Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

Mainoldo

Another manager playing better football than us with worse players. There press is amazing. But he is one of the originators.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Sorry, but Leeds were poor in that second half, and it was only Arsenal being poor in the first that they actually looked decent.
Sloppy passing throughout, wrong decisions made in the final third, trying to play it out from the back and losing it constantly, no support for Bamford up top.

432JuanMata

Sorry, but Leeds were poor in that second half, and it was only Arsenal being poor in the first that they actually looked decent.
Sloppy passing throughout, wrong decisions made in the final third, trying to play it out from the back and losing it constantly, no support for Bamford up top.
What you expect ? Leeds have a team that is top 6 Championship at best they don’t spend money and Bielsa has them playing teams off the park week in week out. They played well first half but come on did you expect them to dominate Arsenal at the Emirates? They are a very good side with the budget they have.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Another manager playing better football than us with worse players. There press is amazing. But he is one of the originators.
He is one of the best. Poch himself has said Bielsa is his mentor. This guy did the high pressing with Chile and Espanyol back in 2000s.

Would have taken him if not for his antics

Rafaeldagold

It’s sad & frustrating to see a clearly great world class coach & tactician at Leeds while we have ‘counter attack’ Ole. What a shite timeline we’re in

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It’s sad & frustrating to see a clearly great world class coach & tactician at Leeds while we have ‘counter attack’ Ole. What a shite timeline we’re in
Him and Jorge Jesus were some of the pioneers to apply a full zonal marking and using basketball concepts on set pieces (body blocks), both managers made a smaller career of what they could had offer to football, despite Jesus success at Flamengo and Bielsa amazing work at Bilbao.

Ludens the Red

Still hope the cnuts don’t get promoted but yeah they’re a good side and really have no right to be. Garbage side pre Bielsa, set piece merchants under Monk, years of nothingness and this guy swoops in and they’re a different team over night. Pablo Hernandez probably the only player before Bielsa came who’d you rate as above competent. I guess the good thing about Leeds getting promoted is they won’t be on sky every week.

Another manager proving that coaching is everything.

Sure, you can spunk a billion quid at it and get a decent enough side but a top coach of which there are very few can massively improve almost anything.

What a first half they played at the Emirates compared to us.

TheLiverBird

I’m all for playing as many matches against our rivals as possible.
That’s where the excitement is. Rather them than Brighton or Hull or something.
I’m well aware of the munich songs but they also gave us Eric so there’s that.
This pretty much

Leeds will be a Premier League Club again next season

Bielsa has massively turned things around for them, they actually play more attractive football than most PL sides atm

god that stings to say

cyberman

Sush its a chance to shit on United.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Him and Jorge Jesus were some of the pioneers to apply a full zonal marking and using basketball concepts on set pieces (body blocks), both managers made a smaller career of what they could had offer to football, despite Jesus success at Flamengo and Bielsa amazing work at Bilbao.
Neither of them are good salesmen, they are training pitch coaches. They can convince players that they are the best, teach them all the basics of football but neither can handle suits and for that reason they have mainly been ignored by top clubs.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Neither of them are good salesmen, they are training pitch coaches. They can convince players that they are the best, teach them all the basics of football but neither can handle suits and for that reason they have mainly been ignored by top clubs.
And adding to those things you refer above, both of them also have serious temper issues :D And press conferences are totally unpredictable with these guys, and when they target a reporter, may God save him at that moment, because he's going to be roasted.

But as you said above (and very well), they are amazing coaches. A lot of top players (and really a lot) said that the manager who teach them more about football and made them better player was Bielsa.

Same can be easily found online about Jesus where a lot of top players who he managed saying he was almost as their mentor. Even Gomis at 34 y.o. said he learned a lot while he was at Saudi Arabia, despite his age, that thanks to him he could reinvent himself.

But as you said and well, football developed into a mix of sports industry and entertaining industry, and people who do not embrace both sides will have a hard time to reach a top club because they will not accept to swallow some of the pills.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They were very good in the first half, lots of fluid moves that resulted in good shots at goal and hardly gave Arsenal any chances.

I assume you haven't watched much championship? Just judging on cup games anyway dosen't give a full pitch as this time last year Sheffield United lost at home to Barnet (put their reserves out).

I think leeds would have a good impact in premier league. Their manager is very experienced at the top level and they have players who'll likely move to prem if they don't go up this season e.g Kalvin phillips and Klich are two that stand out to me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Another manager proving that coaching is everything.

Sure, you can spunk a billion quid at it and get a decent enough side but a top coach of which there are very few can massively improve almost anything.

What a first half they played at the Emirates compared to us.
Wait, it doesn't take 5 years and 500 million to have an impact? I refuse to believe you.

neilv93

Leeds were awesome in the first half and if they had PL quality players they might've gone into the HT break in the lead. They're 100% coming up this season and to be perfectly honest, I think there's a bloody good chance they finish top ten next year too (with a few quality additions).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Wait, it doesn't take 5 years and 500 million to have an impact? I refuse to believe you.
I can check that. When Jorge Jesus picked Benfica, we were miles behind Porto, barely wining titles. And despite having much less funding, the way this guy organized the entire football structure changed the club and we are collecting the rewards until now. That is the main reason that despite he left Benfica for the eternal rivals Sporting, Benfica CEO tried to hire him for two times since he left and basically said that Jesus instilled methodology and mentality in the structure, not to mention the player profiling.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samind...s-masterminds-flamengo-renaissance-in-brazil/

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
1 win in the last 7 and that came after a 90th minute own goal. Surely they can't bottle it yet again?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they didn’t go up, their squad isn’t that good, he’s got them punching above their weight imo.

izec

Fulham won their last two and are close. WBA arent in great form as well. Looks like it could get interesting in the coming months.

C'est Moi Cantona

I know it'd been said, but Bielsa would be a potential risk worth taking for us, and not sure we have anything left to lose with trying someone like this anymore.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know it'd been said, but Bielsa would be a potential risk worth taking for us, and not sure we have anything left to lose with trying someone like this anymore.
I would absolutely love Bielsa to take over at OT and teach the players how to play scintillating football.

TheReligion

Abusive
Funny time to be fluttering your eyelashes at big Marcelo when he's lost something like 6 on the trot since the turn of the year..

C'est Moi Cantona

Funny time to be fluttering your eyelashes at big Marcelo when he's lost something like 6 on the trot since the turn of the year..
They still play such good football, but just can't hit a barn door atm, not surprising given they rely so much on Bamford, shame they lost Roofe.

RoyH1

I would absolutely love Bielsa to take over at OT and teach the players how to play scintillating football.
There's not a single man I'd rather have taking over. I know well that he's a bit looney and probably wouldn't last more than 3 years but he's a football mind of the highest magnitude. A true teacher and has influenced countless managers out there. He'd get the best out of a lot of our players and have us playing exciting, exhilarating football.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
This guy has to get to the next level if only for the drama and press conferences. They are in what looks to be a free fall though unfortunately.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Think not having a reliable Championship striker is going to keep Leeds in that league forever really.

They could probably use a Billy Sharp or someone of that ilk as Bamford clearly isn't good enough and according to Wiki at least, they've only one other striker? Augstin on loan from RB Leipzig?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They should have given Nketiah more chances even though he doesn’t get through the work that Bamford does.

As Pep found out at City, sometimes you need to adapt your footballing ideas to make room for a goal scorer. It can make all the difference in tight games.

paulscholes18

History going to repeat itself for Leeds, went tits up this time last season, now 4 defeats in 5. Have to question the players mentality