Lawro's "predictions"

Northstand

As the season draws towards the finale they get stronger and stronger. I tipped Chelsea at the start of the season, but if someone would let me change to Man Utd I would be very happy.....

Blackburn always give anyone a game at home, they have a good record at Ewood Park and they will like getting stuck into Chelsea.

All is not well at Chelsea, they were second best against Inter Milan in midweek and I think Inter were probably better in nine of the 11 positions.

You would be forgiven for thinking old Lawro is going for United to steal a march on Chelsea, given his above comments.

His predictions: United 1 Liverpool 1, Blackburn 1 Chelsea 2 :lol::lol:

Rahul

It should just be called "Lawro's wild stab in the dark"

There was actually a week where he got nothing right. The guy down the pub could do his section on the BBC.

And better !

MikeeMike

i have to say i get annoyed by this Lawro vs b*llox only because i’m guessing the bbc paying for it and he predicts 99.9% of game s either 0-0 1-0 or 2-1 (either way). Liverpool away against so called top 6 was 1-1 every time.

i just hate the “football expert” tag line... respect due as a player and didnt mind his MOTD banality but this gets air time every week... At least try to realisticly predict games...

Bola

106 actually.

2 full seasons plus 30 games.
That is shocking

I think Lawro is a poor pundit outside of his predictions anyway. Boring, miserable and sounds like he can't be arrsed

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Is this for real?
Yep. I remember the first season thinking ‘feck sake’

Then the second unbeatable season ‘ok this has gone too far’

Then 30 games in unbeaten this season ‘is this a bet or something?’

Granted Liverpool have only lost 1 this season but still, rudiculous

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
the only explanation I have for him still being employed by the BBC is that he has some compromising information on someone.

I don't say this lightly considering the number of poor pundits in the game, but Lawro, for me, is the worst of the lot. Comes across like a bitter, sarky twat that seems to take no joy from the game.

MikeeMike

i have to say i get annoyed by this Lawro vs b*llox only because i’m guessing the bbc paying for it and he predicts 99.9% of game s either 0-0 1-0 or 2-1 (either way). Liverpool away against so called top 6 was 1-1 every time.

i just hate the “football expert” tag line... respect due as a player and didnt mind his MOTD banality but this gets air time every week... At least try to realisticly predict games...

I have to say he is very irritating . I would suggest an alternative league where we expertly predict his predictions ... so annoying he gets air time a an “expert” im not sure he really does anything...As you say.. 0-0 1-0 or 2-1 for almost every match

Schneckerl

This is actually the best way to get most scores correct in the long run.

Pagh Wraith

I have to say he is very irritating . I would suggest an alternative league where we expertly predict his predictions ... so annoying he gets air time a an “expert” im not sure he really does anything...As you say.. 0-0 1-0 or 2-1 for almost every match
That's the way to do it, though. I won our World Cup betting game by looking at the correct score and total goals betting markets and then doing the math and picking the result with the highest EV. It is always 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 or (when there is a big favourite) 2-0. It makes no sense to pick any other scoreline.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There's been a few studies on his predictions and he's one of few who is reliable and comfortably profitable. He'd clean up most work prediction leagues.

As Pagh Wraith says, you're pretty much doing it wrong if you ever predict outside of 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-0, and 2-1.

People getting angry at him never predicting Liverpool to lose is hilarious. They are probably odds against winning only when playing City in the league. Maybe a couple of other away games too. He's predicting individual match results, not Liverpool's win-draw-loss record by the end of the season.