La liga 2022/23

E-mal

The ref doing his best to ensure Madrid don't loose the game.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
If Atletico win its next game, they'll be 2 points behind Real Madrid.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Watched the Real-Villareal highlights and chukwueze was amazing. Headline is the late curling winner, but really confident finishing for the first goal and nice feet for the second too.

Left-footed, looks like he can beat players, can finish and assist, but also his stats look like he's been stalling for the last few years.
Can he play as a striker? That first goal was excellent striker play, maybe that's unusual? Otherwise I guess he'd just be competing with Antony.

Dempsey19

Bloody hell

If this is actually true then I don't blame Valverde at all. No place for comments about somebody's child. Obviously he's going to get in shit for punching a player but feck that, it's warranted here. I'm surprised it was only a punch because if it was me in that situation I'd struggle to keep it at that.

Baena is a cnut of the highest degree.

RVN1991

You really have to be sick in the head to say something about a person's unborn child, good on Valverde.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I love it when people quote Marca :lol: . They are the worst lying and klick baiting shit media in spain. Even worse than the Daily Mail fail.
They also wrote back in the days that Messi once came to a training session with a spoon in his mouth, because Guardiola allegedly called him a child. They are absolutely shameless.
I don't know if it's true or not, Baena himself denied it for example.
Baena on IG said:
ES TOTALEMENTE FALSO QUE YO DIJERA ESO.
But any other media has more credibility than them.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I love it when people quote Marca :lol: . They are the worst lying and klick baiting shit media in spain. Even worse than the Daily Mail fail.
They also wrote back in the days that Messi once came to a training session with a spoon in his mouth, because Guardiola allegedly called him a child. They are absolutely shameless.
I don't know if it's true or not, Baena himself denied it for example.

And the Cadena Cope are other unscrupulous liars. Just look at the precedents.
Simply the Madrid machinery looking for the bad guy in the film to be Baena.

News from Mundo Deportivo:

" The match in question dates from January 19, but it was in February when both Fede Valverde and his wife, Mina Bonino, revealed that they were close to losing the son they are expecting, so it is not possible that Baena knew of the ordeal lived by the madridista and could make that comment during the Cup match played in La Cerámica".

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol

" The match in question dates from January 19, but it was in February when both Fede Valverde and his wife, Mina Bonino, revealed that they were close to losing the son they are expecting, so it is not possible that Baena knew of the ordeal lived by the madridista and could make that comment during the Cup match played in La Cerámica".
This is absolutely fake news.
In February Mina revealed that everything went well and their future son was finally healthy.
It was known before that that there were problems in her pregnancy. For example this news was published January 15, 4 days before the match.

In any case, violence is not justified. I hope both get an appropriate ban for what each did.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Even if Mina didn't say it everybody knew that was the reason, and it was repeated in comments weeks before (Does it matter if it happened months ago too?).
I don't think he waited months to hit him in the car park, so we can assume he insulted him during the match yesterday.
I can't imagine Fede inventing something like that, although obviously he'll have to be sanctioned but he's been happy with it so I'm sure it'll pay off.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
I love it when people quote Marca :lol: . They are the worst lying and klick baiting shit media in spain.

Actually that title belongs to Sport and El Mundo Deportivo.

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
I don't know if what Valverde says is 100% exact but I for sure agree more on his version than Baena's.
I don't think it makes sense to hear those comments and do nothing during the games and out of thin air going after the game to hit him. It makes less sense to do that without any reason.
I would understand more that he had a reaction at the moment. Doing it months/hour later shows premeditation. He should be punished, probably just a fine the will gladly pay. I don't know if something else. Anyway you cannot people just hit somebody else because they hear something they didn't like. Specially in Spain where you can't even defend your home. If you are attacked with a knife in your own home you cannot shot the intruder because it is not "proportionate". As ridiculous as it sounds.

When I played I received very bad comments, sometimes more personal sometimes more "general". I remember as if it was today. It was 13th March 2004, and in a corner I was literally told "Thursday was a great day, today you should look behind your bus, well, better don't do it". Thursday was 11th March 2004, and almost 200 people were killed in Madrid in terrorists attacks. At that point it wasn't clear if it was ETA or Al-Qaeda. I wasn't playing in the Basque Country, it was actually in Navarra. He (and many others) probably deserved something else and nothing happens.

By the way, Valverde's baby is happily ok, which makes things even weirder. This has nothing to do with it, but miscarriage is very, very, very common. Way more common than people think, especially during the first 3 months.

PD: Valverde says that Baene committed a foul and told that in the Copa del Rey game. It should be easy to find that moment because they were being recorded at that time and I don't think you can find many fouls from Baena to Valverde in that game... it should be recorded, if the mouth is not readible we should see the reaction from Valverde. Valverde didn't say when Baena repeated that yesterday, but they were only 30 minutes in the game together.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Pretty funny to accuse Marca of being part of the "Madrid machinery" by quoting Mundo Deportivo, that also is a piece of garbage.

Actually that title belongs to Sport and El Mundo Deportivo.
They're all the same, propaganda tools, none of those outlets our worth their weight in paper.

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Pretty funny to accuse Marca of being part of the "Madrid machinery" by quoting Mundo Deportivo, that also is a piece of garbage.

They're all the same, propaganda tools, none of those outlets our worth their weight in paper.
Marca gave information, just like the Cope accusing a player without evidence.
And Mundo Deportivo argues why what Marca has said is not possible to happen.

If you prefer to do an ad hominem instead of doing a rational analysis of Mundo Deportivo's information, it's none of my business.
I don't care.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Nah, Mundo Deportivo lied.

Mundo Deportivo, Sport, Marca and As are all the same shite.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

If you prefer to do an ad hominem instead of doing a rational analysis of Mundo Deportivo's information, it's none of my business.
I don't care.
Excuse me, is that you?

You might "not care" but it won't stop people from calling you out and spotting your bad faith argument.

Yes, Marca s garbage, and so is Mundo Deportivo.

Also, a poster showed there was reports of Valverde going through a very hard times days before the game in january so it's totally possible some players knew why.

Now who's right, I have no idea and in all fairness, Valverde waiting 3 months to punch Baena after his kid is born and healthy doesn't make a lot of sense, but please stop claiming any moral high ground in the way you analyse information, no one is blind.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I accept that we are not winning this fecking game :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mad::mad::mad:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We should have scored 8 goals here. It's not even hyperbole, we actually should have scored 8 goals, it's been that silly. xG is gonna look downright hilarious i bet

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That was the only way :lol: we missed TWO!!! Open goal tap ins. Four 1vs1 with the gk. Had a number of 2vs1 in the box and somehow didn't even get a shot off. Hit the woodwork 3 times

Naturally, Nacho from 30 yards!

cyberman

La Liga matches have vanished from everybody’s viewing habits after Sky lost the rights
#RIPBalaguecareer

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We should have scored 8 goals here. It's not even hyperbole, we actually should have scored 8 goals, it's been that silly. xG is gonna look downright hilarious i bet
It was only about 2.78 up to the first goal.

Have to say Ledesma must be one of most underrated keepers in world football. Everytime I see Cadiz he's like a brickwall at the back, reminds me of when Nick Pope was at Burnley.

In other eras he'd be Argentina's number one and really should be playing for europa league club at least next season.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Getafe fans receive Barcelona's bus showing a "Corrupt Bastards" banner.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Third consecutive match without a goal. Without Frenkie, Pedri and Dembele, we can't even score one goal. Pathetic.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
If Real didn't drop so many points at the beginning of the year we'd still have a title race

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pretty much every bottom half team is a brick wall currently. Almeria giving Atletico Madrid a really good game currently.

Valencia-Sevilla is huge in a few hours. Sevilla are not safe by a long way, must win for Valencia given they've lost 8 straight on the road and have the likes of Real Madrid and Villareal still to play at home.

GinobiliTheGOAT

If Real didn't drop so many points at the beginning of the year we'd still have a title race
And if Barca didn't drop so many points lately, they'd have a gap over Real to win the league bigger than the one they had over them in 2018.

Far too many injuries for Barca right now, it is what it is.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
And if Barca didn't drop so many points lately, they'd have a gap over Real to win the league bigger than the one they had over them in 2018.

Far too many injuries for Barca right now, it is what it is.
I mean just look at how many points Real dropped after the WC and against teams they usually beat.
They drew at home vs Osasuna, Girona, Sociedad, Atletico and away to Betis.
Lost to Mallorca, Rayo, 2x to Villarreal and Barca.
Also Barca hadn't had that many points after Round 29 for 10 years. Are they that good or did the clubs in La Liga decline so much?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona has significant deficits in several areas of the game. You add the losses of important players and the team is inoperative in the creation of the interior game, the game on the wings, the last pass...
We have to grit our teeth and win the league and in the transfer market sign what we can with the limitations that exist.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I mean just look at how many points Real dropped after the WC and against teams they usually beat.
They drew at home vs Osasuna, Girona, Sociedad, Atletico and away to Betis.
Lost to Mallorca, Rayo, 2x to Villarreal and Barca.
Also Barca hadn't had that many points after Round 29 for 10 years. Are they that good or did the clubs in La Liga decline so much?
Barcelona won 4-5 games 1-0 in which the opponent missed very clear chances.
Barcelona has improved a lot compared to last year but has many deficiencies in the creation of the game.