Lautaro Martinez

Ramos

Seems a bit underrated on here. Inter's best player and probably top 3 in the Serie A.

Does play better with another striker partnering him tough.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Finishing is one of his strong traits. A few bad games in the World Cup doesn't change that.
I never mentioned the WC, so not sure where you got that from. He missed a boatload of chances in the CL as well.

As I said, do not want.

NoPace

He works hard, inconsistent finisher, but hasn't really had a bad season ever.

I don't care about him flopping at the World Cup, he says he couldn't even kick a ball with his injury when he got to Qatar and he was loaded up with injections for the pain.

Bit worrying that he plays in a pair, but Rashford or Garnacho will be looking to score at LW so it will often look a front 2. Stylistically, I think it makes sense, same as with Jonathan David. Someone who works hard, can drop deep and link play, good goalscoring record. Would be a massive upgrade, even if he's never going to win the ballon D'or.

zaafi

I never mentioned the WC, so not sure where you got that from. He missed a boatload of chances in the CL as well.

As I said, do not want.
I assumed you meant the World Cup because he had some awful performances, and particularly his finishing was bad there.
Haaland misses a boatload of chances, but it doesn't make him a bad finisher. It's part of being a striker.
Martinez is a good finisher. If you don't want him, then that's fine, but not wanting him because you think he's a bad finisher is a bit odd.

daba

Would prefer Kane over him but let's be honest the difference between Lautaro and what we currently have is night and day.
Comparing him with Weghorst and Martial....like VW vs Trabant.
Yep I think if Kane isn’t gettable Lautaro isn’t a bad shout and he’s markedly better than what we’ve had to endure this season.

Lautaro £50m plus Martial
and Hojlund for £50m

Something like this would be pretty good business.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I honestly don’t watch Serie A much. Will have to take it on faith he is a good player from the Caftards that do watch it. I only really ever watched him during the World Cup, when he was one of the worst strikers I have ever seen. Literally completely useless. I’ll try and consign that memory to the dustbin of history and keep an open mind if we are linked with him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Seems like a Tevez/Falcao level player. Can finish with both feet, gets plenty of assists, little bit of scruffy dribbler but tends to go past people anyway, brilliant workrate, good fight in him, and scores more than his fair share of headers for a lad who's 5'9".

Would absolutely settle for him rather than Kane/Osimhen if it meant we were getting a world class midfielder and keeper.

Edwards6

Could see us going for him if we can't get Kane or Osimhen, just hope if we do get a cheaper striker we use the money we save to get a midfielder like Caceido

El Jefe

Some of you are exposing yourselves as casuals. He was fecking shite at the world cup but he's been on fire the second half of this season. He's more well rounded than any striker we're linked with other than Kane.

Last edited:

pacifictheme

I honestly don’t watch Serie A much. Will have to take it on faith he is a good player from the Caftards that do watch it. I only really ever watched him during the World Cup, when he was one of the worst strikers I have ever seen. Literally completely useless. I’ll try and consign that memory to the dustbin of history and keep an open mind if we are linked with him.
I am sure he was coming back from injury in the world cup / not fully fit. I don't watch serie a much either.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We are not linked with him anyways and that's good for us. He is good player but not what we need.

croadyman

Some of you are exposing yourselves as casuals. He was fecking shite at the world cup but he's been on fire the second half of this season. He's more well rounded than any striker we're linked with other than Kane.
Yeah wouldn't be against him and a Thuram or dare I say it Benzema (no chance)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Same stature, about half the explosiveness. Don’t see him working in the PL at all
Much stronger though, better in the air(he's legitimately a dangerous aerial threat), back to goal and a better passer/better at playing for his teammates. He also plays like a bull seeing red, his nickname is pretty apt

His one big weakness - besides the lack of elite pace and burst - is that he's streaky as hell. Can go through periods where he's pretty bad, especially in front of goal. In the good periods though, like this one, he's one of the scariest strikers around.

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
I read somewhere that Lautaro has played in all matches in all competitions for Inter this season. Checked it up and seems true but can't guarantee. But quite impressive if so.

jesperjaap

I have probably seen him 10/12 times and he has scored maybe 3/4 times in those games which isnt bad at all, but I feel I must be watching the wrong games as he seems very highly rated and not seen much from him at all to be convinced, literally only stood out in one game to me

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
This year I couldn't follow Man Utd, nor EPL, bar City in their last 7 matches, my two cents are that:

In City I've seen Erling (from Finland? can't recall), he worked his arse off, he has THE size, he is always going into positions with great stamina, not much of dribbling, big but not precisely a powerful shot, he seems that he can't score that much (he is really young) but he pretty much wants to be involved, he might evolved in a prolific striker but at least he works a lot as a pivot.

Another fella I must admit I watched him once in a KO in the WC, but oh boy that lad has confidence in himself and grit, he entered with the match pretty much resolved, scored from an outrageous header, created caos with his attitude and winning mentality taking no prisoners, big size, big attitude, he played for Holland and I think Man Utd should go for him,
his name is Wout sthg,

About this Lautaro, I don't follow Serie A, but what can I say it's bellow trash, like La Liga, or the Frogs League, Southhampton would win any of those Leagues.

PD: Just watched some highlights and we should keep an eye on Mitoma and Sterling, both still pretty young and the sky is the ceiling once they just improve a bit their decision making

Abraxas

He's a weird one.

Every time I see him the overall level of his performance is abysmal. You're sat there scratching your head about why this is a name constantly at the forefront of strikers in Europe.

Then you look at his goals, his consistency, his overall stats which are pretty great across the board in Italy, and it tells a completely different story.

I guess it comes down to how much Italian league you watch. Clearly a very good player. Suited to the PL? Who knows.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's best played off a striker, so unless we're shifting Bruno or changing our entire set-up, I don't see a place for him in our set-up.

He's not a lone striker.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He's a weird one.

Every time I see him the overall level of his performance is abysmal. You're sat there scratching your head about why this is a name constantly at the forefront of strikers in Europe.

Then you look at his goals, his consistency, his overall stats which are pretty great across the board in Italy, and it tells a completely different story.

I guess it comes down to how much Italian league you watch. Clearly a very good player. Suited to the PL? Who knows.
Sounds a bit like Lukaku, and sadly we know all to well how that goes.

Hughie77

I wouldn't hang my hat on him being the Answer to our Striker issues, but I do like him he's aggressive puts himself about maybe the Prem would suit Him?

Some how I think EtH is looking for a bit more, from a striker and Kane is the ideal guy , something tells me Kane will be unavailable to Utd .

croadyman

I wouldn't hang my hat on him being the Answer to our Striker issues, but I do like him he's aggressive puts himself about maybe the Prem would suit Him?

Some how I think EtH is looking for a bit more, from a striker and Kane is the ideal guy , something tells me Kane will be unavailable to Utd .
Wish we could get him as the experienced one and Hojlund as the development one,however doubt we spend nearly £100m on two strikers with other issues

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
This year I couldn't follow Man Utd, nor EPL, bar City in their last 7 matches, my two cents are that:

In City I've seen Erling (from Finland? can't recall), he worked his arse off, he has THE size, he is always going into positions with great stamina, not much of dribbling, big but not precisely a powerful shot, he seems that he can't score that much (he is really young) but he pretty much wants to be involved, he might evolved in a prolific striker but at least he works a lot as a pivot.

Another fella I must admit I watched him once in a KO in the WC, but oh boy that lad has confidence in himself and grit, he entered with the match pretty much resolved, scored from an outrageous header, created caos with his attitude and winning mentality taking no prisoners, big size, big attitude, he played for Holland and I think Man Utd should go for him,
his name is Wout sthg,

About this Lautaro, I don't follow Serie A, but what can I say it's bellow trash, like La Liga, or the Frogs League, Southhampton would win any of those Leagues.

PD: Just watched some highlights and we should keep an eye on Mitoma and Sterling, both still pretty young and the sky is the ceiling once they just improve a bit their decision making
Please introduce yourself...

Zoo

Wish we could get him as the experienced one and Hojlund as the development one,however doubt we spend nearly £100m on two strikers with other issues
Lautaro is only 25, not even at his peak. If Hojlund is seen as potentially the real deal his path shouldn't be blocked.

Hughie77

Can't see us buying 2 either and I've got a feeling Greenwood will be back , if so then Hojlund could well be the one they buy? There not splashing £100 million or any where near it for Kane plus Levy who's a Cnut anyway so leave some other club mess about trying to buy him.

croadyman

Can't see us buying 2 either and I've got a feeling Greenwood will be back , if so then Hojlund could well be the one they buy? There not splashing £100 million or any where near it for Kane plus Levy who's a Cnut anyway so leave some other club mess about trying to buy him.
Still waiting for the tier 1's to comment on the future of the unmentionable one

Erics_Collar

Inappropriate Content
Anyone who suggests this joker as a target for us needs to be burned alive.

Any time I've watched him, he's been laughably bad. Again tonight.

Higuain in a hairpiece.

AnotherLondonManc

Anyone who suggests this joker as a target for us needs to be burned alive.

Any time I've watched him, he's been laughably bad. Again tonight.

Higuain in a hairpiece.
Doesn't seem a big game player, does he?

I think we could do worse but he's not for me

AndySmith1990

He's one of those players I only watch in big games (why else would I watch Argentina or Inter) and every time he's shite. Like Lakaku he's probably one of those flat track bullies who pad stats against crap teams