La liga 2021/22

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Betis won. So happy for Betis. Sevillia the city rivals has seen so much succes. Betis taste trophy finally.

They were the better team in the final as well.

Congrats to Betis fans.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Pellegrini is a very underrated coach, not only for the cup win but also for how well Betis has been playing for the last couple of years. This season they were third for like half of La Liga with a squad that's not even top 7 IMO

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Do we just win the title if Barcelona lose this game?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona gets 9 in the other game, then 10, and now 11 minutes? :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They could give 90 minutes of extra time in La Liga and it would still not make up for all the fecking time wasting. Such an annoying league to watch.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
They could give 90 minutes of extra time in La Liga and it would still not make up for all the fecking time wasting. Such an annoying league to watch.
Sure, if they were consistent about the time wasting and extra minutes, but the are not.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's well deserved given the sheet amount of shithousery by opponents. Refs don't take it lightly anymore in Liga. Atleti had 10 mins vs Español.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It's well deserved given the sheet amount of shithousery by opponents. Refs don't take it lightly anymore in Liga. Atleti had 10 mins vs Español.
I know Atletico had one, but i'm not seeing any kind of consistency here yet, but i hope they do establish a trend here.

wr8_utd

I know Atletico had one, but i'm not seeing any kind of consistency here yet, but i hope they do establish a trend here.
Sociedad had 10 odd minutes midweek when Barca were defending their lead. It feels like referees in Liga don't take time wasting that lightly nowadays. Atleti had 99th and 100th minutes winners in a couple of games too.

wr8_utd

The international break and the Pedri injury has completely ended Barcas momentum. They're lucky Top 4 is as good as assured at this point.

Idxomer

That has always been one of my wishes. If a team is gonna keep wasting time, the ref should just give 15 minutes of stoppage time and see how they're gonna like that.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Sociedad had 10 odd minutes midweek when Barca were defending their lead. It feels like referees in Liga don't take time wasting that lightly nowadays. Atleti had 99th and 100th minutes winners in a couple of games too.
In fairness, Barca has deserved the extra time here, considering what Rayo has been doing in the 2nd half, i'm just not used to seeing this amount of time added on, but i guess it has been that way in more games than i realize now.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Barca plays like shit. Ferran seems like a total flop.

wr8_utd

Third consecutive home defeat for Barca. And they've not played two relegation teams in this run.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Commentators mentioned something about Rayo not getting a win at the Camp Nou in many years, 2003 or something?

wr8_utd

That has always been one of my wishes. If a team is gonna keep wasting time, the ref should just give 15 minutes of stoppage time and see how they're gonna like that.
Yep I love that refs have had enough of this nonsense. He clearly told Rayo even in injury time that he's adding two extra minutes after they wasted yet more time. I hope we start seeing this happen across leagues now.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
This feels like Barca's Moyes year with all sorts of records falling :lol:
The weirdest thing is i kinda expected some bad results away from home, but the one place they almost never lost was Camp Nou, even if in mediocre form.

There is no aura surrounding the Camp Nou these days.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The international break and the Pedri injury has completely ended Barcas momentum. They're lucky Top 4 is as good as assured at this point.
It's not, they're playing Betis in the remaining games. If they loose this one, it's going to be a very different story.

wr8_utd

It's not, they're playing Betis in the remaining games. If they loose this one, it's going to be a very different story.
Betis messed up their chance with the midweek loss to Elche. They're 6 behind and have to face Barca at home and both Valencia and Madrid away. Neither of Barca, Sevilla or Atleti are losing their Top 4 spots and they're all playing like they know it.

The weirdest thing is i kinda expected some bad results away from home, but the one place they almost never lost was Camp Nou, even if in mediocre form.

There is no aura surrounding the Camp Nou these days.
Barca have been strangely poor at home this year both in the League and especially in Europe. They've been pretty decent away and have been winning games even in their current poor form. Xavi will need to figure out how to do better in home games where teams just come to defend for 90 mins like Cadiz and Rayo did. Pedri realy is a huge loss for them though. He just adds that dimension which Gavi just doesn't have.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Betis messed up their chance with the midweek loss to Elche. They're 6 behind and have to face Barca at home and both Valencia and Madrid away. Neither of Barca, Sevilla or Atleti are losing their Top 4 spots and they're all playing like they know it.
Barcelona can loose to anyone at this point. I'm not saying the odds aren't in their favor, but it's not a done deal.

wr8_utd

Barcelona can loose to anyone at this point. I'm not saying the odds aren't in their favor, but it's not a done deal.
I agree Barca are really poor but I don't see Betis beating any of the teams above them given their run of games. It's just too big a point at this stage imo.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Betis will have the h2h though, if they win the game vs Barca, but i don't see them stringing together a run of results to get there either, not happening.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pellegrini is a very underrated coach, not only for the cup win but also for how well Betis has been playing for the last couple of years. This season they were third for like half of La Liga with a squad that's not even top 7 IMO
I dunno....Bravo has his flaws but largely top level keeper for most of his career. Pezzella and Barta is a solid enough CB combo and ahead of them Guido Rodriguez, Carvalho, Canales, Fekir, Juanmi and Iglesias is a good set of midfield/attacking options.

Hopefully now they've got the Copa they can make one last push for top 4. Losing to Elche was a bit of a shocker but if they beat Barca at home could be three points behind them.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
For Real Madrid to win the league this weekend one of the following two things must happen:

- Real Madrid get at least one point today vs Espanyol at home.

or

- Real Madrid lose vs Espanyol but Barcelona don't win vs Mallorca tomorrow.