Leon Goretzka

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A key to Bayerns midfield dominance vs PSG in CL Final 2020. Any thought?

He doesn't have that flashy skill or move, but his anticipation, quick thinking, and drive are very impressive. A typical German player, in a very positive way. A free transfer from Schalke also.

I'm expecting big things from him in coming years.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Decision-making is a highly valuabe skill. Goretzka plays smart from what I've seen.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Brilliant player - filled the box at every opportunity too

thepolice123

Kept his football simple and used his athleticism well. One thing that surprised me was his ridiculously accurate one touch pass. PSG couldn't get near him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Brilliant player - filled the box at every opportunity too
Kept his football simple and used his athleticism well. One thing that surprised me was his ridiculously accurate one touch pass. PSG couldn't get near him.
I was totally impressed. Ticks every box of DM we need. I think McTom should just watch this guy and copy things he's done.

DavidDeSchmikes

Reminded me so much of Javi Martinez in the 2013 final. Asserting his dominance as the game went on.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Quite incredible that Bayern have Kimmich, Thiago and Goretzka as central midfield options. Three of the best in the world.

Guys like Tolisso, pretty damn good as well, are absolute benchwarmers behind these guys.

thepolice123

I was totally impressed. Ticks every box of DM we need. I think McTom should just watch this guy and copy things he's done.
TBF Goretzka's ability on the ball is leagues ahead of McT. His physique might give the perception of the archetypal limited box-to-box midfielder but he is extremely skilful and has excellent technique.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Surely the left photo is from a few years ago? :lol:
Yes, it is, I think it's from when he just moved to us. Goretzka certainly bulked up a lot but he wasn't THAT skinny before the corona break.

In regards to Goretzka... imo his biggest asset is that he works great alongside a playmaking CM and does the "boring" stuff so well especially how he is cruical in our pressing.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I wonder if his sudden increase in muscle has anything to do with his receding hairline. Surely just a coincidence.

led_scholes

Schalke fans will probably feel weird seeing 4 former players playing in the final, with two of them being excellent too.

El-Manos

They got him for free too... madness. A pity United can’t snap up the best talents in the premier league like Bayern do.

Suedesi

Yeah, great player. IMO the reason why Bayern Munchen are not too fussed if Thiago leaves as Goretzka + Kimmich are nailed on starters.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, great player. IMO the reason why Bayern Munchen are not too fussed if Thiago leaves as Goretzka + Kimmich are nailed on starters.
Thiago is still better than Goretzka though. Kimmich is probably the best CM in the world by now but Thiago and Kimmich are definitely better than Goretzka with Kimmich

Suedesi

Thiago is still better than Goretzka though. Kimmich is probably the best CM in the world by now but Thiago and Kimmich are definitely better than Goretzka with Kimmich
Better in what way? I'm not sure about that to be honest - Thiago plays with lots of flair but he also prone to cock-ups especially in the CL. At any rate, Bayern's football people - who know a thing or two about football - have priced him at 30M EUR. Not quite galactico level.

I agree on Kimmich he's absolutely the heartbeat of BM - him, Neuer, Muller, Alaba, Goretza, Lewa is quite a spine.

Kostov

And Bayern got him for free, while we go and spend 50m for a player like Fred. There are other example like Sule and Davies also, that's what a proper team building and planning looks like.