Film Leonardo DiCaprio - Greatest Actor of All Time?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I was watching the actors as themselves acting and not their characters, whose names I instantly forgot. It was a mistake to film it more or less scene for scene from the play and not really adapt it for the screen. IMO of course.
What's one of your favorite acting performances?

HookedOnAPhelan

Always thought Robin Williams was overrated as a comedian. Excellent actor when he ditched the comedy though.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Always thought Robin Williams was overrated as a comedian. Excellent actor when he ditched the comedy though.
Only to the extent that Kauffman or Carey were. Which is not at all. Williams was a phenomenal comedian. Top tier, greatest if all time level.

Lots of tumescent comedic acting roles and performances though.

HookedOnAPhelan

Only to the extent that Kauffman or Carey were. Which is not at all. Williams was a phenomenal comedian. Top tier, greatest if all time level.

Lots of tumescent comedic acting roles and performances though.
Never found him or his style of comedy funny. But maybe I've been unlucky.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Never found him or his style of comedy funny. But maybe I've been unlucky.
I wasn’t really disagreeing or challenging you not finding him funny. Many don’t.

But HOW he did comedy was vital and essential and paved the way for a lot that came after. He’s a top tier comedian.

I don’t really like Clark Gable or Radiohead. But they’re unfeckwithable as greats.

HookedOnAPhelan

I wasn’t really disagreeing or challenging you not finding him funny. Many don’t.

But HOW he did comedy was vital and essential and paved the way for a lot that came after. He’s a top tier comedian.

I don’t really like Clark Gable or Radiohead. But they’re unfeckwithable as greats.
Aha. I see your point.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I like his style a lot. Barring that image in your tweet where he looks little bit like a hobo with that shirt and beanie, his taste is very understated and definitely better than some of the more flashier Hollywood stars.