Leicester's next 6 fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rednotdead

I have no idea why people have Everton at home as some unwinnable, extremely tough game when they outplayed them comprehensively at Goodison. Trips to Old Trafford and Stamford are always slightly difficult as you never know when United or Chelsea will turn up but they're capable of winning these too. If they can keep the current distance to 2nd until the final three games, they will be almost there.

I agree that games like Sunderland will be the toughest. Definitely don't expect them to win the next 5 (though if they do, it's curtains).
There's an added factor now to these games though - the pressure of being able to see the finishing line. That's a factor in every sport, not just football. How they handle that pressure will determine their fate.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Didn't they have one game in hand? The big difference was we played each other and we opened the door by loosing away to Wigan. That should have been a draw before we played them so we could still have lost to city and stayed top
Both teams had 6 games left which ended:

Wigan 1-0 United
United 4-0 Villa
United 4-4 Everton
City 1-0 United
United 2-0 Swansea
Sunderland 0-1 United

City 4-0 West Brom
Norwich 1-6 City
Wolves 0-2 City
City 1-0 United
Newcastle 0-2 City
City 3-2 QPR

Biggest bottlejob in history.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I still have a feeling Arsenal can do it. They're an amazing team when they have nothing to play for and they could easily go on a run of 4-5 wins.
But then they'd have something to play for and would crumble again. Are you suggesting there's still time for Arsenal to fit in a whole Arsenal boom-bust cycle in just 9 games. Ooooh, I can't wait.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Wigan 1-0 United
United 4-0 Villa
United 4-4 Everton
City 1-0 United
United 2-0 Swansea
Sunderland 0-1 United

City 4-0 West Brom
Norwich 1-6 City
Wolves 0-2 City
City 1-0 United
Newcastle 0-2 City
City 3-2 QPR

The Wigan and Everton games hurt thinking back. Shite game against City as well, I remember being away from Paris for a few games in a God forsaken place and having to find a bar that showed the game. Ended up going to a bowling alley which was showing it, there were no other customers... It was a depressing game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There's an added factor now to these games though - the pressure of being able to see the finishing line. That's a factor in every sport, not just football. How they handle that pressure will determine their fate.
How will Spurs? They haven't been in this position either. Why is it assumed that Tottenham won't crumble under pressure when they travel to Stoke, United and Chelsea while Leicester will when both clubs have exactly the same amount of title race experience i.e. zero.

Leicester are a great team. Looking at remaining fixtures of their title rivals I would say 5 wins and a draw will clinch it for them while 4 wins and a draw would give them 80% chance. They can do it.

coolredwine

lameredboots
The Wigan and Everton games hurt thinking back. Shite game against City as well, I remember being away from Paris for a few games in a God forsaken place and having to find a bar that showed the game. Ended up going to a bowling alley which was showing it, there were no other customers... It was a depressing game.
Evra's shot on the bar which could have given us a 5-2 lead. And it ended up being 4-4 because we lost it afterwards.

The City game was horrible. We went in with no intention of winning the game, no striker, no motivation.

I cry. :'(

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Evra's shot on the bar which could have given us a 5-2 lead. And it ended up being 4-4 because we lost it afterwards.

The City game was horrible. We went in with no intention of winning the game, no striker, no motivation.

The Everton match was shocking, but losing to Wigan was also incredible giving our record against them.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly

Wigan 1-0 United
United 4-0 Villa
United 4-4 Everton
City 1-0 United
United 2-0 Swansea
Sunderland 0-1 United

City 4-0 West Brom
Norwich 1-6 City
Wolves 0-2 City
City 1-0 United
Newcastle 0-2 City
City 3-2 QPR

Agree. That a Fergie team ended up bottling it like that from that position is almost as ridiculous as Leicester winning the Premier League. Still does my head in.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I saw a stat saying Spurs picked up 13 points from the return fixtures in these games where as Leicester had picked up 20. This was before the this weekend's games.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

That Everton game was great attacking wise, great performance with Rooney and Welbeck playing really well if I recall correctly? A mess defensively though.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How will Spurs? They haven't been in this position either. Why is it assumed that Tottenham won't crumble under pressure when they travel to Stoke, United and Chelsea while Leicester will when both clubs have exactly the same amount of title race experience i.e. zero.

Leicester are a great team. Looking at remaining fixtures of their title rivals I would say 5 wins and a draw will clinch it for them while 4 wins and a draw would give them 80% chance. They can do it.
Realistically, if we are to win, I think we'll need to come from behind very late on. Last one or two games. Not sure how we'll cope being the team out in first.

Let the pressure stay on Leicester.

I don't think we will win (and I still think we're more likely to finish 3rd or 4th than 1st (and indeed, having been a spurs fan for so long, there's still even a lingering worry about dropping out of the top 4) but if this weekend we win and Leicester lose (not likely but not impossible), it closes the gap to 2, with a straight shootout across the last 7 games with a very very similar run in.

Now of course we'll drop points too (in fact, again, I think we'll probably end up dropping more than Leicester) but that would certainly crank up the pressure on Leicester even more.

Very interesting end to the season anyway.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Realistically, if we are to win, I think we'll need to come from behind very late on. Last one or two games. Not sure how we'll cope being the team out in first.

Let the pressure stay on Leicester.

I don't think we will win (and I still think we're more likely to finish 3rd or 4th than 1st (and indeed, having been a spurs fan for so long, there's still even a lingering worry about dropping out of the top 4) but if this weekend we win and Leicester lose (not likely but not impossible), it closes the gap to 2, with a straight shootout across the last 7 games with a very very similar run in.

Now of course we'll drop points too (in fact, again, I think we'll probably end up dropping more than Leicester) but that would certainly crank up the pressure on Leicester even more.

Very interesting end to the season anyway.
I think you might be closer to them after the weekend since they have tougher game. If they win at Palace they'll be incredibly close. You will probably beat Bournemouth at home. However your next 3 games are much more difficult than theirs - away to Liverpool, home to Man Utd and away to Stoke while they play Southampton and West Ham at home and Sunderland away from home.

I guess it's one game at a time and this is how they'll approach this. They probably still have memories of last Spring when they went on that amazing run and if they can repeat that, then it's job done. People expected them to drop points against Watford and they didn't. Actually their last three wins were 1-0s that were very impressive in that they've shown great maturity in their play as opposed to their flair approach from before Arsenal game. If they are to cross the finish line, it will be because of those ground out 1-0 victories, not because of gung ho 3-2 wins they had at the start of season.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think you might be closer to them after the weekend since they have tougher game. If they win at Palace they'll be incredibly close. You will probably beat Bournemouth at home. However your next 3 games are much more difficult than theirs - away to Liverpool, home to Man Utd and away to Stoke while they play Southampton and West Ham at home and Sunderland away from home.

I guess it's one game at a time and this is how they'll approach this. They probably still have memories of last Spring when they went on that amazing run and if they can repeat that, then it's job done. People expected them to drop points against Watford and they didn't. Actually their last three wins were 1-0s that were very impressive in that they've shown great maturity in their play as opposed to their flair approach from before Arsenal game. If they are to cross the finish line, it will be because of those ground out 1-0 victories, not because of gung ho 3-2 wins they had at the start of season.
Yep, certainly. I think we'll both very much be approaching it one game at a time and considering both of our inexperience with this kind of situation, both managers will likely be trying to distract their players etc.

The runs are obviously a bit different in terms of when the games are played. But overall, the runs are very similar.

We both play Southampton at home and Chelsea away.

We have Bournemouth and WBA at home (they have Everton and Swansea at home). Theirs are perhaps more difficult, considering how unpredictable Everton can be and lukaku too.

We both have a CL chasing difficult home game (us Man Utd, them West Ham)

Both have a potential banana skin away (they play palace , we play stoke)

An away match against a relegation threatened team (we play Newcastle, they play Sunderland)

And then a tough away game against good teams (us Liverpool, Leicester Man Utd)

Remarkably similar run ins.

We'll have to make 5 more points from a very similar fixture list, which is a difficult task considering how they've been playing.

And I agree, the recent 1-0 wins are far far more impressive than the earlier gung Ho big scoring wins.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And j don't think arsenal are out of the running in the slightest

Guy Incognito

Had Arse not lost to Swansea I'd would say they were in contention. They still have to go to West Ham, Everton and Sunderland, and you never know what team would turn up.

Leicester have this in the bag. They look jaded, but keep grinding out wins.

dasty

Why do people still genuinely believe that Arsenal can win the league? Yeah, they might have nothing to play for at the moment and might go on a good run of form, but when the possibility of them winning the league resurfaces their whole team will crumble under the pressure as per norm. The same shit had been going on for more than a decade yet people believe that it will change, even after their massive bottling job thus far?

Rafateria

Leicester would have to collapse massively for Arsenal to have any chance. Leicester only need 10 or 11 points (if Arsenal were to overtake their GD) from their last 8 games if you give Arsenal 21 pts from their remaining 9 games (I doubt they'll get more with away games at Everton, City & West Ham and a battling Sunderland, even though they have 5 relatively easy games at home ... do you even fancy them to win 5 on the bounce without dropping points somewhere in those 5) ?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Arsenal are just about done. They basically have to rely on a perfect season from here on in to have a chance.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Leicester would have to collapse massively for Arsenal to have any chance. Leicester only need 10 or 11 points (if Arsenal were to overtake their GD) from their last 8 games if you give Arsenal 21 pts from their remaining 9 games (I doubt they'll get more with away games at Everton, City & West Ham and a battling Sunderland, even though they have 5 relatively easy games at home ... do you even fancy them to win 5 on the bounce without dropping points somewhere in those 5) ?
It's one thing hoping for Leicester to collapse. I don't see that fate happening to Leicester and Tottenham simultaneously. Arsenal are done.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Got a sudden horrible feeling they are not going to do it.
Nah they're definitely not winning the league. They'll have a three game run where they don't win a game, Arsenal and Spurs will overtake them.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
- Sunderland (a)
- West Ham (h)
- Swansea (h)
- Man Utd (a)
- Everton (h)
- Chelsea (h)

----------------------

Can't imagine they'll be at the top after that. Am I doing it right @Raoul?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
That's still a difficult run in. But the good thing for them is that United, Everton and Chelsea will probably not have anything to play for going into those games.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
- Sunderland (a)
- West Ham (h)
- Swansea (h)
- Man Utd (a)
- Everton (h)
- Chelsea (h)

----------------------

Can't imagine they'll be at the top after that. Am I doing it right @Raoul?
United, Everton, and Chelsea will sink them.

Raw

Am I right in thinking they can clinch the title against us at Old Trafford? :(
Win their next 3 games then yeah, a win at Old Trafford would seal the title. Though that depends on Spurs winning all their games which I doubt.

I honestly wouldn't mind. They've been brilliant and thoroughly deserve the title. I'd applaud them.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It's also possible that we win against Spurs and they win the title against Swansea. We'd have to give them the guard of honour at Old Trafford. I'd be happy if that's the case.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yes, and I will have no problem with it at all. Actually would be happy if they made it (if we have nothing to play for)
I'm happy if they win it, but to win it on our turf will just further signify how we've regressed. I know Leicester fans won't give a toss where they win it but I'm sure they would prefer to do it at home.

Man-United

Would be nice to see them already won the title when playing us. Our fans are fantastic and will give them a fantastic reception.

El Zoido

Am I right in thinking they can clinch the title against us at Old Trafford? :(
Hopefully they win it the game before and we have to give them a guard of honour. Let our lads see what champions look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.