KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Three of my players gone then. That 11-20 scoreline was stupid :(

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Three of my players gone then. That 11-20 scoreline was stupid :(
I lost to a team with no proper striker. A dude then said he didn't vote, but would have voted against me if he did. Yet he picked 2 of my players as reinforcement, one of whom he referred to as "Poor man Vieri" in older draft. That comment lost him the following game, and he threw his toys out of his pram, and he banned himself from Caf for 1 year

KM

I lost to a team with no proper striker. A dude then said he didn't vote, but would have voted against me if he did. Yet he picked 2 of my players as reinforcement, one of whom he referred to as "Poor man Vieri" in older draft. That comment lost him the following game, and he threw his toys out of his pram, and he banned himself from Caf for 1 year

In my previous game, the manager just blatantly lied that I've three players playing out of position. I guess in these games more important than player quality is the fact how much bollocks you can write about your team, that's why an AM is important.

VivaJanuzaj

:lol: :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

In my previous game, the manager just blatantly lied that I've three players playing out of position. I guess in these games more important than player quality is the fact how much bollocks you can write about your team, that's why an AM is important.
He was nice to you. My previous opponent said "half of" my players were playing out of position :smirk:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Leave anto alone!

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

Such bitterness. All coming from someone that was adamant his team was better in every department despite admitting to only knowing about five players on our team. Why didn't you read up on them before the game?

But i wasn't lying. I had reservations about Senna, Boban and Griezmann in those roles. After some research and the informed opinions of our fellow drafters i realized it was only Griezmann that was playing in an unfavourable position.

Mascherano, that has accumulated a season at DM was endlessly questioned, bizarrly, while Griezmann that has played about half that at right-wing was barely looked at. Still, i can envision him in that role but you won't get the best out of him in my opinion.

Enigma_87

You know who
Such bitterness. All coming from someone that was adamant his team was better in every department despite admitting to only knowing about five players on our team. Why didn't you read up on them before the game?

But i wasn't lying. I had reservations about Senna, Boban and Griezmann in those roles. After some research and the informed opinions of our fellow drafters i realized it was only Griezmann that was playing in an unfavourable position.

Mascherano, that has accumulated a season at DM was endlessly questioned, bizarrly, while Griezmann that has played about half that at right-wing was barely looked at. Still, i can envision him in that role but you won't get the best out of him in my opinion.
Boban and Senna was a bit odd to be considered playing out of position, they were basically in their best positions in that game. Griezmann while not playing that many times at winger for Atletico made a name for himself playing there for Sociedad. So while probably not his best position (as he moved centrally when he developed as a player) I don't think it was out of position to be fair.

It's a bit like playing Messi on the right in these drafts and I don't see that many posters commenting about it.

The Stain

Boban and Senna was a bit odd to be considered playing out of position, they were basically in their best positions in that game. Griezmann while not playing that many times at winger for Atletico made a name for himself playing there for Sociedad. So while probably not his best position (as he moved centrally when he developed as a player) I don't think it was out of position to be fair.

It's a bit like playing Messi on the right in these drafts and I don't see that many posters commenting about it.
What? Griezmann played almost exclusively at left wing for Sociedad. The Messi comment i don't know what to think about.

First Round Reinforcements

Marty1968

List of First Round Reinforcements

Gio
- 1. Nedved 2. Veron 3. Reuter 4. Deschamps 5. Puyol 6. Bratseth 7. Careca 8. Michel 9. Thon 10. Sergi 11. Chilavert 12. Yeboah 13. Ibrahimovic 14. Ballack
Enigma_87/Snow - 1. Kaka 2. Villa 3. Lucio 4. Modric 5. Schneider 6. Marcelo 7. Helmer 8. Salgado 9. Conte 10. Vialli 11. van der Sar 12. Luis Gustavo 13. Cafu 14. Shevchenko
Joga Bonito/Balu - 1. Bergomi 2. Xabi Alonso 3. Dani Alves 4. Häßler 5. Forlán 6. Ferri 7. Dunga 8. Aimar 9. Crespo 10. Carboni 11. Eike Immel 12. Dedê 13. Roberto Carlos 14. Buchwald
VivaJanuzaj/MJJ - 1. Müller 2. Eto'o 3. Guardiola 4. T. Silva 5. Samuel 6. Abidal 7. Sneijder 8. Khedira 9. Robinho 10. Klos 11. Carvajal 12. Cassano 13. Savicevic 14. Sagnol
Aldo/The Stain - 1. Davids 2. Littbarski 3. Mendieta 4. Montero 5. Makaay 6. Henry 7. Mascherano 8. Angloma 9. Candela 10. Linke 11. Aumann 12. Zola 13. Reus 14. Ferrara
Marty1968 - 1. Seedorf 2. Costacurta 3. Berthold 4. Gattuso 5. Scholl 6. Benarrivo 7.Babbel 8. Butragueño 9. Zamorano 10. Lehmann 11. McManaman 12. Mihajlović 13. Neymar 14. Cristiano Jr.
Sjor Bepo/anant - 1. Stam 2. Alaba 3. Camoranesi 4. Godin 5. Gündoğan 6. Kluivert 7. Javi Martinez 8. Gascoigne 9. Futre 10. Juanfran 11. Peruzzi 12. Rosicky 13. Totti 14. Luis Enrique
Skizzo/Pat_Mustard - 1. Hierro 2. Ruggeri 3.Klinsmann 4. Bebeto 5. Möller 6. Chiellini 7. Baraja 8. Ziege 9. Pogba 10. Zenga 11. Basler 12. Mannini 13. Lizarazu 14. Zanetti

Enigma_87

You know who
What? Griezmann played almost exclusively at left wing for Sociedad. The Messi comment i don't know what to think about.
Yes, left winger, didn't KM start him there(for some reason I can't see his formation in the thread)?

As for Messi it was just as an example.

KM

Aye, yes slightly bitter at the fact that a lesser team won. But you did lie though about Senna and Boban.

The Stain

Yes, left winger, didn't KM start him there?

As for Messi it was just as an example.
Changed him to right winger after a few minutes. Reus one the right would have been better. He's pretty much equally good on either flank as far as stats go.
Aye, yes slightly bitter at the fact that a lesser team won. But you did lie though about Senna and Boban.
It's funny you say so after admitting to only knowing half our team :wenger:

Didn't lie, can't you read?

Enigma_87

You know who
Changed him to right winger after a few minutes. Reus one the right would have been better. He's pretty much equally good on either flank as far as stats go.
aye I see.

Griezmann is pretty versatile you can still get the best of him either flank and cutting in. Surprised no one went for him in the reinforcement round.

You won't see him on the wing for Atletico often as they play 4-4-2 and the wingers in that formation have different contribution than in standard 4-3-3.

Anyhow will start with the write up and will submit as soon as ready for our game.

Enigma_87

You know who
Little tribute to the greatest right back of all time Cafu:

Marcos Evangelista de Moraes is rightly known as one of the greatest defenders to have graced the game, making the right-back spot his own, both domestically and for Brazil.

It is difficult to name a trophy that this talented man hasn't won: with two Italian titles, two Italian Super Cups, a Champions League trophy, a UEFA Super Cup and two World Cup victories of 1994 and 2002 to his name.

Although he won the majority of his domestic trophies at Milan, he is quite literally revered at AS Roma, where he is one of only 11 players to have made it into their Hall of Fame.

Cafu's bombing runs along the right flank earned him the nickname Il Pendolino, meaning "the express train". He is also the most-capped Brazilian of all time after making an incredible 142 appearances.

At his peak Cafu was phenomenon in the stamina department, probably the best pair of lungs in the game. That and his explosive movement and acceleration could let him man the whole flank for himself.

“I played with him at AC Milan, and he’s the type of full-back we like in Holland, who likes to take the initiative to attack, but also comes back as quick as he can to defend. He’s a great person as well. He’s played for the national team, won trophies for the national team, and he’s been outstanding for years and years.”
– Jaap Stam

“People tend to forget that defensively he was very strong, but he stands out because of his attacking impulses and energy. Cafu just kept going – up and down, up and down – and never gave up.”
– Jaap Stam

An outstanding athlete. [ . . . ] Cafu is very attacking [ . . . ] (and) can get forward and overlap, but drop back in defence within seconds. He’s a great crosser and he can score a goal too.”
– Teddy Sheringham

“He is not only a defender, he is an all-round footballer, and he can do everything. I played against him in Italy when he was with Roma, and he never stopped running up and down the right side of the field. He has brilliant energy and stamina, and oh, what skill too. And, of course, he has leadership skills: don’t forget he captained Brazil to the World Cup in 2002.”
– Laurent Blanc

“I played against Brazil a couple of times and he and Roberto Carlos were just awesome. They changed the way full-backs played. People thought a full-back should just defend, but in today’s game it’s important for full-backs to be good on the ball as well, and Cafu led the way in this respect.”
– Michael Owen

“What a nightmare to play against. The last thing you need is an overlapping full-back, creating two-versus-one situations against you. He’d bomb on for 90 minutes and wouldn’t give you ?a minute’s peace. [ . . . ] Although Cafu was a fantastic attacking threat, he was also a very capable defender. Never seemed to age.”
– Denis Irwin

“His energy was unbelievable, the way he would just run up and down the flank all match – and great credit to him for doing it for so long, winning everything in the game. What an athlete.”
– Shay Given

“A warrior on the field and a sincere, kind man off it. Strong and powerful, his runs from defence led to numerous goals at AC Milan and his jokes helped to ease the pressure during training and in matches.”
– Andriy Shevchenko

“If there is one man who has made sacrifices and lent himself to the cause of the Brazil team, this man is Cafu. He has been my commander on the field. He is a great example of dedication and humility.”
– Luiz Felipe Scolari (1998)

“Trend-setting in being one of the first truly great attacking full backs. Excellent at getting forward, but very strong defensively as well.”
– Andrea Pirlo

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused

Where the hell did you think Senna and Boban should be playing?!?

Enigma_87

You know who
One of AC Milan's best strikers, and that's some competition - Andriy Shevchenko. The Ukraine striker played for Milan for eight years, winning a Serie A title and a Champions League trophy. Shevchenko's best period occurred in the 2003-04 season, where he helped Milan win the Serie A and became the top scorer of the competition. Not only that, in the same year he also won the Ballon d'Or award. In total, Shevchenko scored 175 goals from 322 appearances for AC Milan.

During his stint at AC Milan he was scary good, one of the top three strikers during that era. The beauty is that Shevchenko was so versatile that he can work with any type of partner you team him up and he played with a lot - Bierhoff, Inzaghi, Crespo, Tomasson, Gilardino and barring injuries he excelled in all.

Sitting at 7th all time goalscorer in CL he has proven to be a top striker in Europe as well, winning one CL on the way. In his prime he established himself as the best striker in Seria A, and scored more than 25 goals per season five times. All-round striker, possessing high acceleration, considerable dribbling, intelligent positional play and deadly strike in both foots. Moreover, his stamina and heading ability were also great.

Despite a less than glorious ending, the beginning and middle of Shevchenko’s career saw some of the best striking moments in European football history – and some of the finest goals along the way. Rarely will we see a striker who combined so many attributes – pace, power, technique, movement and intelligence – into one deadly package again, and rarely will his name not be mentioned among the greats of Eastern European football.
And a great piece on him:

http://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/11/30/in-celebration-of-andriy-shevchenko-ukraines-great-hero/

VivaJanuzaj

Dejan Savicevic:
When football fans discuss the greatest players of the 1990’s, one name that rarely seems to come up in the conversation is that of Dejan Savićević. Maybe the sanctions placed on his native Yugoslavia, effectively preventing them from competing in international tournaments during the Balkan war, is the reason he was overlooked.

The facts, however, speak for themselves. When someone has won the Champions League with two different clubs, and been the star player for both teams, it’s fair to say he must have been something pretty special.

Milan were not in great form going into the 1994 Champions League final against Barcelona in Athens. Despite retaining the Serie A title, they failed to win any of their final six league games. In addition to this, they were without their suspended first choice centre-backs, Franco Baresi and Alessandro Costacurta. Facing the might of Romário and Hristo Stoichkov with a makeshift defence, the odds were heavily stacked against Milan. The defence-minded Fabio Capello had only one option—all-out attack.

With the team centred around him, Milan took the initiative and absolutely battered Barcelona, and were 2 – 0 up at half time, thanks to a double from Daniele Massaro. Savićević had already set up the first goal with a fantastic piece of play, but then added the kind of goal rarely seen in a game of that magnitude.

Charging down a clearance from Miguel Ángel Nadal, he spotted Andoni Zubizaretta off his line and chipped him from 25 yards. At 3 – 0, there was no coming back for Barcelona, and Marcel Desailly later added a fourth to complete their humiliation. But all anybody could talk about was the goal from Savićević. Quite incredible.

At the start of the 1994 – 95 season, Milan cleared out their squad. Ruud Gullit’s return lasted a matter of weeks, and Marco van Basten was later forced to retire through injury. This left Savićević, Desailly and Boban as the only foreign players in Milan’s squad. Playing in an attacking role, he began to score more regularly. In the Champions League semi-final, his two brilliant goals saw off Paris Saint-Germain. Unfortunately, he didn’t make the squad for the final, having failed a fitness test, and Milan lost 1 – 0 to Ajax. According to reports, to this day Savićević insists he was fit to play.

Milan spent big during the summer of 1995, adding George Weah and Roberto Baggio to their ranks, but Savićević remained a vital player for the team as they regained the league title they had lost to Juventus the previous year.