Leaders on the Training Field

Green_Red

Keane used to do the same. Think it was Rio who said that he walked in one his first session feeling like the cock of the walk. Then Keane started firing really hard passes at him and making life hard to show him that his big fee meant nothing.
Rio said Ole nugmegged him in training early on and scored a goal and said "how much?" when he walked away. Or something similar.

RedCurry

Having and not having these types of players can have long-term implications. You want generation after generation of players making sure that the new players are meeting the standards. If you leave a bunch of highly paid men in a group, it doesn't take too long for it to become a frat house. This is why Fergie would keep some older players in the squad way after their sell-by date. At City you just know Kompany is the club's leader who keeps personalities in check so the manager can focus on training methods instead of all the politics.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If this type of character is critical, who do you think the players are at Manchester City and Liverpool who act like this on behalf of the team?
City: Kompany and Silva (D), also I wouldn't be surprised if Gundogan too, he may not be an obvious one, but he's always been strong willed and opinionated, I doubt he'd be shy.

Liverpool: Henderson, Milner and Van Dijk. Robertson and Wijnaldum seem very strong willed too, maybe add them to the list.

I agree, but this sticks in my mind:

Leaked Whatsapp message from the Rep. Ireland camp.
This is why when people suggest Roy should comeback in some form of coaching capacity at United I just laugh.
And that's not even taking into account that his coaching and managerial career is pretty average.

I can just about deal with his few appearances on TV but never in a million years would I want him back at United.

crossy1686

career ending
This is why when people suggest Roy should comeback in some form of coaching capacity at United I just laugh.
And that's not even taking into account that his coaching and managerial career is pretty average.

I can just about deal with his few appearances on TV but never in a million years would I want him back at United.
Part of me wants to let Keane loose on some of our soft squad members, just to remind people of the expectations of being a United player. But then I do dislike this current crop of United players and I don’t care how upset they get that someone shouted at them or questioned their commitment.

I also noticed that the comments on YouTube from Irish fans were in full support of Keane for calling out those who have shirked international duty before.

Part of me wants to let Keane loose on some of our soft squad members, just to remind people of the expectations of being a United player. But then I do dislike this current crop of United players and I don’t care how upset they get that someone shouted at them or questioned their commitment.

I also noticed that the comments on YouTube from Irish fans were in full support of Keane for calling out those who have shirked international duty before.
That's hardly surprising,to be honest.
Much like here everyone expects athletes to just turn it on all the time.That's why we're humans and not robots.
But I dont think Keane has any real knowledge or interest in sport psychology.He's quite behind the times in that respect.

Web of Bissaka

Fergie once told the story of how Vidic seriously defend even in training. One time Vidic hard tackled Saha, and Fergie told him to "watch the tackle!" since Saha is injury prone and all. "Sorry boss." Vidic said and then he continue making hard tackles on other players. Fergie was smiling when he said this.

Scholes also did strong challenge to young Paul Pogba in training, then said he had to so the kids can learn quickly. EPL is a different game compare to youth football. I'm sure he love to do his trademark hard tackles on our other players as well.

C. Ronaldo's hardworking attitude in training. That's inspiring. I think there was a video showing Ronaldo stayed behind like usual extra practice after training session done and then Rooney opted for once to joined him and they had a nice one-on-one. I'm sure more players are also influence by this.

Fletcher spent a lot of times on building up his muscles when he's breaking through, he was so skinny back then, and one time Keane said something to him, Darren agrees and took his advice. That's Fletcher having the right attitude when teammates offers suggestions or comments.

O'Shea is also a hardworker in trainings, competitive, and did a lot of muscle workouts. Many of our players narrated that.

Zlatan, the most recent examples, I think he said something like he told some players in training sessions when he's with us to do better. Subtle hints of that when he made that comments in interview. And we also know he's a hardworker in training.

:nervous: Maybe I got some details wrong there, since this is based on memories of reading articles and seen interviews videos from good sources and but generally the stories goes something like that.