Lack of quality in certain areas - De Gea

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That isn't how a debate works, mate.
If I give you a stat, and give my (reputable) sources, its up to you to prove otherwise, you've failed to do so.
I could go through every match De Gea has made an error (he has made 6) but if I did you'd just claim it to be fake news anyway, so why bother?
Even with your cherry picked videos you've given one to Henderson that blatantly isn't a clear error, which the actual premier league agree with.
so once again, if you disagree with reputable sources, please contact them, if they end up agreeing with you, then we all will too.
You gave me the number of two sources and both sources have different numbers, (Opta says 6, PL says 2). Is that not a good reason why I questioned your statement?

As a reader myself, which the feck of sources I shall trust? Don't you see my point here? Can you even tell me which one correct? 6 errors or 2 errors? Make up your mind!

Full bodied red

Absolutely love De Gea , but imagine calling out the squad then pulling that sh*t in today’s game. Embarrassing.

Oh yes....

Hoping to read something in the papers tomorrow that Martial or Rashford or Pogba are quoted as saying we need a new GK if we want to improve.

Unfortunately, that would be no less truthful than DDG's own rant a couple of weeks ago because it's not just that he's no longer our only World Class player ( no, I don't rate PP as world class, just the best we have at OT ) but he's now a liability.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You gave me the number of two sources and both sources have different numbers, (Opta says 6, PL says 2). Is that not a good reason why I questioned your statement?

As a reader myself, which the feck of sources I shall trust? Don't you see my point here? Can you even tell me which one correct? 6 errors or 2 errors? Make up your mind!
Either way it doesn't matter, they both show you that De Gea has made more mistakes leading to goals than Henderson in the premier league.
Again, the Trump style deflecting isn't fooling anybody, and you've failed to provide any statistic which says Henderson has made 2 or more errors leading to goals in the premier league.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
He's massively out of form, but it doesn't seem reasonable to question his long-term quality.

As for the number of mistakes he's made, there has been an air of inevitability about that. We hadn't invested nearly enough in defence prior to the summer, and there's an argument to be made that we massively overspent for the quality we received. Problem is, we hadn't bought any top class defenders because we hadn't needed any with De Gea so reliably overachieving. The club should have been building to support him, but since we haven't had a top quality centre back since Ferdinand and Vidic began to regress in 2013 or so.

For most of Ferguson's time, there was an almost continuous line of excellent centre backs: a chain of Bruce, Pallister, Stam, Ferdinand, Vidic almost perfectly overlaps, with only the decision to sell Stam interrupting it. That goes back to 1987. There hasn't been a centre back at the club on the level of any of them since then, but De Gea has kept us in European contention year after year.

Six years of keeping us at the top without sufficient support around him. He may have been poor today, but he's by no means the biggest concern.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Either way it doesn't matter, they both show you that De Gea has made more mistakes leading to goals than Henderson in the premier league.
Again, the Trump style deflecting isn't fooling anybody, and you've failed to provide any statistic which says Henderson has made 2 or more errors leading to goals in the premier league.
So now you are deflecting it by saying "it doesn't matter". Who does the Trump style here? :lol:

Of course it matters. PL considered the Everton game as DDG error, wouldn't that make the number equal to Dean if I consider it as a foul on DDG?

I have just told you that Dean made errors in 2 matches while DDG also made errors in 2 matches. I have given you which matches they are. Tell me why is that not an evidence? If you disagree with it then you got to list me what are the other errors that DDG made beside the 2 matches I mentioned, because I can't think any, can you?

Dec9003

So now you are deflecting it by saying "it doesn't matter". Who does the Trump style here? :lol:

Of course it matters. PL considered the Everton game as DDG error, wouldn't that make the number equal to Dean if I consider it as a foul on DDG?

I have just told you that Dean made errors in 2 matches while DDG also made errors in 2 matches. I have given you which matches they are. Tell me why is that not an evidence? If you disagree with it then you got to list me what are the other errors that DDG made beside the 2 matches I mentioned because I can't think any.
Can you prove that the premier league considering DDG's involvment as an error? (for the Everton match)*
Dean hasn't made two errors, he's made one, unless you're saying you actually disagree with the premier league? As in the actual premier league, that Manchester United play in? Actually Trump.

Hawks2008

Hate to see it, he's given us many great years but 2019 has just been poor for from him. Hopefully he will put his bad form behind him for 2020 and he can get back to what we all know he can do.

In terms of quality he is still one of the least of our worries.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Can you prove that the premier league considering DDG's involvment as an error?
Dean hasn't made two errors, he's made one, unless you're saying you actually disagree with the premier league? As in the actual premier league, that Manchester United play in? Actually Trump.
PL didn't consider it as a foul. If it's not a missed punch then what PL considered it as?

If Palace one is considered as error by PL according to you from DDG then explain why Dean vs Chelsea wasn't considered as error?

Dec9003

PL didn't consider it as a foul. If it's not a missed punch then what PL considered it as?

If Palace one is considered as error by PL from DDG then explain why Dean vs Chelsea wasn't considered as error?
I don't think you understand the error leading to goal stat.
Dean Henderson has made one error, De Gea has made two according to the Premier league, it's really as simple as that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't think you understand the error leading to goal stat.
Dean Henderson has made one error, De Gea has made two according to the Premier league, it's really as simple as that.
DDG's missed punch led to the own goal. If it wasn't considered as foul and not considered as missed punch, what is it then?

It's not that simple. Opta has it as 6, while PL has it as 2. Clearly two sources/people have different way to view things as error.

I consider Dean made an error against Chelsea, I wasn't the only one who said that. The caf in Red Cafe also thought the same thing in his thread.

Dec9003

DDG's missed punch led to the own goal. If it wasn't considered as foul and not considered as missed punch, what is it then?

It's not that simple. Opta has it as 6, while PL has it as 2. Clearly two sources/people have different way to view things as error.

I consider Dean made an error against Chelsea, I wasn't the only one who said that. The caf in Red Cafe also thought the same thing in his thread.
It is that simple, Dean henderson errors: One De Gea errors: Two. You don't get to just make it up as you go along and claim to know more about the game than the actual Premier legaue.

Flames73

Isn't Opta stats showing since the start of last season? And the PL stats you all talking about is only this season. Maybe you should look at last season stats too, which I did and DDG has 4 last season according to PL website.

And guess what? From the PL website itself.

Official Premier League performance data is collected and analysed by Opta (www.optasports.com), part of Perform Content, a division of Perform Group (www.performgroup.com).

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It is that simple, Dean henderson errors: One De Gea errors: Two. You don't get to just make it up as you go along and claim to know more about the game than the actual Premier legaue.
You don't call it as make it up if I gave you which are the two errors Dean made (Chelsea & Liverpool games). I wasn't the only one who viewed the Chelsea one as his errors which lead to my statement that both have made (2) same amount of errors.

Dec9003

You don't call it as make it up if I gave you which are the two errors Dean made (Chelsea & Liverpool games). I wasn't the only one who viewed the Chelsea one as his errors which lead to my statement that both have made (2) same amount of errors.

But nobody there said it was an error, why have you used that screenshot? This is just getting funnier as it goes on.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Isn't Opta stats showing since the start of last season? And the PL stats you all talking about is only this season. Maybe you should look at last season stats too, which I did and DDG has 4 last season according to PL website.

And guess what? From the PL website itself.
Correct, not sure why the poster posted the opta one in the first place which created confusion.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
But nobody there said it was an error, why have you used that screenshot? This is just getting funnier as it goes on.
So he had a bad game for no reason? You don't make any sense now.

I consider the Chelsea one as error. Whether you agree or disagree here, I have a reason why I made statement that both keeper made same amount of errors this season.

Dec9003

So he had a bad game for no reason? You don't make any sense now.

I consider the Chelsea one as error. Whether you agree or disagree here, I have a reason why I made statement that both keeper made same amount of errors this season.
Please show me a post from the forum that says it was an error. You said that posters in that thread said it was an error, please go and provide this.
Its not a case of disagreeing, you're not disagreeing with me, its the premier league that have given us the correct stats.
I consider Dean made an error against Chelsea, I wasn't the only one who said that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Please show me a post from the forum that says it was an error. You said that posters in that thread said it was an error, please go and provide this.
Its not a case of disagreeing, you're not disagreeing with me, its the premier league that have given us the correct stats.
You can't read? I never say I don't agree or disagree with you. I made statement that both players same amount of errors this season which I told you which one they are. I just considered the Chelsea one as error.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You can't find anyone saying it was an error, can you.
Those people viewed it as error. If they don't view it as error then what do they referring to?

How can you having a bad game without making error? You don't make sense.

Dec9003

But those people viewed it as error. How can you not having a bad game without making error? You don't make sense.
Could you please point me to them saying that, since you know they agree with you.
Remember:
I consider Dean made an error against Chelsea, I wasn't the only one who said that.

RedDevil@84

He made a huge mistake. But anyways, if the attacking is non-existent, there is nothing much he could do.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Could you please point me to them saying that, since you know they agree with you.
Remember:
They literary said he had bad game while the other one said it was part of learning curve. If they don't refer it to the error that he made for the Chelsea goal, can you please tell me what did they refer to?

Dec9003

They literary said he had bad game while the other one said it was part of learning curve. If they don't refer it to the error that he made for the Chelsea goal, can you please tell me what did they refer to?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It’s clear as feck that De Gea has signed a deal with the devil (the real one, not the red one). After the deal ends a year ago, he loss his godly power and become a shite keeper.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
@Dec9003

Why do you keep avoid my question? Come on, answer it. What did they refer to?

Surely you don't tell player having a bad game & as part of learning curve for no reason.

Dec9003

@Dec9003

Why do you keep avoid my question? Come on, answer it. What did they refer to?

Surely you don't tell player having a bad game & as part of learning curve for no reason.
Mate, just show me where they said he made an error. You said that they said it. If you can't find it we're done here.
Although I will say, a goalkeeper can have a poor performance without making an error that leads directly to a goal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder if this is the real reason why LVG got Valdes & Romero - because he knew that de gea was long term just reflexes and needed a goal keeper who commanded his area.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mate, just show me where they said he made an error. You said that they said it. If you can't find it we're done here.
Although I will say, a goalkeeper can have a poor performance without making an error that leads directly to a goal.
Not having a good game against Chelsea unfortunately.
Learning curve, he will improve year by year.
I agree that GK can have a poor performance without making error that leads to a goal. But the Chelsea goal was directly involved from the goalkeeper mate.

Thus why they refer to the Chelsea's goal. If they don't refer to it, what did they refer to? What are other bad things that Dean made in that game? Please answer this.

Dec9003

Not having a good game against Chelsea unfortunately.

Learning curve, he will improve year by year.

I agree that GK can have a poor performance without making error that leads to a goal. But the Chelsea goal was directly involved from the goalkeeper mate.

Thus why they refer to the Chelsea's goal. If they don't refer to it, what did they refer to? What are other bad things that Dean made in that game? Please answer this.
Ill answer as soon as you point me to the posters saying he'd made an error, which you said you'll be able to do in this quote:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ill answer as soon as you point me to the posters saying he'd made an error, which you said you'll be able to do in this quote:
I have already pointed them out by upsize & highlighted them bold. Can you please answer now?

Dec9003

I have already pointed them out by upsize & highlighted them bold. Can you please answer now?
:lol: We both know they haven't said that was an error, try again.
Dean had a poor game against Chelsea, despite making some good saves he was a little soft on the goals he conceded (This isn't the same thing as making an error that leads directly to a goal)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol: We both know they haven't said that was an error, try again.
Dean had a poor game against Chelsea, despite making some good saves he was a little soft on the goals he conceded (This isn't the same thing as making an error that leads directly to a goal)
So being soft "on the goals" that he conceded aren't part of error which result in the goals? How is that making any sense?

And you considered DDG vs Palace as error but not Dean one, don't you think that was a soft one as well? :lol: Good joke mate.

Dec9003

So being soft "on the goals" that he conceded aren't part of error which result in the goals? How is that making any sense?

And you considered DDG vs Palace as error but not Dean one. :lol: Good joke mate.
I didn't, the premier league obviously did though.
There is a difference between what happened with De Gea Yesterday against Watford, and getting a hand to a difficult shot but not quite being able to redirect it.
Ill ask again, please show me the posters who agree with you in the other thread.
I'm just going to keep asking until you show me.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn't, the premier league obviously did though.
There is a difference between what happened with De Gea Yesterday against Watford, and getting a hand to a difficult shot but not quite being able to redirect it.
Ill ask again, please show me the posters who agree with you in the other thread.

I'm just going to keep asking until you show me.
I mentioned Palace game. Please read carefully! Not the Watford game!

Isn't it fair for me to have different view of it then because I consider it as an error which leads to the goal. The folks also considered them as error because that's what they are referring to when they said he had bad game & part of learning curve.

I think you are smart enough to know what they are referring to.

Dec9003

Isn't it fair for me to have different view of it then because I consider it as an error which leads to the goal. The folks also considered them as error because that's what they are referring to when they said he had bad game & part of learning curve.
It isn’t fair no because it isn’t opinion, the premier league make the stats available to the public.
No you said that they said he’d made an error leading to a goal:
Until you provide these quotes, we’re done here pal.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It isn’t fair no because it isn’t opinion, the premier league make the stats available to the public.
No you said that they said he’d made an error leading to a goal:
How do you know if the stats don't include the Everton one as an error?

It was initially about opinion because the point is that if we can let a goalkeeper to make errors which cost goals then it has to be someone like Dean who is still young for a goalkeeper not someone like DDG. Dean made an error which cost them a goal against Chelsea, it's fact. He failed to grab it which cost them a goal. I don't know why you are arguing it.

Until you provide these quotes, we’re done here pal.
I have provided them. I believe they refer to the Chelsea goals. If that's not the case then you shall tell me what do they refer to?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In fairness to De Gea, we all make mistakes. For example, I just made the mistake of reading through @UNITED ACADEMY and @Dec9003's entire argument. My eyes. Sweet jesus, my eyes.