Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

NinjaFletch

You'd be forgiven for thinking they won today given the fecking wanking off Sky was giving them.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
Bielsa does one thing that no manager could. Make a game entertaining even if his team is losing badly. He understands the importance of entertainment in football.

Bwuk

Got to say it’s impressive how there heads never went down.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I was meant to post this here

3 points above Arsenal who get slagged off constantly.

They play an exciting style but are they actually that good?

It's like a boxer who doesn't guard and just swings punches. This Leeds side could get found out by sides this se ason

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The early goals we scored really shooked him. Biesla needs to learn that he isn't coaching a top team. He sometimes has to adapt his gameplan against a better team. Leaving Phillips in the hole by himself was suicidal against a team like us. But, maybe another day his plan would have worked, however 8/10 we will always be favorite with such an appropriate like that.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They still have 5 wins and 17 points and a team with young, exciting players.

I think most Leeds fans would take being back in the PL and spanking Newcastle midweek.

They are still a newly promoted side against a very expensively assembled team with world class players.

paulscholes18

It's like a boxer who doesn't guard and just swings punches. This Leeds side could get found out by sides this se ason
Basically Leeds are to footballing version of Deontay Wilder

They are good but don’t think many of their players are premiership quality, only Phillips and Bamford for me are

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
For all the Sky love-in, they're ridiculously naive playing like that. I've no admiration for it.
Exactly. What good will the admiration be when they run out of energy and teams pick them apart.

They're like a more naive Liverpool side from 3 years ago.

Irwin99

LVG vs Leicester moment, has to be. They have to rethink that no matter how commendable and entertaining it is. The midfield gaps were just :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City

They're a championship team who've come into the premier league and are throwing themselves head first at the big dogs. Sure they're gonna get eaten alive occasionally but I'd take a boxer who slugs it out with no guard over a Tony Pulis styled boxer who hides in the corner for 12 rounds. Comparison to Arsenal are hugely unfair. One has Patrick Bamford up front, the other Auba. One has players like Lacazette on the bench.

They'll get trashed, they'll hand out trashing and everything in between. I'd much rather them than fecking West Brom, Burnley, Newcastle etc..

el3mel

This was honestly a shocking management from Bielsa. He looked uninterested at all in his team shipping 4 goals in first half. They could have scored 2 or 3 more goals but on the expense of losing 10 or so. This is just ridiculous. Play attacking football all you want but care a little bit about organizing your team defensively away from home ?

They're really stupid and ridiculously naive.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

They will beat teams playing like that and good luck to them.

Who would you rather want in the PL; Burnley,WBA,Wolves? I’d never switch on to watch them

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
My mate is a Leeds fan and he’s serious that they will finish above us. On current form I can’t argue with him. At least they play attractive football and the team looks like they put in 100% effort.
You and your mate better get your knees checked.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic game but it was genuinely mind-boggling. A lot of managers get stick for being out of their depth but Bielsa's tactics were non-existent.
No there’s a tactic there.

el3mel

Bilic who got sacked by West Brom played a much better tactical game against us at Old Trafford. Just shows how stupid he was today.

Foxbatt

Biesla was screaming at his translator. Is the translator also screaming at the players in English?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

Arsenal are slagged off constantly because they're not a team that should be in 15th. Leeds are a team whose primary aim is avoiding relegation, so sitting 3pts above Arsenal in 14th isn't really something you can bash them with.

Sure, the way they play is naive at times, but if they can maintain this all season they'll probably complete their objective of staying in the league. They concede a lot, but they also score much more than the clubs they'll be scrapping against.

L1nk

Problem for Bielsa I think is he doesn't have the defensive quality needed to pull off what he truly wants to pull off at Leeds, he needs some top quality defenders in order to do it.

Gasolin

This was honestly a shocking management from Bielsa. He looked uninterested at all in his team shipping 4 goals in first half. They could have scored 2 or 3 more goals but on the expense of losing 10 or so. This is just ridiculous. Play attacking football all you want but care a little bit about organizing your team defensively away from home ?

They're really stupid and ridiculously naive.
It's marginal detail. They lose 4:3 to Liverpool. they could have won with a bit of luck. It's hard to judge this kind of team really.

el3mel

Biesla was screaming at his translator. Is the translator also screaming at the players in English?
Why can't he learn some English anyway, to be honest? He has been in England for 3 years now. Conte, Sarri and LVG spoke broken English but they did it. This reminds me of Valencia not caring to learn English all this time.

Nick7

Bielsa teams are always fun and hilarious to watch.

I hope they get relegated though, because feck em.

KennyBurner

Bielsa thinks he is above team quality and that is the problem. You dont play this way against a team like United with blistering attackers away from home. There is literally one way not to play against us and Bielsa's let his pride take over reasoning.

Moonwalker

It's almost as if they were different clubs, with different budgets, different players and different expectations.

Nick7

Why can't he learn some English anyway, to be honest? He has been in England for 3 years now. Conte, Sarri and LVG spoke broken English but they did it. This reminds me of Valencia not caring to learn English all this time.
I thought Valencia could speak basic English, he just didn’t want to in the media