they won their last Ligas with Valverde.

Neither Ferran or Aubameyang are 20% the player Messi was.

Don't worry, as much as Barca will grow with Xavi, Barca days of utter domination in La Liga are over, because Messi is gone.
Eventually they are gonna win the league, but nothing close to the utter domination under Messi, and Real for sure will also win the league.

People seem to underestimate the fact that Barca just lost a player that was compared with Maradona and Pele, and has 7 Balloon D'or, more than any player in the history of Football.
There is no system that can replace that, no matter how good is Xavi as a manager.

Last edited:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
With all due respect, if every club goes moneyball and hires the coach of the month/year, where is the differential factor?

Maybe Florentino knows way more about football than you think.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona utter domination of La Liga is 90% down to Messi, the GOAT, even when Barca was underwhelming Messi scored a golazo from a free kick or dribbled past 3-4 players to shoot from outside.
That's how they won their last Ligas with Valverde.

Neither Ferran or Aubameyang are 20% the player Messi was.

Don't worry, as much as Barca will grow with Xavi, Barca days of utter domination in La Liga are over, because Messi is gone.
Eventually they are gonna win the league, but nothing close to the utter domination under Messi, and Real for sure will also win the league.

People seem to underestimate the fact that Barca just lost a player that was compared with Maradona and Pele, and has 7 Balloon D'or, more than any player in the history of Football.
There is no system that can replace that, no matter how good is Xavi as a manager.
A good system is better than a great player. That's why both Liverpool and Bayern humillated Barcelona despite them having Messi while Liverpool and Bayern didn't have a Messi.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
With all due respect, if every club goes moneyball and hires the coach of the month/year, where is the differential factor?

Maybe Florentino knows way more about football than you think.
I surely don't know as much about technicalities as he does, nor am I implying that I do. What I can see on the other hand is what works, and what doesn't. And despite all prior success, a time comes when something simply stops working. Should Ancelotti stay in charge next season, I'm pretty sure Barcelona is going to be better than Real Madrid.

And take a look at Manchester United for example. Certain thing worked to an incredible extent under sir Alex Ferguson, but afterwards, attempts to replicate it have destabilized club so much that it's position in top four is seriously under jeopardy not only short term, but midterm too if next managerial appointment is wrong.

On your first point, I do agree with you, however football is success based and in the end, everyone is gunning for titles, especially big clubs. There is more and more evidence that certain playing styles bring more success than others. Maybe a cycle comes again with reinvention of old principles when, roughly said, defending becomes more important than attacking philosophy, but right now it isn't.

@Wolf1992, you may be right of course. But Real has also had one of the best players ever for most of the time Barcelona had Messi. The only player actually comparable to him. And still, Barcelona dwarfed them in titles winning three times as many in that period (6 vs 2). You see, even now their rebuild is based on same footballing philosophy that they adhered to earlier.

I'm not discounting Messi factor, I consider him slightly above Ronaldo, but I also don't think his footballing brilliance should be used to dismiss all other factors. After all, he is the product of that same system. I do think that he would have dominated in the same fashion even if he played elsewhere, but only evidence we have so far, Argentina national team, and PSG, is that as much as he is brilliant, it was also system that made the best use of him. Or better yet, football philosophy that lies in foundations of Barcelona. Yes, Martinez, Valverde, Koeman and certain others have been terrible appointments, but even with them, Barcelona have always had at least a minimum of expectations of how football should be played.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
A good system is better than a great player. That's why both Liverpool and Bayern humillated Barcelona despite them having Messi while Liverpool and Bayern didn't have a Messi.
Barcelona trashed Liverpool at Nou Camp, at Anfield before Liverpool scored, Suárez missed a couple of sitters, and let's not forget Dembele missing the 4-0.
Liverpool didn't trash Barcelona over 180 minutes, Barcelona shocked after Liverpool scored the 2 goal at Anfield.

Bayern did trash Barcelona, Liverpool certainly DID NOT.

Even Liverpool fans accepted how lucky they were thar Dembele missed the 4-0 at Nou Camp, while Liverpool were shit in the 1st leg, including VVD.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I surely don't know as much about technicalities as he does, nor am I implying that I do. What I can see on the other hand is what works, and what doesn't. And despite all prior success, a time comes when something simply stops working. Should Ancelotti stay in charge next season, I'm pretty sure Barcelona is going to be better than Real Madrid.

And take a look at Manchester United for example. Certain thing worked to an incredible extent under sir Alex Ferguson, but afterwards, attempts to replicate it have destabilized club so much that it's position in top four is seriously under jeopardy not only short term, but midterm too if next managerial appointment is wrong.

On your first point, I do agree with you, however football is success based and in the end, everyone is gunning for titles, especially big clubs. There is more and more evidence that certain playing styles bring more success than others. Maybe a cycle comes again with reinvention of old principles when, roughly said, defending becomes more important than attacking philosophy, but right now it isn't.

@Wolf1992, you may be right of course. But Real has also had one of the best players ever for most of the time Barcelona had Messi. The only player actually comparable to him. And still, Barcelona dwarfed them in titles winning three times as many in that period (6 vs 2). You see, even now their rebuild is based on same footballing philosophy that they adhered to earlier.

I'm not discounting Messi factor, I consider him slightly above Ronaldo, but I also don't think his footballing brilliance should be used to dismiss all other factors. After all, he is the product of that same system. I do think that he would have dominated in the same fashion even if he played elsewhere, but only evidence we have so far, Argentina national team, and PSG, is that as much as he is brilliant, it was also system that made the best use of him. Or better yet, football philosophy that lies in foundations of Barcelona. Yes, Martinez, Valverde, Koeman and certain others have been terrible appointments, but even with them, Barcelona have always had at least a minimum of expectations of how football should be played.
No one in current Barcelona is gonna put the insane numbers that Messi had...nobody.

Mentioning Messi brilliance isn't dismissing other factors, it's just that when you have a 7th Balloon D'or winner in your squad, we are talking about another level brilliance.

Let's see how far Barca goes the next season.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona trashed Liverpool at Nou Camp, at Anfield before Liverpool scored, Suárez missed a couple of sitters, and let's not forget Dembele missing the 4-0.
Liverpool didn't trash Barcelona over 180 minutes, Barcelona shocked after Liverpool scored the 2 goal at Anfield.

Bayern did trash Barcelona, Liverpool certainly DID NOT.

Even Liverpool fans accepted how lucky they were thar Dembele missed the 4-0 at Nou Camp, while Liverpool were shit in the 1st leg, including VVD.
Losing after having a 3 0 advantage for me felt way more humillating than simply Losing 4 0 at Anfield.
But those great players that Liverpool didn't have, like Messi and Suárez were also there and still we lost that way.
We even lost a year before to Roma. A team with far worse players than Liverpool. IMO the system is really important. I would rather have a well balanced squad with a good system than Messi.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I surely don't know as much about technicalities as he does, nor am I implying that I do.
I'm not comparing your knowledge to his knowledge, just stating that he probably knows way more about football than people give him credit for and that pursuing the ideas clubs like Liverpool are implementing are probably non-compatible with the model he has in mind. Model which may be way more coherent given the characteristics of the club.

What I can see on the other hand is what works, and what doesn't. And despite all prior success, a time comes when something simply stops working.
You are taking as reference a relatively short period consisting of an ending cycle, with Florentino making a very tiny investment compared to rest of European clubs. It is ok to identify trends but such categorical analysis definitely require more time.

Should Ancelotti stay in charge next season, I'm pretty sure Barcelona is going to be better than Real Madrid.
I don't particularly like Ancelotti so I'm not going to debate much further here, but if big changes are coming I would like to see what the squad is going to look like to see if I agree with you on this one.

OneWhoKnocks

Barca getting Rapinha would be good business. Amazing what a complete 180 it has been since Barto.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca getting Rapinha would be good business. Amazing what a complete 180 it has been since Barto.
Their situation was pretty bad just a season ago but to be fair a lot of people were overreacting, specially when it came to losing Messi. They haven't won anything yet but the atmosphere isn't as gloomy and Rapinha does seem like pretty good business for them.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
We have gotten all of our greatest achievements playing the Cruiff style. As long as we have a coach that understands the idea and is supported by the board we will be ok.
That's United's problem. Not having a football principle and therefore playing different style with every different coach.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema's link up play and ball control are pure life

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
2 penalty’s needed to win the game.

They need to start trusting BALE

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
We won in the end, Courtois man of the match....

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
2 penalty’s needed to win the game.

They need to start trusting BALE
Bale doesn't matter, he is not part of the present or the future.

Ancelotti has to start trusting other players though, Valverde, Camavinga, and perhaps an academy player or two.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You can laugh all you want but Asensio ain’t pulling up trees and it looks like they got lucky today.
They are twelve points ahead and won again. They don't need the part time footballer and for some reason, Spurs God.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Bale doesn't matter, he is not part of the present or the future.

Ancelotti has to start trusting other players though, Valverde, Camavinga, and perhaps an academy player or two.
To be honest, the team is playing so badly that I am tempted to turn off all screens until the begining of next season.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I don't know if Celta played well on their own merits or because Madrid is physically melted.
Modric, Kross, Casemiro and Vinicius are very tired.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know if Celta played well on their own merits or because Madrid is physically melted.
Modric, Kross, Casemiro and Vinicius are very tired.
Some of the RM players just aren't that good anymore. Kroos missed the first month and a half of the season, is not playing for his national team, and has been subbed or out of the squad for games in the last two months.He can't be that tired.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seen highlights of the game. Damn that third penalty was a joke :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This one? Why?

Because it is. Mendy's the one smashing his foot into the defender in the first place, and even with that there is so little contact anyways

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I imagine it's very difficult but I wouldn't mind trying to tempt Araujo with a good contract.