g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Let’s sign Gareth Bale

Art Vandelay

Bale would completely change our right side if he's available we have to go for him. Unless there's a chance of getting Mbappe. Which there probably isn't.

padzilla

Hipster
Gareth Bale - multiple times Champions League winner, scores twice in this year's final, not good for us.

Anthony Martial - Goes missing constantly for us, refuses to knuckle down and work his way into our starting line-up and gets his agent to publicly ask for a move. The future of the club.

Welcome to the madness that is Redcafe.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Gareth Bale - multiple times Champions League winner, scores twice in this year's final, not good for us.

Anthony Martial - Goes missing constantly for us, refuses to knuckle down and work his way into our starting line-up and gets his agent to publicly ask for a move. The future of the club.

Welcome to the madness that is Redcafe.
11 goals, 11 assists in 45 matches.......he doesn't goes missing constantly for us and he certainly doesn't spend so much time in treatment room either.

Shaun Oldman

(1st post)

Sad reality here is we brought in our superstar attacker, who also , sadly is roughly the same age etc etc.

The moment we signed Sanchez , another guy on huge money became unlikely in my view.

We really have signed Rooney mark 2 for twice as much money (or certainly huge wages whichever spin you put on it).

So, Bale, sadly ain't happening.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It really is not true that he doesn't consider any of those players first XI material - he picked Mctominay over Herrera and Fellaini multiple times. Lingard became a first XI player under Jose. Rashford played 50+ games this season. Bailly was injured most of the season and Lindelof certainly didn't merit a place in the finals. Fellaini barely played this season. Lukaku is young at 24 but you didn't see Jose sacrificing him for Zlatan.

And going back to Lingard... Jose picked him over Mata numerous times so if it was about age, that argument doesn't hold.

There is a validity behind his search for more maturity in the squad. Martial as a winger didn't come through. Luke Shaw as a LB still hasn't proven himself. We have players with potential in these areas but we do need some experience and players who have grit which comes with age.
Now you're just forcing it. Zlatan couldn't even move. How did he suppose to play? Then Lingard, my goodness. Why then the Willian rumor is so strong, if Mou see Lingard as first XI material. McTominay is never his first XI material. He's a sub. Now he just bought Fred. In general, he never prefer young players.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Amazed how quickly Sanchez has been written off on here, after just half a season where we had nothing to play for in the league.
I expect a slight improvement next year after he's had a bit of time to relax this summer. But still not enough of an improvement where he will be the same Alexis we saw at Arsenal.

Shaun Oldman

I'll say this, given the chance would you wind the clock back and not sign him?

He's had the worst opening for a big player that I've ever seen (we are talking Diego Forlan but for 10x the cost)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think it all depends on what our aims are. If we want to get a quick victory, possibly win an EPL title now with no care about the future whatsoever then Bale might make sense. I stress on the word might because Shitty are so ahead of us + world class wingers rely so much on consistency and pace. The latter is a bit tricky for Bale considering he's injury prone and the latter we'll soon start declining. Having said that if we want to close the gap quickly and we're willing to gamble on Bale's ability to remain fit despite moving to a more physical league to what he's playing now, then assuming that gamble pays off then he's a step to the right direction. Bale is a great player when fit.

However, that comes with a price. In 3-4 years time the likes of Mata, Sanchez, Bale, Smalling, Matic and co will be at the wrong side of their career and on ridiculous salaries which makes it difficult for us to get rid. We'll be basically at the same position SAF left us in with the difference that the golden oldies we'll have won't be the class of 92 but a pack of mercenaries, on ridiculous salary, who would want to squeeze the last penny from the club before the show is over.

I honestly think we need to go back to our roots. We need to go for young players who are hungry for success and not for a final pay cheque and possibly a cosy little treatment room to rest in every now and then. Liverpool had shown us time and time again that its possible to add top quality wingers in their prime who can score goals. Mou did wonders at scouting level hiring the likes of Ribalta. I hope he trust him to find the right winger for us.

Cliche Guevara

(1st post)

Sad reality here is we brought in our superstar attacker, who also , sadly is roughly the same age etc etc.

The moment we signed Sanchez , another guy on huge money became unlikely in my view.

We really have signed Rooney mark 2 for twice as much money (or certainly huge wages whichever spin you put on it).

So, Bale, sadly ain't happening.
I’m not sure I agree. I genuinely think we have enough money for another two elite signings. The fees involved might be an issue but wages I don’t think we have any problems with another one or two on £300k pw.

The biggest problem, for me, is players wanting to come and clubs being willing to sell.

Johannes Martinus

11 goals, 11 assists in 45 matches.......he doesn't goes missing constantly for us and he certainly doesn't spend so much time in treatment room either.
He went missing in the entire '18 half of this past campaign. He played full 90s in scoreless losses to Newcastle, Brighton and Tottenham. He also played the majority of the 1-2 loss to Huddersfield in which his replacement scored the lone goal. Thats 12 of the 19 point defect on the table.

Cliche Guevara

He went missing in the entire '18 half of this past campaign. He played full 90s in scoreless losses to Newcastle, Brighton and Tottenham. He also played the majority of the 1-2 loss to Huddersfield in which his replacement scored the lone goal. Thats 12 of the 19 point defect on the table.
He hasn’t scored in his last thirteen appearances!

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Amazed how quickly Sanchez has been written off on here, after just half a season where we had nothing to play for in the league.
Yep, you wouldn't think this was the same guy who was rated top 5 in the league who we didn't think we had a chance of getting just before!
On a forum where there are still people saying Shaw will come good, after 4 years , it's incredible people are writing Sanchez off, when we don't exactly play expansive stuff.

El Zoido

So this is extra dead now surely, with Ronnie looking like he’s off to Juve.

Will Bale look to be the main man or will Madrid consider him deadwood and try to cash in before his legs go completely, so they can chase Neymar/Mbappe.

ravi2

So this is extra dead now surely, with Ronnie looking like he’s off to Juve.

Will Bale look to be the main man or will Madrid consider him deadwood and try to cash in before his legs go completely, so they can chase Neymar/Mbappe.
The smart thing for Real to do is to sell Bale while he has market value, plus Ronaldo and buy Hazard & Neymar.
Offload 2 aging superstars and buy the future.

They did the same thing to fund the Galactico era

mikey_d

The smart thing for Real to do is to sell Bale while he has market value, plus Ronaldo and buy Hazard & Neymar.

You realise there’s only 18 months between between bale and hazard; 2.5 years between bale and Neymar. Hardly massive age differences.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You realise there’s only 18 months between between bale and hazard; 2.5 years between bale and Neymar. Hardly massive age differences.
You didn't get the memo, as soon as a player is in his late twenties he should move to the MLS.

JimmyKnowsBest

Ok, I've had my doubts, but that performance against Liverpool was basically the ultimate United audition.

Issued a 'come get me' plea in his post match interview.

Give him what he wants and lets bring this fine lad home to the PL.

What say you lot?
He would be good for 2 to 3 years. Not sure how much longer his pace will last. Think Henry, hes no good after the pace goes. Depends how much you think its worth spending on someone with no resell value, and probably only at his peak another 2 years. Hes not ronaldo or a messi they are more then just pace to get goals, especially messi.

Fer

If Ronaldo signs for Juve, I think Bale would stay and Madrid would buy 2 players(Hazard + Striker).

If Madrid pay 300m for Neymar, I doubt they also sign Hazard.

I can see Lopetegui playing Isco and Asensio a bit more. Maybe he can get the best of both players.

red thru&thru

Hopefully this...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If Ronaldo signs for Juve, I think Bale would stay and Madrid would buy 2 players(Hazard + Striker).

If Madrid pay 300m for Neymar, I doubt they also sign Hazard.

I can see Lopetegui playing Isco and Asensio a bit more. Maybe he can get the best of both players.
300m for Neymar would be hilarious as he's barely worth 150. Still, Perez knows he's fecked if Ronnie leaves, so I wouldn't put it past him to try.

davidmichael

If I was Lopetegui I’d sell Bale as well as Ronaldo so I could move away from the ‘BBC era’ and put my own stamp on the team and then bring in Neymar and Icardi to play with Asenio or Isco as the front choice trio up top.

Looks like €100 million for Ronaldo and I’d expect a similar amount would be needed for Bale so that pays for most of Neymar who’s pretty much the only player in the world they could sign to market like Ronaldo and between Neymar and Icardi you probably replace Ronaldo’s goals per season.

With Bale not at the World Cup I find it mad that we’ve not heard anything in regards to him coming since the week following the Champions League final, we’ve got about 5 weeks left of the transfer window and we still desperately need world class signings at right wing and left back.

Mainoldo

I would completely revamp the attack if I was them. Neymar and Hazard in Bale and Ronaldo out. I don’t think Bale is ready or be there main star neither do Real fans.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If I was Lopetegui I’d sell Bale as well as Ronaldo so I could move away from the ‘BBC era’ and put my own stamp on the team and then bring in Neymar and Icardi to play with Asenio or Isco as the front choice trio up top.

Looks like €100 million for Ronaldo and I’d expect a similar amount would be needed for Bale so that pays for most of Neymar who’s pretty much the only player in the world they could sign to market like Ronaldo and between Neymar and Icardi you probably replace Ronaldo’s goals per season.

With Bale not at the World Cup I find it mad that we’ve not heard anything in regards to him coming since the week following the Champions League final, we’ve got about 5 weeks left of the transfer window and we still desperately need world class signings at right wing and left back.
Sell Bale for who though. There aren't any world class replacements available and we know how Perez loves his galactico buys. Unless he's going to break the bank on Neymar, I can't see Bale going anywhere since Ronaldo already seems gone.

davidmichael

Sell Bale for who though. There aren't any world class replacements available and we know how Perez loves his galactico buys. Unless he's going to break the bank on Neymar, I can't see Bale going anywhere since Ronaldo already seems gone.
As I said they already have Isco and Asenio on the right and both had already displaced Bale on the right anyway so bring in Neymar to replace Ronaldo and Icardi or Lewandowski as an upgrade on Benzema, I think Neymar and Icardi or Lewandowski between them would replace the goals lost from Ronaldo moving to Juve.

Fer

Ronaldo is not only a galactico, he's Real Madrid image worldwide. IMO Neymar is the only player who can replace Ronaldo's merchandise.

Lopetegui will use Isco a lot, but not as RW. In fact, he didn't use him in that position. So Bale would be their main RW with Asensio to cover Neymar, Bale and even Isco as CAM in some games.

Madrid have a lot of money to spend. They haven't made a big investment the last years.
If they decide to sell Bale, I can see Madrid use him to get Hazard or even Lewandowski.

ravi2

Ronaldo is not only a galactico, he's Real Madrid image worldwide. IMO Neymar is the only player who can replace Ronaldo's merchandise.

Lopetegui will use Isco a lot, but not as RW. In fact, he didn't use him in that position. So Bale would be their main RW with Asensio to cover Neymar, Bale and even Isco as CAM in some games.

Madrid have a lot of money to spend. They haven't made a big investment the last years.
If they decide to sell Bale, I can see Madrid use him to get Hazard or even Lewandowski.

I think with Hazard and Neymar they will be set.
Maybe even sell Benzema as well, get Lewa and go full galatico.

Perez wouldnt sell Ronaldo unless he has something big lined up

davidmichael

Did Isco not play instead of Bale ? I thought Isco played on the right, Benzema through the middle and Ronaldo from the left ?

Fer

Did Isco not play instead of Bale ? I thought Isco played on the right, Benzema through the middle and Ronaldo from the left ?
Lopetegui played Isco as CAM for Spain, not as a winger.

Also, Madrid used to play with a 4312 formation with Isco behind Ronaldo and Benzema.

Fer

I think with Hazard and Neymar they will be set.
Maybe even sell Benzema as well, get Lewa and go full galatico.

Perez wouldnt sell Ronaldo unless he has something big lined up
I think they will sign Neymar OR Hazard, not both because they play in the same position.

It would be like Barcelona signing Dybala when they have Messi. It could happen but IMO it will be a LW + striker.

ravi2

I think they will sign Neymar OR Hazard, not both because they play in the same position.

It would be like Barcelona signing Dybala when they have Messi. It could happen but IMO it will be a LW + striker.
Maybe Perez wants Mbappe and Hazard...thats the RW and LW sorted plus they will have money left over to still buy Lewa if they wished.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Bale will likely stay.

Real Madrid will buy a couple of superstars also. The sort of players we could only dream of getting.

MetoTTT

I think Real wouldn't win anything next season and will enter in a transitional period then Florentino goes "all galacticos" in the end of the season with Neymar/Salah/Mbappé/De Bruyne etc type of signings.
And Bale is staying for sure....unfortunately...he's all we need on the right wing (except his injury record).