Elland Road

Kick-off
Sun, 25 April 2021 @ 2:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Just the latest chapter in the media talking bollocks about United. Chelsea are now the de facto true city challenger and only aren’t second because Lampard managed them - but Lampard is still much better than Ole. Fantastic mental gymnastics.
    I don't mind "pundits" talking about us. We just have to look at the table. The more they keep talking the more we are showing them. Hopefully next year we will be even better.

They've been sitting back of late though. Most of there games of late they've been only conceding one.
    Agree. But if I know Bielsa and if I know Leeds they will find it hard not to attack us now when they play at home.

Leeds fans with a caustic message for us outside the ground.

Is that from their club or or just a bunch of fans? It's such a crock of shit, they are co-opting a really bad situation for all fans just to spew hate at us, who had nothing to do with it, the fact they leave City out of the plastic and shallow insults is a joke, they have been on the outs for 2 decades due to their own clubs greed, feck them.

He's probably very angry and more than a little resentful.

Joining Liverpool at their weakest period in decades does that to people apparently.
    I wonder if I ever heard him say anything positive about us. Or atleast saying something that doesn't make you think if he is jealous.

Maybe he has.

Paul Ince gets put on tv simply because he speaks shit and that means Sky get attention. He's not there because he offers insight that's informative.

Just the latest chapter in the media talking bollocks about United. Chelsea are now the de facto true city challenger and only aren’t second because Lampard managed them - but Lampard is still much better than Ole. Fantastic mental gymnastics.
    People are strangley impressed with Chelsea and they do feck all to justify it.

Why wouldn’t he?

Because he's an elite athlete, and fasting interferes with his ability to perform in a very real way?

I understand of course that religious requirements aren't automatically so mutable, but I've just never heard of this before. I guess I assumed that it'd be like in the Israeli army, where even ultra-orthodox soldiers can break fast if they have to (though admittedly that's for war, which is after all more serious)

Hilarious to hear Andres Cantor pronounce the word “massive”.

Should be a great match to watch. 1-3 win for the men in red.

Because he's an elite athlete, and fasting interferes with his ability to perform in a very real way?

I understand of course that religious requirements aren't automatically so mutable, but I've just never heard of this before. I guess I assumed that it'd be like in the Israeli army, where even ultra-orthodox soldiers can break fast if they have to (though admittedly that's for war, which is after all more serious)
    I am as atheistic as they come, but I don’t think that a vocation allows a Muslim to arbitrarily break fast.

Could be totally wrong. Many Muslims fast at the top levels of football. Have for some time.

I am as atheistic as they come, but I don’t think that a vocation allows a Muslim to arbitrarily break fast.

Could be totally wrong. Many Muslims fast at the top levels of football. Have for some time.
    People have different views on it, like most aspects of religion. It's common for athletes to fast, it's common for athletes not to and it's common for them to get a non-muslim friend to fast in their place.

Struggles with it in his own half with his back to the half way line. In the opposition half facing goal he’s pretty press resistant. We wouldn’t be playing him in the double pivot if he was starting today though.
    Well yes, I assume he was playing CM not the wing. Anyway he's fasting also so that's probably why.

Paul Ince every fecking time mentions Steve Bruce or Mark Hughes for the United job....is he for real? absolute clown

Good, energetic line up. Our bench options are great, hope we don't have to use them though. We should press their keeper and defense, they've got a mistake in them.

Think this is the right lineup for today’s game.

They keep saying in the studio that Pogba has probably been left out with an eye on Thursday, but I thought he was suspended? I remember in the pre-match conference before Granada second leg Ole was asked if he thought about resting Pogba due to the yellow card situation, and he then got booked (ridiculously) against Granada.

I genuinely think some of our ex-players live in a parallel universe where it is still the 90s or early 00s. Steve Bruce or Mark Hughes managing United in this day and age. :nervous: :wenger:

People have different views on it, like most aspects of religion. It's common for athletes to fast, it's common for athletes not to and it's common for them to get a non-muslim friend to fast in their place.
    It’s accepted though, someone’s chosen vocation to be used as the reason not to fast?

Paul Ince gets put on tv simply because he speaks shit and that means Sky get attention. He's not there because he offers insight that's informative.

Someone's obviously told him that hand steepling is meant to show control and authority but it looks so unnatural and completely contrived when he's sat bolt upright with his hands directly in front of him. Donut :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 193 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw