La Liga 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Sociedad truly played much better than us. But they ran out fuel from that super intense high pressing.

I watch Barca almost every weekends. Its not a troll Araujo is severely overrated in my opinion. You’re allowed to think he’s a great defender
I believe that your views are heavily influenced by when he plays as right back when he tends to rely on physicality a lot more. However, when he's in the centre, his awareness, his interceptions and his reading of the game are all brilliant, combined with his physical domination.

Ter Stegen has bailed them out a lot this season
To be honest, he bailed them out way more last season. This season he's ha a big role to play in 3-4 key goals that they've conceded in games that they have dropped points in. Except for that one flapping about which almost cost a goal, he was good though today.

Bellingham is such a good player, he is always producing something with his interventions.

Will turn this match on around the 90th minute for the Jude goal.

Needed to score at least two. We make these games much harder than they need to be.

Camavinga and Jude are our best players.

Needed to score at least two. We make these games much harder than they need to be.

Camavinga and Jude are our best players.
Been the story of your last few seasons. But you'll undoubtedly pick up an injury time winner yet again.

Been the story of your last few seasons. But you'll undoubtedly pick up an injury time winner yet again.

That and conceding an early goal out of nowhere due to some dumb/lethargic defending.

At this point I think the team just wants to make things as hard as possible for themselves.

Its injury time. It's time for the Jude/Rodrygo/Valverde goal after 20 odd deflections.

Its injury time. It's time for the Jude/Rodrygo/Valverde goal after 20 odd deflections.

Seems like your anti-jinx worked.

Bismal stuff in the final third.

Seems like your anti-jinx worked.

Bismal stuff in the final third.
Genuinely isn't an anti-jinx with just how many late winner Madrid (and Barca as well this season) score. Madrid were very poor though from whatever little I was watched.

Xavi appears to have mastered la liga, as far as his abilities as a coach goes.

Yes, Barca appears planless, in disarray, outplayed in quite a few games, but somehow he usually gets the result he needs in the end.

Combine that with the fact that Perez sabotaging our team, Xavi, an average coach, could well be crowned B2B league winner...

Yes, Barca appears planless, in disarray, outplayed in quite a few games, but somehow he usually gets the result he needs in the end.

Combine that with the fact that Perez sabotaging our team, Xavi, an average coach, could well be crowned B2B league winner...
Girona look great so far but they obviously won't last the distance. Between the Big 3, none of them have really looked very convincing so far so this is anybody's title, honestly.

To be fair they won the league with other mediocre managers. Admittedly it was with Messi but still.

Barca just perform better in the league. We do in the CL.

To be fair they won the league with other mediocre managers. Admittedly it was with Messi but still.

Barca just perform better in the league. We do in the CL.

I know it doesn't work like that, but Perez should simply have to leave if RM allows such an average coach to school us twice in the league.

He can daydream about Mbappe on his spare-time, not as president of RM.

I know it doesn't work like that, but Perez should simply have to leave if RM allows such an average coach to school us twice in the league.

He can daydream about Mbappe on his spare-time, not as president of RM.

ancelotti has been a very average coach in la liga. He’s a good knockout coach but in la liga not even half as good as zidane who went up against far better Barca teams.

xavi also has been hit very very hard with injuries with fdj and pedri. I don’t think xavi is a great coach but a young one who has time to improve.
I do think this team without pedri and fdj will understandably struggle

the winning percentage with and without pedri is night and day

Real Madrid 4 -0 Valencia so far.

Vinicius and Rodrygo playing very well.

didn’t know Girona were part of the City Group, removes most of the romance around them

Just noticed that Girona were top last week. What the hell is going on?
Right now a very in-form team with a good coach, very motivated and that does not give up (they have won more than one game coming from behind).
A good base from last year: Aleix García (Spain call-up), Arnau, Miguel Gutiérrez (Real Madrid youth academy), Yangel Herrera, Couto, to which has been added this year some good signings. Some unknown, Savinho (on loan from Troyes), Dovbyk (Dnipro), free players (Blind), or discards (Eric García, former Barça).
In Spain they are underestimated a bit for being part of City's group, although according to what Marca wrote a few days ago there are only three players related to them.
Madrid beat them easily at home and I thought that this initial streak would be over, but it was not. Let's see if they are capable of some important victories against Barcelona and Atlético.

Good game, not a great one despite the score.

Defense is very leaky, Valencia had 3 big chances in the first half. Alaba is clueless this season and Nacho isn’t aging that well. Rudiger is essential. Additionally, the build-up was poor by the CBs.

Vini and Rodrygo did well, the former finally focused on the game instead of all the surrounding bullshit and it paid off. Still not sure if he turned that switch, he can easily lose his head in an away game in LaLiga. Happy for Rodrygo who was struggling.

Brahim did well replacing Jude, he does have a tendency to want to dribble first which reminds me of Isco who had a similar way of playing. He should get more minutes so we can rest others.

Carvajal having a fantastic season. LB is a problem position, Mendy and Fran ain’t it. Cama and Valverde were good.

Weren’t they a gift to Pep‘s brother or am I confusing things?

Yes Pep's brother is a minority owner, along with City Football Group. I believe they initially structured it the way they did to get around around a multi-club majority ownership rule.

Right now a very in-form team with a good coach, very motivated and that does not give up (they have won more than one game coming from behind).
A good base from last year: Aleix García (Spain call-up), Arnau, Miguel Gutiérrez (Real Madrid youth academy), Yangel Herrera, Couto, to which has been added this year some good signings. Some unknown, Savinho (on loan from Troyes), Dovbyk (Dnipro), free players (Blind), or discards (Eric García, former Barça).
In Spain they are underestimated a bit for being part of City's group, although according to what Marca wrote a few days ago there are only three players related to them.
Madrid beat them easily at home and I thought that this initial streak would be over, but it was not. Let's see if they are capable of some important victories against Barcelona and Atlético.

Interesting stuff. I don't follow La Liga as much as I used to, Serie A would be my go to second league now.

They have a very good run in last season, beat Real Madrid 4-2 in the run in with Castellanos scoring all four that day. Used the money from selling him to Lazio very well.

Stuani's still there isn't he although more as a sub. Has an amazing scoring record for them.

They have a very good run in last season, beat Real Madrid 4-2 in the run in with Castellanos scoring all four that day. Used the money from selling him to Lazio very well.

Stuani's still there isn't he although more as a sub. Has an amazing scoring record for them.
Oh yes, what a game Taty Castellanos had. I have to admit that I had him in la liga fantasy so I didn't suffer so much the defeat :D
Yes, Stuani is a classic, and I'm sure he'll still have a couple of seasons in the future in the second division with some team.

Barca are absolutely horrendous. Xavi will be under pressure very soon. Should be losing by more

1-1.

Speaking of Rayo, saw this video about former United player and current Rayo player Bebe

Status
Not open for further replies.