Leicester owner promises £180m investment

RedPnutz

Well historically very few clubs have managed to defend their title.

Preston: 1889-1890
Aston Villa: 1896-1897, 1899-1900
The Wednesday/Sheffield Wednesday: 1903-1904, 1929-1930
Liverpool: 1922-1923, 1976-1977, 1979-1980, 1982-1984*
Huddersfield: 1924-1926*
Arsenal: 1933-1935*
Portsmouth: 1949-1950
Manchester United: 1956-1957, 1993-1994, 1996-1997, 1999-2001*, 2007-2009*
Wolves: 1958-1959
Chelsea: 2005-2006

*Three-in-a-row
Guess the odds are against them then. Maybe CL could be a more statistically viable alternative.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin

Van Gaalacticos

Guess the odds are against them then. Maybe CL could be a more statistically viable alternative.
I think the number one priority next season would be the same as this, not getting relegated and they should be shrewd enough to know it's a genuine possibility. They have to really go for it in the CL as well though with maybe a view to resting players during League Cup and FA Cup games, I think If I was a fan I'd want them to give it their all as they may never get another shot in the CL but being safe in PL is just as important. Would it be worth Leicester resting players in PL games either directly before or after CL games in the hope they either get lucky in that league game or they'll pick up enough points elsewhere that's it worth it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What's the prize money for winning the title? On top of the TV money + CL money I reckon they could rake in huge prize money as well.

Skills

Snitch
What's the prize money for winning the title? On top of the TV money + CL money I reckon they could rake in huge prize money as well.
I think TV money is allotte according to league position. They will apparently £91m this season from that, just £20m more than last season.

I was surprised how much of a big deal they were when I was in Barcelona in Jan just talking to people in a bar. I reckon there's going to be a lot of sponsors wanting a piece of them on the back of this season.

Sigma

I think they'll be this seasons Chelsea next season (maybe not perform as bad, just be about mid table).

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think TV money is allotte according to league position. They will apparently £91m this season from that, just £20m more than last season.

I was surprised how much of a big deal they were when I was in Barcelona in Jan just talking to people in a bar. I reckon there's going to be a lot of sponsors wanting a piece of them on the back of this season.
Oh yeah, I think you're right. Still though, this huge financial boost could turn them into a regular PL team like Swansea when they promoted to the PL.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
They've massively overachieved this year (credit to them though)

Next season it'll be midtable for them

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I think they'll be this seasons Chelsea next season (maybe not perform as bad, just be about mid table).
Nah, they've got a much better manager than Chelsea had. Don't think many managers bar Jose could make a team implode so quickly.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Top 4 is mathematically secured for them. Even if United wins their next 6 games, they'd be on 71 points. Leicester is on 72.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Sounds like a bad management mistake. Tickets are offered for up to 7500 quid for their final home game while some of their long-term fans weren't allocated a ticket. I am always wondering how brainless people in charge can be. Or maybe they don't give a f****.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Sounds like a bad management mistake. Tickets are offered for up to 7500 quid for their final home game while some of their long-term fans weren't allocated a ticket. I am always wondering how brainless people in charge can be. Or maybe they don't give a f****.
Not sure what the club could do there - reads like all tickets were bought initially by season ticket holders/ club members, before being sold on*. If you're to blame anyone it's the fans for selling out on the clubs' success to screw over their fellow supporters.

* Correct me if I'm wrong!

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
To be honest, if it were possible to make around £2000 for a ticket then I think I'd be facing a huge decision to make. It's a ridiculous amount of profit to be made there.

More the fault of people buying them.

Jaytay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27387616

After all the talk about clubs being artificially inflated by rich owners, we might finally get to see a genuine case of a team propelled from nowhere to the very top. What are people's thoughts, are Leicester really going to end up challenging for Europe or even Top 4 in a few years? I'm struggling to find a reason why it wouldn't be possible if their owner is really serious about putting in the huge sums.
You'd be rich now, had you put a bet on them. They have gone beyond their wildest imagination

Walters_19_MuFc

I think it's sickening that the price has gone up. Dedictated fans, who have been going there all season will miss out because they won't be able to afford. Yet, the owners will up the price, because they know people will be desperate to watch Leicester lift the EPL trophy. Absolute disgrace.

Richard Cranium

I'd love for Leicester to win the title on a relatively shoestring budget when it took city about 5 years and £1bn of oil money investment to win the title on goal difference. :lol: