Let’s sign Gareth Bale

Suv666

If it did come to that, then they can feck off.

De Gea is our best, and most important player. Bale, on the other hand, doesn't always start for Madrid.
If it was one of their younger players like Isco or Ascensio I might even consider it but for Bale it would be insanity.

RMD83

Bale is a crock and in the autumn of his career. If people think think a nearly 30 year old player who’s only fit for 1/3 of the season is the answer to us closing the enormous gap on city is the answer then you need to get your heads examined. Not to mention the minimum £80m he would cost to play sparingly. Great player when fit but we need to stay well clear.

WPMUFC

Almost three pages about not wanting him because of being injured all season, yet bale confirms he had a 5-6 week injury at the beginning of the season and has simply not been played since. :lol:

He's basically demanding game time assurances or a transfer. Left hope he doesn't get those assurances.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Anyone would be insanity, in my opinion. De Gea is irreplaceable.
Agree. I can understand people watching the CL Final and getting excited about the prospect of buying Bale, but they should also focus on the real game changer in this match and count our blessings that we have a truly WC goalkeeper.

Bwuk

Get him. None of our players could do what he done tonight.

United legend alone for the goal

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I don’t know what’s worse - The emotional reaction to Bale’s performance/interview or Bale’s overly emotional interview itself.

He was probably furious for not starting after some great form and would have been adrenalined to the max when speaking. He’ll get a few reassurances, a hero’s welcome in Madrid and will likely stay.

That great performance also doesn’t negate any of the concerns that existed in the first place. No one doubted his talent, but he’s very reliant on his athleticism and has recurring muscle issues. He’s missed a lot of games in the last 3 years in a much less physically demanding league.

A fit, prime Bale would be the perfect signing. I doubt we’ll get that but we’ll unquestionably be paying for it. Avoid.

Greck

No. There was never any doubt he's still world class but in Madrid he can be injured for long periods and still have his team reach the finals. if he was coming on 50mil them fine but the Morata saga already showed us what Madrid think of us. A cash pinata. They will ask for De Gea or some absurd sum. They want to rebuild and would have no interest in pawning any player for cheap.

Heck their confidence in recouping big sums for these players is likely why they proposed the 100mil net spend limit for FFP

van Nistelrooy

His post-match interview for ITV also sounded like a 'come and get me' plea.

As a Welshman myself, I've been a big fan of Bale for a long time. However, the injuries in recent years have made me cautious about making a move. However, even with his goals aside tonight, he made runs and tracked back better than most of our players do in a number of games.

I'd rather have a Gareth Bale who is only fit for half the season, over any of our current outfield players. Even if it costs us £80-90m.

Get it done, Woody!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Let's not. He won't play more than half the season and he'll be expensive as feck in terms of transfer fee + wages.

automaticflare

I don’t think anyone ever questions his ability it is his injury record

Plus he just slapped and extra 50m on his price tage

Sparky Rhiwabon

At 1-1 tonight I said to my mates "Bale will come on and win this". Absolutely world class.

extincti fugax hominum

I didn't want him until now as he's a bit of a crock, nearly 29 and he turned down United in the past but feck it...

I'd definitely take him over the likes of Willian etc. If we are signing a nearly 30 player, it has to be a top top talent and at least "has been" world-class player like Sanchez and Bale are, not a player like Willian. If he can get over his fitness issues, he would be massive signing for us as we lacked a proper right winger for nearly 5-6 years now.

Straight swap for Mata? Madrid have been trying to sign a Spaniard from us for ages so I'm sure they'll be game, set it up Ed.
Any chance Real are interested in Mata? Even if we pay some cash on top of Mata and get Bale, it would be a great deal for us imo. Looking highly unlikely though.

El Zoido

Any chance he’d take a massive pay cut and go back to Spurs? He’s been linked with us tons but I get the feeling he doesn’t want to play for us. Chelsea have been mentioned too.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that any really top class player would want to play in this United side..

Aloysius's Back 3

I always felt he got crocked so frequently because he isn't the main man at Madrid. The guy is not as efficient as he can be being the main man of a team playing centrally like he does for wales. Him at the right wing - he's consistently flying around like Bambi & I'm sure that leads to some of his injuries even if its in training.

The bale that plays for Wales is the main man and an absolute monster & the guy hardly moves from one spot. He never get's to do that at madrid because he always plays second fiddle to Ronaldo & Benzema.

Get him & play him centrally.

Maybe Giggs can come manage after homeboy

UDontMessWith24

Fwiw the Twitter account that said Perisic and Morata were nailed on said it's happening. The Twitter account that correctly predicted Pogba and Mata has said nothing.

dogwithabone

He’s a big game match winner and we don’t have anyone of that ilk bar a fully firing Sanchez.

As far as I’m concerned he could come here half crocked, miss half a season and score a dozen goals in big games. That alone could tilt the title our way.

peridigm

Fwiw the Twitter account that said Perisic and Morata were nailed on said it's happening. The Twitter account that correctly predicted Pogba and Mata has said nothing.
What’s that scrote that sells finger lickin’ good chicken say?

buchansleftleg

That overhead kick was very impressive but it reminds me of of Rooneys against City....a final highlight amid a run of poor form that signalled his terminal decline.

Bale has got one good year left in him for sure but it will come at quite a cost.

Woodzy

That overhead kick was very impressive but it reminds me of of Rooneys against City....a final highlight amid a run of poor form that signalled his terminal decline.

Bale has got one good year left in him for sure but it will come at quite a cost.
You’re mental if you think Rooney had nothing to offer after that goal.

lsd

The Oracle
Ok, I've had my doubts, but that performance against Liverpool was basically the ultimate United audition.

Issued a 'come get me' plea in his post match interview.

Give him what he wants and lets bring this fine lad home to the PL.

What say you lot?

What he wants is nothing to do with Utd ... So let's give him that instead of fawning over him every single year

Ekeke

A winger that actually plays on the right? Would make too much sense. However he is quite a physical player so Jose might be a fan