Lee O'Connor

Discussion in 'Reserve/Youth Forum' started by jb8521, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Apr 14, 2019

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

That isn't true though. He played their plenty enough and his reading of the game is his best attribute.
  2. Apr 14, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

We've top 4 to lose.

We need it ideally, August is a clean slate and if points are dropped in August it won't hurt us as much as losing them in April. The pressure is immense at the moment I'd say for Ole to get Top 4. I don't think he'll be sacked but I'd say the board still put it to him that's what he should still achieve.

The summer is vital, rebuild and introduce these young lads properly as more consistent starts then. Not when the pressure is on and he still most likely doesn't know what he wants fully from the team.
  3. Apr 14, 2019

Kostov Full Member

My deal with bashing Ole? Bashing? Can I not criticize some of the stupid decisions he makes? Or we are going to pretend that all he does is perfect?

How's that everyone gets a clean slate and than you go and spout bullshit about selling Fellaini? Fellaini was actually much more useful than shit like Rojo. So that does not cut here. No not everyone should get a clean slate imo. Players have been here long enough and failed to deliver. Even under his tenure players failed to deliver and yet get 90 minutes week in week out.

He's making good decisions but also some appalling ones. Just like Mourinho he seems to have picked favorites and never gets them out. Lingard yesterday, Rashford midweek and there are other examples. He could have picked Pereira yesterday instead of Mata who does not want to sigh a new contract here. And we can go on and on. Just because it's ole does not mean that we should stick our head in the sand and warship.
  4. Apr 14, 2019

0le Full Member

SAF was very careful giving debuts to young players. He was very careful in introducing them slowly to the team through mostly the league cup, fa cup or the last few minutes of a PL game. The exception was Rooney and maybe Ronaldo, though I remember Ronaldo was regularly on the bench in his first season.

Some of the comments regarding Ole here have been ridiculous. Lee will be introduced if and when the coaching staff and Ole feel he is ready. This won't just be determined just by what you guys see, which is the youth football. It'll also be based on attitude off the pitch and training sessions. Just let the young players develop and be glad that there is technology now that we can watch some of that development through the youth games. Calling for youth players to start is fine - but resenting and labelling incumbent managers when they don't is ridiculous and nonsense. I understand that there is a grey area in some cases, but you cannot seriously believe Ole has not given a chance to some youth...
  5. Apr 14, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Don't worry, playing like that with that in game management and team selections top 4 is pretty much done. I'd gladly eat my words but that is the circle of shitstorms at this club as it seems.
  6. Apr 14, 2019

TwoSheds More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Greenwood did well when he came on, played his part in the win for sure. Shane we don't have a manager who puts his faith in youth though. :(
  7. Apr 14, 2019

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

O'Connor always plays at full back, what are you on about? He's one of the best defensive full backs of his age group, how can you say he's not positionally good?
  8. Apr 14, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

It's very much far from done!

Have you seen Arsenals away form? Two wins (Huddersfield & Blackpool) in 12. They play Watford, Wolves, Burnley and Leicester still all away. They will lose at least 2 of those I reckon.

Chelsea are hit n miss, play us still and Watford as well.

Spurs still to play City, West Ham and Everton.

As for game management, he's made some odd choices with Young at CB which is very bizarre. Still he is doing so much better than Jose was with the same group. He needs time and the summer to put his own mark on the side.
  9. Apr 14, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Forget about Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, we’ve been bad and that is worrying me. Some strange decisions by Ole as well. I think we will miss out.
  10. Apr 14, 2019

He played a fair bit at CB for the u18/19s because he was so good defensively for the team. But yea, he's played almost as much at full back and his defensive awareness and maturity are his best attributes so it's a ridiculous take to claim he has poor positioning.
  11. Apr 14, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

We can't forget about them, they are our rivals. They will drop points.

I can see us beating Everton, Chelsea, Huddersfield and Cardiff. Even three of them and a draw will get us across the line I reckon.

City will beat us probably though.
  12. Apr 14, 2019

POF Full Member

Except he didn't. He played mainly at centre back at u18/19 level or even in midfield. I don't think he played at full back more than 5 times in 2 years at u18 level.

He's played more at full back for the u23s under the expert tutelage of Sbragia. It's really mind boggling why he's not coming on in leaps and bounds.
  13. Apr 14, 2019

Kostov Full Member

If we don't improve fast and drastically, we won't beat Chelsea neither Everton away.
  14. Apr 14, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

76 Points will probably do for top-4. For us that means 4 wins - and the last 2 I simply can't see us not winning. (Huddersfield away, and Cardiff at home). Needless to say - that match at Everton will be deciding.

Arsenal will need to get 13 Points in their last 6 games to reach 76 and beat us on GD - and they have some tough games away.
    Spurs have 3 Points on us and superior GD - so they only need 9 Points from 5 games. They should get that.
    Chelsea with a defeat today will need 10 Points from their last 4 games to reach 76 Points.
  15. Apr 14, 2019

Kostov Full Member

I've seen the remaining fixtures and everyone is on better odds than us imo.

Arsenal will pick up some points away, is bound to happen, Spurs will get there and it will probably be it.
  16. Apr 14, 2019

He played over 15 times at fullback for the u18/19s. He played in midfield like once.

None of which changes the fact you claiming he has poor defensive positioning is absolutely ridiculous.
  17. Apr 14, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

We've already beaten Chelsea! The 2-2 game we were robbed by a 96th min goal from Barkley. If anything we should be 2-0 against them.

Think you are being overly defeatist here. Ole has played 16 PL games, won 12, drawn 2, lost 2 giving us 38 pts from a maximum of 48 pts.

Yes we've dropped off compared to his start but his start was never going to continue in a similar vain, he was over achieving with those opening 10 games.

None of the other top sides have as a good a record in their last 16 games, Not even Liverpool with 37 pts from 48.
  18. Apr 14, 2019

deadrevelz New Member

The only pressure will come from Ole himself. The idea that he is 'expected' to get top four is ridiculous. We are only in with a shout because of our great run under him.
  19. Apr 14, 2019

Kostov Full Member

What is our record in the last 6-7 games? The momentum has dropped and it’s not defeatest to be realistic and say as it is.
  20. Apr 14, 2019

WLLWLWL
  21. Apr 14, 2019

Alright none of this has anything to do with Lee O'Connor anymore so kindly feck off to some other thread.
  22. May 2, 2019

Training with the first team with Angel, Jimmy, and Chong.
  23. May 3, 2019

POF Full Member

That's fantastic news. I hope he impresses. I always thought McKenna really rated him and was surprised he didn't get the call up previously.
  24. May 3, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Play the kid over Young for feck sake.
  25. May 3, 2019

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Any idea why Greenwood didn't train?
  26. May 3, 2019

Mickson Full Member

Injured.
  27. Jun 3, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

Starting at right-back for Rep. of Ireland u21 team against China at the Toulon Tournament live on FreeSports Ch. 422
  28. Jun 4, 2019

Kaglish10 Full Member

How did he do? He could save us some cash on another RB.
  29. Jun 4, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

He is future RB for us.
  30. Jun 4, 2019

Adnan Full Member

I've heard he prefers playing CB and has thrown a strop on a few occasions when deployed at fullback. @jb8521 will know for sure..
  31. Jun 4, 2019

jb8521 Full Member

I highly doubt that's true, he doesn't seem the type to throw strops & from what I've heard he sees himself more as a full back than cb.
  32. Jun 4, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

I had to go out 5 minutes after my original post so didn't see the match, A talented lad but not sure he'll make it at United more because of stature than ability.

Just can't imagine that, not at United anyway, and it's with the Republic nobody is listening because he's always played rb/lb or right-midfield for them.
  33. Jun 5, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Him and Laird make me think we will go for a LB instead this summer. He’ll go on tour, right?
  34. Jul 12, 2019

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
  35. Jul 12, 2019

Robbo* New Member

Shame he didn’t but sounds like he has internationals
  36. Jul 12, 2019

Shame we're missing about 10 others who are with their first teams. Our u19s are stacked and had an actual chance.
  37. Jul 12, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Yeah, that's a shame, but it will be a good experience for him to get some tournament success hopefully ;)
  38. Jul 15, 2019

fitzmertz New Member

He is playing in central midfield for Ireland against Norway in the European u19 championship. Currently losing 1-0
  39. Jul 15, 2019

Do you know if the game televised?
  40. Jul 15, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

Yes losing 1-0 67 minutes gone.
  41. Jul 18, 2019

fitzmertz New Member

He should be playing this evening 6pm BST against France U19s it’s televised on RTE 2