Leon Bailey

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Officially nominated for the UEFA Golden Ball award. I'm happy for him. Not sure he's close to winning it but it's an amazing achievement for him where he's coming from.

And he still hasn't been called up by the senior squad. Absolutely ridiculous.
Is he turning them down or has he simply not been called up?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As I say, I've heard he does want to represent Belgium, so he could be turning down Jamaican call ups?

dr.twinny

Okay, I did some more digging and it seems there are issues between the JFF and Craig Butler, who has great influence on Leon. While in charge, Schaefer did invite him to a call up but Bailey along with his agent rejected the call up.

In December last year, he told Het Laaste Nieuws: “It’s a very difficult decision and one that I have long questioned [representing Jamaica]. In the past there have been some problems between me and the Jamaican federation. Players from the Phoenix Academy were always refused. Now I play here [at Genk], they like that I come to Jamaica, but I declined their selection. In this case [potentially representing Belgium], my ambition is greater than the love for my country. If I get the chance to play for Belgium, I would not hesitate. I can achieve a lot more here.

JeffBoomTetris

He is already drawing comparisons I see. For me, he doesn't look much like Bale or Depay . Bale's dribbling style is basically kick and run. This kid seems comfortable in tight spaces albeit at a lower level. And Memphis can't beat a player 1v1 consistently.

Based on that reel, Bailey looks talented. There are an awful lot of wunderkinds around. But, he's definitely got my attention. Seems to be the type of player Dortmund develop into a world class player or a Portuguese club buy for peanuts and sell for a handsome amount.

But again, the level of play is very low. So we have only the EL games to go by to compare his skills

DWelbz19

Nice to see we're checking the talent pool. I do like Ndidi too.

DWelbz19

I think Chelsea wanted to sign him before he joined Genk too, maybe it's a Mourinho/his scouts target?

Devil may care

Moving Memphis and Young on should be on the agenda over the next 2 transfer windows, so we could do with adding a fast young wide player to the mix, preferably to be a squad player for now, giving us a blistering wide option off the bench. Not sure about this guy though, he's clearly fast and 2 footed but his technique and control when running with the ball looks really loose.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Moving Memphis and Young on should be on the agenda over the next 2 transfer windows, so we could do with adding a fast young wide player to the mix, preferably to be a squad player for now, giving us a blistering wide option off the bench. Not sure about this guy though, he's clearly fast and 2 footed but his technique and control when running with the ball looks really loose.
A lot were saying similar things about Mane and Dembele(Dortmund) and look at them now.

El-Manos

We should just get ousmane dembele already, save ourselves the extra 60m we will have to spend in 3 years :lol:. In all honesty though, why the feck weren't we in for him.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We should just get ousmane dembele already, save ourselves the extra 60m we will have to spend in 3 years :lol:. In all honesty though, why the feck weren't we in for him.
Its looking likely they'll have to pay the full transfer fee (€50ish million) soon, so I doubt he'd be moving for 60m, he'll be a record fee.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think most of Europe wanted him, but he and mainly his mother wanted him to play regularly and saw Dortmund as a great place to learn. Can't say they've made a poor decision tbh.

Wish more players would be more patient and really play regularly before getting the "big" move (obviously Dortmund is big but he's getting good minutes)

Devil may care

A lot were saying similar things about Mane and Dembele(Dortmund) and look at them now.
I don't recall any criticism of Dembele's technique and I still don't think Mane is anything special to be honest. If we are looking for a young wide player I just think there are better looking options out there.

DWelbz19

Scored again in the first half against Bilbao. Genk are getting beat 3-1, but that was Bailey's 4th Europa League goal of the season.

DWelbz19

3-2 now. Genk's other young super talent Wilfred Ndidi with the goal.

DWelbz19

Just made a super assist for the 3rd goal. He's pretty fecking ace.

Adam-Utd

Sign the guy up. Very quick, scored a goal and has great skills. Oh and plays on the right! We need more players like him in the squad.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Bit strange that he's so good in the EL but has only scored or assisted in 3 league games.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Can't pretend to know anything about him whatsoever, but could definitely be a Martial-esque signing from us, best case scenario. Would inject some much needed pace, clearly. If we can get him I'd 100% support it.

izec

There are no guarantees in football. He either takes the step up and sees for himself or not. No top club will guarantee him minutes. Better players didnt make it.

Sparky10Legend

There are no guarantees in football. He either takes the step up and sees for himself or not. No top club will guarantee him minutes. Better players didnt make it.
If I was a player/agent right now I Would want to know 100%that ,unless I did something extremely out of order, I wouldn't get the Mkhi /Coudrado/Salah etc etc treatment.

Unrealistic maybe, but understandable.

Adam-Utd

Good attitude, lots of players move far too early chasing money and then disappearing because they aren't good enough.

Get better first, then reap the rewards. Saying that though, he's more than good enough for minutes on our wing IMO. If we are shifting Memphis this january I would definitely get him in for cover.

B Silva/Bailey/Martins would be my top 3 wing targets.

Nickosaur

Martins seems rawer than B Silva/Bailey. But all three have so much potential.