Supports
Everton
21st December 2021

Arsenal 19:45 Sunderland

22nd December 2021

Brentford 19:45 Chelsea
Liverpool 19:45 Leicester
Tottenham 19:45 West Ham

Some decent games. Shame that the Leicester game isn’t on tonight too. Would have liked to watch that and the Spurs game.

Statue of Limitations

A surprising number of big teams left in there, guess I'm hoping for Sunderland to cause an upset and maybe Brentford.

Probably best for us if LCFC and West Ham qualify in terms of clogging up their schedule.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I hope Leicester and Arsenal remain in the League Cup till the end for obvious reasons
Spurs and West Ham will self-destruct in the league which is their typical style anyway so a shortened cup run won’t make a difference

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Prediction on who makes it through:

Arsenal
Brentford (not sure where Chelsea are at with numbers)
Dippers
Spurs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Who knocked out City?

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Wouldn’t mind winning a Coca Cola cup to be honest. Not like it’s an easy trophy to win either.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Brentford have a good chance to go through as Chelsea are in a rough patch and with their style of play they should cause them some problems. Good chance for some of the teams in need of a trophy to get one in this competition. Liverpool have thrown this most of the time under Klopp and I don't see that changing.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Wouldn’t mind winning a Coca Cola cup to be honest. Not like it’s an easy trophy to win either.
We haven't been hit too bad by Covid for now so we should still use it to rotate and give gametime to the likes of Pepe, Cedric, Balogun and AMN. They will be needed at some point in the run-in. Curious to see if Liverpool and Chelsea will give this a go or focus on the league.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We haven't been hit too bad by Covid for now so we should still use it to rotate and give gametime to the likes of Pepe, Cedric, Balogun and AMN. They will be needed at some point in the run-in. Curious to see if Liverpool and Chelsea will give this a go or focus on the league.
Do you think AMN will be let go this window? I wouldn't be surprised if we revisited that deal.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Are Brentford still missing a few with Covid? Can't find any info anywhere.

I'd expect us to play a severely weakened side. The players out that i know of are Kante, Lukaku, Werner, Havertz, Christensen, RLC, Chilwell, Chalobah and Callum Hudson Odoi. I also expect Tuchel to rest as many players as he can for Villa so i wouldn't be surprised to see a team like the below:

Kepa,

Azpi Sarr Rudiger Silva Saul

Barkley Kovacic

Ziyech Mount Pulisic

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Do you think AMN will be let go this window? I wouldn't be surprised if we revisited that deal.
I don't know, he should get some gametime when Partey departs for AFCON and Xhaka is getting sold at some point, there is a spot to take in the squad at least. Most of our budget will get used on a striker in the summer but obviously if we can get an Iwobi/Willock deal then we'll probably let him go and reinvest. I'd love for him to step up and join Saka/ESR/Martinelli.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We are not going to see a sterile Pep and Co. feigning joy with their little medals?

Hopefully they win the league so we can still see some form of robotic commemoration.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think we'll rotate heavily considering we play Leeds on Sunday then Leicester away two days later. I have a feeling Spurs are going to win it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Didn't realise Sunderland were racist. Is it just in the PL that the knee is taken?

white text

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If this keeps going this way, I will switching to Sevilla vs Barca. Sunderland players are slow.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
Let's not forget this

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Time for Sevilla game in the pouring rain. Arsenal put this to bed quick with that second goal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know it’s only Sunderland who have been trash but Arsenal have been ruthless and excellent tonight. Some lovely football and goals.

Cpt Negative

I know it’s only Sunderland who have been trash but Arsenal have been ruthless and excellent tonight. Some lovely football and goals.
I thought Sunderland have done quiet well given their a league one team. Had more than their fair share of chances in the game

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought Sunderland have done quiet well given their a league one team. Had more than their fair share of chances in the game
Bit too spineless for me against a youthful/barely played this season Arsenal side. Pepe has absolutely dicked that Hume lad all night.

Cpt Negative

Bit too spineless for me against a youthful/barely played this season Arsenal side. Pepe has absolutely dicked that Hume lad all night.
Pepe cost £70m and Arsenal have started with 3-4 of their starting XI. Not seeing any kids in the starting X1 either

they are a league one team for a reason

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pepe cost £70m and Arsenal have started with 3-4 of their starting XI. Not seeing any kids in the starting X1 either

Soares, Holding, Leno, Elneny, Balogun and Nketiah have barely played this season. The rest are young players aside from Pepe, though have obvious qualities (I didn’t say kids).

I don’t expect them to be winning 4-0 but they’ve put up a pitiful performance compared to some lower league sides that take on a better and depleted opponent.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Great to see young Patino finally get a debut & nice for him to get a goal. Can't have been far off his first touch?

Cpt Negative

Soares, Holding, Leno, Elneny, Balogun and Nketiah have barely played this season. The rest are young players aside from Pepe, though have obvious qualities (I didn’t say kids).

I don’t expect them to be winning 4-0 but they’ve put up a pitiful performance compared to some lower league sides that take on a better and depleted opponent.
I think we will have to agree to disagree, unless I’m watching a different game they’ve put up a decent account for a league one team.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal

Our kids ARE our starting XI. Also...

Nketiah - 22
Odegaard - 22
Smith-Rowe - 21
Balogun - 20

However, we really should be dispatching Sunderland, they're two leagues below us. But it was cool to see Patino score on his debut.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think we will have to agree to disagree, unless I’m watching a different game they’ve put up a decent account for a league one team.
They have been dreadful defensively. They had a couple of chances but they could have been far more compact and got a result tonight but they played naively and poorly for me. The division disparity is taken away a little for me when the majority of the side you’re playing isn’t one that’s playing each week and shouldn’t be up to match speed but c’est la vie. Agree to disagree.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

My money is on Leicester.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
3 teenagers making their debuts.