Lady Cathy Ferguson - Sir Alex Ferguson's wife has passed away

buchansleftleg

RIP Cathy...so sad that she has gone. People underestimate how big a deal their marriage was back in the day - In a city like Glasgow mixed marriages between protestant and catholic were incredibly rare and they must have faced a lot of prejudice.

Sending love and positive thoughts to the whole family.

Fr. Todd Unctious

RIP Cathy

RIP Cathy...so sad that she has gone. People underestimate how big a deal their marriage was back in the day - In a city like Glasgow mixed marriages between protestant and catholic were incredibly rare and they must have faced a lot of prejudice.

Sending love and positive thoughts to the whole family.

One of the reasons he left Rangers as far as I know albeit reluctantly given he was a local boy and had supported them gowing up. Even though they knew he was married to a Catholic when they signed him.

SungSam7

Makes me worry about him now tbh. I've seen lots of times when someone loses their life partner they lose a little bit of themselves and pass within the next few years. Happened with both sets of my grandparents.
Quite commonly happens with in the first year, let alone years.

Castia

Aww that’s heartbreaking. Thoughts with Sir Alex I hope this doesn’t impact his own health.

RIP Cathy.

Member 128195

Awful news. Thoughts are with Alex and the wider family circle and friends.

RIP Cathy <3

BestRed

Ah that's terrible God help them, rest in peace Mrs. Ferguson.

Drawfull

Shite news, RIP.

I hope SAF gets through it OK, as to me it seems that too often one partner dies of old age and the other apparently to lose the will to live, or carry on. Apologies if that's worded badly.

Irwin99

Very sad news. I was always under the impression that she was his greatest support in a very stressful career. RIP.

crossy1686

career ending
Shite news, RIP.

I hope SAF gets through it OK, as to me it seems that too often one partner dies of old age and the other apparently to lose the will to live, or carry on. Apologies if that's worded badly.
People keep saying this but Fergie is a busy man and has lots to do, he isn't some dothering 80 year old who sits in the house with his missus all day, every day. He'll be absolutely fine and we'll see him out and about soon.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Rest in peace.

I'm sure she had much influence over our most successful period of history and for that alone she must have the well wishing of any United fan.

Xaviboy

Very sad RIP Lady Cathy Ferguson.

Prayers to SAF and his family at this difficult time.