Elland Road

Kick-off
Sun, 12 February 2023 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Placed a couple of quid on a Leeds win. More than happy to lose it though!

Leeds will likely score so it’s up to us to score one than them to get the win

I love Erik but my god I’m dreading this now after seeing that defence.
    What is he thinking there?

I think it's been mentioned but Shaw and Malacia are getting time in the positions they will play in against Barcelona which is reasonable.

Varane had to get some rest after starting few consecutive games in short time so I get that. Still it makes me nervous. Leeds were good enough to earn a draw at Old Trafford and that game gives them enough belief for this one. Tough one and next one vs Leicester could be difficult as well as they've started to gain some form.

Judging by some of Erik's comments he's expecting a bit of an old fashioned up and at 'em battle today so has chosen accordingly in a 'bring it on' manner!

I know we have a lot of 1st team missing but this is a team ar the foot of the table and whilst they play well at times, their biggest issue is scoring. Their 1st goal was a bad lapse and the second one was a bit lucky. If we have the right frame of mind, we have enough talent to win even if it will be a narrow one.

I don't really agree tbh. I don't think their attack is bad at all. It's the defence that's been Leeds' undoing this season.

Just off topic, but has anyone else noticed how shabby Ellend Rd looks? It’s as though nothings been touched since the 80s, it’s like a cow shed.

Last edited:
    Weghorst becoming a seemingly undroppable mainstay in the team since his arrival has coincided with our football getting worse and our results suffering. His continued selection is baffling as we always look better the moment he gets replaced. Seems like Erik has a real blindspot there.

He’s taking a huge gamble with that team today too. We’re already missing key players so to then drop our first choice central defenders seems bizarre to say the least. Hope he’s got this one right.

I just hope Rashford plays off the left. The thought of not playing him in his best position when in the form of his life makes me uncomfortable.

Fred simply cannot be as bad again. We know he’s only playing because of injuries and suspension.

That centre back partnership frightens me but he obviously feels Varane & Martinez need a rest given the volume of games incoming.

In the US we'd call this the Forfeit Lineup

Worried he has gotten the team selection very wrong today

Weghorst becoming a seemingly undroppable mainstay in the team since his arrival has coincided with our football getting worse and our results suffering. His continued selection is baffling as we always look better the moment he gets replaced. Seems like Erik has a real blindspot there.

He’s taking a huge gamble with that team today too. We’re already missing key players so to then drop our first choice central defenders seems bizarre to say the least. Hope he’s got this one right.
    The endless walking injury that is Martial is killing us in this regard. Weghorst should be a stop gap off the bench but is having to start every game we are so thin up front.

Just off topic, but has anyone else noticed how shabby Ellend Rd looks? It’s as though nothing been touched since the 80s, it’s like a cow shed.
    If the pic tweeted out with De Gea & Dalots shirts hanging up on a metal coat hook over a pine bench is their current changing rooms then you're spot on. That's embarrassing for a club at this level.

Since the team news, we have slipped to odds-against to win today.

I understand the logic of resting Varane and giving Shaw and Malacia some match sharpness in those positions, but our defense is built on having Martinez-Varane-Casemiro defend the most dangerous area of the pitch. To have none of them is a major risk. I'd personally pick Licha instead of Fred as I think we can get away with it against Leeds, just to have some of that defensive security. But maybe we'll get the Dr. Jekyll version of Fred this time after getting Mr. Hyde in midweek.

I love Erik but my god I’m dreading this now after seeing that defence.
    What is he thinking there?
    Ye it’s an awful decision to play them 2 at the back. Maybe he’s thinking about the Barca game?

Would love Weghorst to have a great game, he’s very much looking like a Bloke on loan from Burnley more often than not though.

Yeah, I was hoping we were getting the bloke from Wolfsburg. Imagine we had Felix instead. Sigh. It is what it is.

The reason Weghost is continually starting is because Ronaldo adopted a scorched earth policy to leave the club and Martial cannot stay fit.

The best ability is availability.

Defense is clearly where we have the most depth.

We complain if he doesn't rotate, we complain if he rotates.

I don't really agree tbh. I don't think their attack is bad at all. It's the defence that's been Leeds' undoing this season.
    I haven’t watched them many times. The couple of games that I have seen is they played well enough to win but could not get goals. Let’s hope we have more focus at the start of the game.

Having Maguire and Dalot right hand side versus Gnonto is certainly bold...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 298 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw