Lack of quality in certain areas - De Gea

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I've watched all of Sheffield United's games this season, and you're bang wrong.
Except for the one blunder against Liverpool, Dean Henderson has not made any other mistakes.
So what you're saying is factually incorrect. De Gea has made 6 clear errors (plus even more counting crosses he should have collected), and Deano has only made 1.

The writing's on the wall: Dean's wages are a steal, and he's already performing better than De Gea.
Name me all DDG mistakes that cost us a goal this season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Name me all DDG mistakes that cost us a goal this season.
The one today.
The second against palace.
The goal against Everton (if you don’t think he was fouled)
The goal against Southampton when he didn’t come out for the ball.
That’s just off the top of my head.
If you’re arguing that he hasn’t made errors this season you’re factually wrong.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The one today.
The second against palace.
The goal against Everton (if you don’t think he was fouled)
The goal against Southampton when he didn’t come out for the ball.
That’s just off the top of my head.
If you’re arguing that he hasn’t made errors this season you’re factually wrong.
No that wasn’t the argument.

If that’s the list then I wasn’t “factually wrong“ when I said DDG made the same amount of mistakes as Dean Henderson.

Dec9003

No that wasn’t the argument.

If that’s the list then I wasn’t “factually wrong“ when I said DDG made the same amount of mistakes as Dean Henderson.
According to opta nobody has made more mistakes than De Gea with 6, so you are indeed wrong.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well if De Gea has made most mistakes, and you say Henderson has made just as many, then you’re wrong.
Like I said before please explain and prove it. There is not enough detail with the statement.

If Dean made 5 and I didn’t count the Everton as mistake because I considered it as foul. That wasn’t wrong isn’t it?

Dec9003

Like I said before please explain and prove it. There is not enough detail with the statement.

If Dean made 5 and I didn’t count the Everton as mistake because I considered it as foul. That wasn’t wrong isn’t it?
Dean Henderson has made one according to the premier league website.
You prove that Henderson has made five errors, I’ve actually backed up my statement with facts, unlike yourself.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How he's gone from such an amazing keeper to what he's been the last 18 months is crazy. He's even stopped making saves but a lot of the goals he concedes now are goals I'd be pissed off at if a Sunday league keeper let them in.

Crazy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Dean Henderson has made one according to the premier league website.
You prove that Henderson has made five errors, I’ve actually backed up my statement with facts, unlike yourself.
No I didn’t make statement that Dean made 5. I said “what if” he made 5 according to opta because I don’t believe such a thing without detail, that’s why I asked you explanation and proof but you couldn’t back it up.

According to PL website DDG made 2, and if one of them is the Everton game which I included it as foul then both Dean & DDG made the same amount of mistakes this season. So I wasn’t wrong. I have back up my statement with what you called it as ‘’fact“ there.

Dec9003

No I didn’t make statement that Dean made 5. I said “what if” he made 5 according to opta because I don’t believe such a thing without detail, that’s why I asked you explanation and proof but you couldn’t back it up.

According to PL website DDG made 2, and if one of them is the Everton game which I included it as foul then both Dean & DDG made the same amount of mistakes this season. So I wasn’t wrong.
You are wrong.
De Gea made clear errors today and against palace alone, that’s disclosing others (that opta have included) forgotten the palace one?
Please watch this
I’m not going to reply further because you are objectively wrong, and I’ve proven it with multiple respectable sources whilst you’ve made things up.
Have a good evening.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You are wrong.
De Gea made clear errors today and against palace alone, that’s disclosing others (that opta have included) forgotten the palace one?
Please watch this
I’m not going to reply further because you are objectively wrong, and I’ve proven it with multiple respectable sources whilst you’ve made things up.
Have a good evening.
You are objectively using everything to suit your argument that’s not you call it as proven. How is a random statement without detail and proof is called proven?

The EPL website says DDG made 2 so why Opta said 6 then? Your multiple respectable sources are inconsistent, this is why it’s questionable and you have failed to back it up.

DDG errors vs Crystal Palace and today. (2)

Dean errors vs Chelsea and Liverpool. (2)

So how am I wrong? That’s 2 and 2. I can clearly give evidence the errors that they made, unlike yourself.

Dec9003

You are objectively using everything to suit your argument that’s not you call it as proven. How is a random statement without detail and proof is called proven?

The EPL website says DDG made 2 so why Opta said 6 then? Your multiple respectable sources are inconsistent, this is why it’s questionable and you have failed to back it up.

DDG errors vs Crystal Palace and today. (2)

Dean errors vs Chelsea and Liverpool. (2)

So how am I wrong? That’s 2 and 2. I can clearly give evidence the errors that they made, unlike yourself.
so far you've given no evidence, there isn't a clear error leading to a goal from that video and I've had to find his error vs Liverpool myself.
Again, I shouldn't really bother replying since everyone knows you're wrong, but De Gea has made more errors leading to goals than anybody else

Mate its embarrassing.
Trying to call the Chelsea goal an error yet wanting DDG off scott free for the Everton goal is rather amusing.
Confirmation bias at it’s finest.

I personally blame Dave for the City goal also, but that won’t be on any stat anywhere as “glued to your goal line” doesn’t constitute an error even if a bloke heads it from 5 yards our in the middle of the goal.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

I am worried. De Gea need to improve fast. Not reliable anymore.
He hasn't been reliable for a while now.

He's fallen off.

We rewarded his form falling off with a new contract.

I appreciate the incredible keeper he was for those seasons back then, but those days are long gone.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
so far you've given no evidence, there isn't a clear error leading to a goal from that video and I've had to find his error vs Liverpool myself.
Again, I shouldn't really bother replying since everyone knows you're wrong, but De Gea has made more errors leading to goals than anybody else
I have given you the 2 matches where each players made errors and you call it “no evidence”. What about you, you have given me nothing that I can see but just random number from statement. Dean made 2 (against Chelsea & Liverpool), DDG made 2 (against Palace & Watford), I have given both the numbers and the matches where they made errors so why is it not evidence? While all you gave me is number but zero proof what are the matches and zero number for other goalkeeper.

Tell me how DDG got 6 in Opta but 2 in EPL website. Some inconsistency that you keep ignore it. What are those 6 errors and what about other goalie? Why are you keep ignoring these questions?

Dean clearly attempt to catch the ball and dropped it which result in a first goal for Chelsea. How is that not a clear error? :lol: You are clearly being biased here.

Both DDG & Dean pretty much made the same amount of errors this season, if the choice between those two who should be wearing our no 1 and still be forgiven with making errors it has to be Dean. Tell what‘s wrong with my statement.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

I swear I only recall one penalty save from him and it was RVP's in our 8-2 win over Arsenal.

He's got to be one of the worst penalty stoppers in the world.
The ones I can think of:

Everton - Leyton Baines at Old Trafford.

Everton - Lukaku FA cup semi final.

The Arsenal game you referred to. I’m sure that’s about it.

ThinkTank@Cafe

He hasn't been reliable for a while now.

He's fallen off.

We rewarded his form falling off with a new contract.

I appreciate the incredible keeper he was for those seasons back then, but those days are long gone.
Yes. He’s not himself since the World Cup. Our biggest problem this season is not “unlocking deep defense”. we create enough to be in top 4.

Statistically, our biggest problem is unusual Number of mistakes leading to goal. GK is the key factor to this stat. Goals against from corners are unusually disproportionate. Our defense as a unit suffers tremendously because GK is failing on systematic basis.

Dec9003

I have given you the 2 matches where each players made errors and you call it “no evidence”. What about you, you have given me nothing that I can see but just random number from statement.

Dean clearly attempt to catch the ball and dropped it which result in a first goal for Chelsea. How is that not a clear error? :lol: You are clearly being biased here.

Tell me how DDG got 6 in Opta but 2 in EPL website. Some inconsistency that you keep ignore it. What are those 6 errors and what about other goalie? Why are you keep ignoring these questions

Both DDG & Dean pretty much made the same amount of errors this season, if the choice between those two who should be wearing our no 1 and still be forgiven with making errors it has to be Dean. Tell what wrong with my statement.
I'm not going round in circles with you, we're derailing the thread at this point.
Did you not watch the Palace video?
As another poster pointed out, this is getting to Trump levels of deflecting.
All the sources point to De Gea making more errors than Henderson, despite you saying otherwise.
If you disagree take it up with Opta and the actual Premier League, not me.

Red & White

Absolutely love De Gea , but imagine calling out the squad then pulling that sh*t in today’s game. Embarrassing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm not going round in circles with you, we're derailing the thread at this point.
Did you not watch the Palace video?
As another poster pointed out, this is getting to Trump levels of deflecting.
All the sources point to De Gea making more errors than Henderson, despite you saying otherwise.
If you disagree take it up with Opta and the actual Premier League, not me.
You clearly 100% didn’t read my post. I have multiple times told you that I included DDG made error again Palace. I shall upsize it for you.
Dean made 2 (against Chelsea & Liverpool), DDG made 2 (against Palace & Watford),

I have given both the numbers and the matches where they made errors. While all you gave me is number with no detail where the number came from and nothing with other goalkeeper. Beside, DDG got 6 in Opta but 2 in EPL website, can you make up your mind what source do you want to use. 2 of your sources have different number. This is not about Trump levels of deflecting, two of your sources have inconsistent stats and you couldn’t give explanation about it.

Dec9003

You clearly 100% didn’t read my post. I have multiple times told you that I included DDG made error again Palace. I shall upsize it for you.
Dean made 2 (against Chelsea & Liverpool), DDG made 2 (against Palace & Watford),

I have given both the numbers and the matches where they made errors. While all you gave me is number with no detail where the number came from and nothing with other goalkeeper. Beside, DDG got 6 in Opta but 2 in EPL website, can you make up your mind what source do you want to use. 2 of your sources have different number. This is not about Trump levels of deflecting, two of your sources have inconsistent stats and you couldn’t give explanation about it.
The numbers come from Opta and the premier league, I've given you my sources.
If you disagree with them, then you can DM Opta on twitter, and contact the premier league via this website: https://www.premierleague.com/contact/getintouch

BrianLy

What's the realistic plan here for dealing with De Gea, if it's the issue that needs to be dealt with? I personally think he is a problem, but it's a secondary problem being exposed by our inability to create chances/goals in games we need to be easily winning. Not posting my thoughts on chances/goals because it'd be very long and ranges from tactics to players in a range of positions.
  • Drop him ASAP because these mistake have cost us too much. It's unlikely he's making these simple mistakes because he's overconfident. Ole will have to explain this in press conferences. It's pretty bad we have to drop a goalkeeper in this situation because his lack of form is costing us because we create negligible chances and goals.
  • Play him through this and fix the real problem which is a toothless attack when the other team doesn't come at us. Many of us don't have confidence we can fix this quickly, but in theory we could do something in the January window since there is no absolute rule that it can't be impactful on a season.
  • Do a combination of these things. If Ole and management were smart (in my opinion) they'd have engineered these statements as a way to get De Gea out of the team for a bit. Management pretends to crack down and Ole makes some uncomfortable comments. Privately, De Gea and management try to find another solution out of the limelight and bring him back in the new year. This moves the focus on (the real problem which is) our toothless play going forward because De Gea is no longer the problem and the backup keeper doesn't have the same expectations.
I'd hope this is the latter, but I worry it's going to be the first outcome. This will not help his confidence now, or the long term value of him as an asset. It possibly gives some folks who should be feeling more pressure a break because it's drastic action which will come back to bite in a few weeks again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The numbers come from Opta and the premier league, I've given you my sources.
If you disagree with them, then you can DM Opta on twitter, and contact the premier league via this website: https://www.premierleague.com/contact/getintouch
Do you even read? I have just told you that 2 of your sources have different number. You can't ignore that there is question mark with what you provided me.

I have given you my numbers & also which matches to show you how I came up with such numbers that Dean & DDG made errors to back up my statement, I can't think any other errors from the players which you seem also can't do it as well. This should be enough to give you evidence for my statement.

If you want to prove me wrong then you can sort it out with Opta and the premier league how they came up with such a different number.

Dec9003

Do you even read? I have just told you that 2 of your sources have different number. You can't deflect that there is question mark with what you provided me.

I have given you the numbers & also which matches to show you how I came up with such numbers that Dean & DDG made errors to back up my statement, I can't think any other errors from the players which you seem also can't do it as well.

If you want to prove me wrong then you can sort it out with Opta and the premier league how they came up with such a number.
That isn't how a debate works, mate.
If I give you a stat, and give my (reputable) sources, its up to you to prove otherwise, you've failed to do so.
I could go through every match De Gea has made an error (he has made 6) but if I did you'd just claim it to be fake news anyway, so why bother?
Even with your cherry picked videos you've given one to Henderson that blatantly isn't a clear error, which the actual premier league agree with.
so once again, if you disagree with reputable sources, please contact them, if they end up agreeing with you, then we all will too.

SambaBoy

I think the phrase 'bad run of form' does not apply to De Gea anymore. He was terrible towards the back end of last season, literally making mistakes in every game. He's had 1-2 good games this season but the weakness of him never coming off his line has been more and more evident. Add in a few terrible mistakes, and he's a bottom of the half GK this season.

It's an area where we should be proactively looking at replacements now, however he's just signed a bumper contract after years of trying to tie him down so can't see us selling him next summer. If Henderson keeps up his good form at Sheffield United, he deserves a chance at the start of next season providing we don't sign a GK.