Lady Cathy Ferguson - Sir Alex Ferguson's wife has passed away

Yorke to Cole

I recall reading in the second autobiography, where Sir Alex said where "she raised the 3 sons whilst he was away working" and how Cathy would "wait up for him, whatever time he turned the key."

He could not have achieved and dedicated the time to his management career without her. That I am sure.

Condolences to Sir Alex,their three sons Darren, Jason and Mark and all their grandchildren.

arthurka

Condolences to Fergie and the boys.
Utd owe her a lot, Fergie could do what ever he needed she kept things going at home.

JediSith

RIP.
Thoughts must be with SAF, he’s been with her since 1966. It’s a loss he will never get over. But I hope his son, brother and family etc find a way to stay in regular physical contact with him.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
57 years married.. incredible.

Glad they got to enjoy 10 years of retirement together, but it's very sad.

RIP

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
RIP. Have always seen her as a strong woman. She talked Fergie out of quitting United, both are legends.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
RIP to Cathy. I remember my mum telling me a story of SAF and Cathy. My mum worked in an electrical store and SAF and Cathy came in to get a new oven. SAF first got a bollocking from her for not showing an interest in a new oven. Then when he ventured an opinion, he received a reply of what does he know about ovens?
Probably was the only person in the world who could treat SAF that way and still get his devotion
:lol: That's fantastic, and I imagine he loved and valued being kept grounded in that manner.

They were a remarkable couple. RIP Cathy.

Charlie Foley

RIP to Cathy. I remember my mum telling me a story of SAF and Cathy. My mum worked in an electrical store and SAF and Cathy came in to get a new oven. SAF first got a bollocking from her for not showing an interest in a new oven. Then when he ventured an opinion, he received a reply of what does he know about ovens?
Probably was the only person in the world who could treat SAF that way and still get his devotion
:lol: :lol:

Bondi77

My commiserations to the great man regarding the loss of his loved one.

Norris

Rest in Peace Lady Cathy. Condolences to the Fergie Family.

garelo

Oh no i cant imagine what SAF has to go through atm. RIP Lady Catchy, thanks for what you did in 01/02, that was my first season following united properly, thanks to you i had privilege of another 10 years of Sir Alex. :(

Very sad to hear. More affected by this than any Utd decade of shiteness.

Now I just hope like many other older couples that Sir Alex doesn't go somewhat shortly afterwards.

After years of extreme commitment to his work he finally quit when her sister passed, and spent ten years with her. A chunk of which were spent recovering from his brain haemorrhage. She encouraged him to keep working and stood by him as his rock and support. Is the epitome of a good partner and likely quite hard to find in today's society.

Thoughts with Sir Alex as he deals with the loss.
This what worries me too and we are so far far away of winning league atm, atleast Sir Matt was able to witness his club winning the league in the last months of his life. :(

Marcelinho87

Rest in Peace but also congratulations to them both as almost 6 decades of a loving marriage is absolutely winning in life and as such it should be celebrated not just mourned.

Strength to Sir Alex and his family members.

owlo

RIP Cathy. Hopefully Sir Alex can cherish the memories. Great innings.

Rest in Peace but also congratulations to them both as almost 6 decades of a loving marriage is absolutely winning in life and as such it should be celebrated not just mourned.

Strength to Sir Alex and his family members.
The only sad thing I feel is that SAF will have wanted to go first. Other than that, long happy and fulfilled life, nothing to be scared of in the cycle of life and death at that age.

AneRu

Surely a devastating loss for the great man, so sad. RIP to Lady Cathy and heartfelt condolences to the Ferguson family.

SteveCoppellFan

Terrible news, RIP Lady Cathy.

This seems like a bolt out of the blue, had she been ill for a while or something totally unexpected ?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
RIP lady Cathy, an absolute queen and every bit as crucial to its success as saf.