g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Leonardo Bonucci | All discussion here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Last edited:

Xeno

Juve can't turn down 60m for a 29-year old CB, just as they can't turn down a world record for Pogba.

VanGaalyTime

Not sure whether one affects the other. Think it just means Juventus will be mega loaded in a week or two. 60m for a 29 year old center back though? Bonucci is very good, but that seems high.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Lol. Some on this forum wanted to blow their top off when they thought Mkhitaryan was 29 and we were going to pay £34m. €60m for a 29 year old is excessive. City do love their CBs.

Hojoon

Aren't they the same newspaper that were convinced Vidal will join us?

prarek

Bonucci is class but 60m for a 29 year old CB i don't know who is more bonkers, Juventus for turning it down or City for offering it.

Nickosaur

Like us regarding Pogba, who cares about the money. They would have the best CB in the prem. Hope it doesn't happen.

Flytan

Money is irrelevant. It's all about quality of players and this actually improves their team :(

Wish they went for Stones

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will be interesting to see how he fares outside of the Juventus 3. Will be a good fit for Guardiola anyway.

Devil may care

This would be a bigger blow to Juve than losing Pogba, he is the linchpin of that back 3 and that back 3 is vital to Juve's system.

Oo0AahCantona

It wont effect the Pogba move in my opinion, simply because both sums of money are too much to turn down. Every player has a price and both of these sums reflect that.

jungledrums

He could have another 6 years at the highest level in him, to be honest. In my opinion, he's the 'worst' of the three Juve CB's, though obviously they're all outstanding. Comfortably the best ball player though, which isn't surprising given Guardiola is interested in him. Would be a good signing, 60 million is crazy though.

ZAGREB RED

Good CB, but 60M is a bit steep at 29. He could play on for another 5 or 6 years possibly though so I suppose it depends how bad Guardiola wants him.

predator

Youth NITK
Great defender and 29 for a centre back is like buying a 25 year old winger - usually at their peak and have a good 3 - 4 years at the same level.

That figure is very high but so is the fee for pogba. The market is madly inflated and we all know it. I hope Juve get as much as they can and spend the money well for the future. They have the ball completely in their court though as they don't need to sell.

worldinmotion66

Forget about his age, Bonucci will still be the same player in 6 years time. I will be very concerned if City get him, he's top class and worth every penny.

Varun

Staff
Don't give a shit about how much they spend, I hope they don't get him. Everton need to wake up and sell stones ffs.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Bonucci is a class player, it'd be stupid to deny that.

He's maybe not at players like Thiago Silvas level who is the most complete CB in world football and when he retires you can make a case for him.

Bonucci he's definitely one of the defenders currently, there's a lack of true defenders since 2009. Puyol, Rio, Vida, Lucio gone.

Juventus do have some great defenders. I agree Chiellini is probably the closest thing you can get to the players of the last generation.

Statistically though Bonucci was one of the best CBs last year for those inerested: http://www.squawka.com/football-pla...05/2016#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

He's a good buy, but for his age they really shouldnt go over 35M, you'd break the bank for someone like Varane, Hummels already going to bayern does make the choices slim.

Revan

Assumptionman
Would be a great signing. Bonucci is far better than any CB in EPL and would make City's back four stronger.

City, please lose your sense and go for Stones instead.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Would be a great signing If they can get him, he would be the best CB in the prem amd would improve their shaky defence massively. The price is irelevent considering we are about to splash 100mill on pogba.

I wish everton would sell fecking stones as he's so overrated he would become the defender version of sterling for city.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is class. I would also prefer to buy him than spend similar on Stones (really hope Mourinho doesn't go for him this time).

VanGaalEra

I couldn't care less if they paid 1 Billion for him, I don't want them to have him.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'd welcome him in the PL with only a single CB partner. A different ball game for him.

Skills

Snitch
His age doesn't matter. Guardiola's going to be there for 3 years, they need to max out on those 3 years and try and actually make a mark in Europe. They'll spend as much as he wants, and the age won't matter.

Nickosaur

The only silver lining if they do get him, is the insane fee they've spunked on CBs over the years :lol:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I'm confused. I thought Serie A is the pinnacle of European football and the Premier League is utter shite?

Last edited:

baanke laal

banned
They sure do like spending big money on centre-backs. How much in total have they spent on CBs in the past 3 seasons?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Lol. Some on this forum wanted to blow their top off when they thought Mkhitaryan was 29 and we were going to pay £34m. €60m for a 29 year old is excessive. City do love their CBs.
Wasn't so long ago we offered similar money for Ramos who isn't as good as Bonucci.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's the best CB in the world. Worth every penny. I really hope they don't get him.

RoyH1

I hope Pogba's sale has the knock on effect of Juventus closing the door for further sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.