Let’s sign Gareth Bale

Did you watch him for Wales yesterday? I have never seen him so ineffective in a match for Wales, he looks done to me.
No but I thought Sterling and Sancho looked pretty ineffective for England the other night and I wouldn’t consider either of those “done”.

Bale proved his fitness last season playing 42 games, he’d be cheap as feck as it’d be a loan so even 300k extra /week on top of a regular players wages would be just £15million extra outlay for the season.
And the added bonus, our reported number one RW target would be ready to join us next season, especially so if Bale could help us have a great season.

It’s certainly be worth considering at least, but as I say, Bale would have to actually want it, and really want it, otherwise it’d be a daft as feck signing. My gut feeling, Bale has never had any interest in joining Manchester United and seems resolute in his desire to remain in Madrid so even now when being hounded out of the club, he wouldn’t want the move here.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Did you watch him for Wales yesterday? I have never seen him so ineffective in a match for Wales, he looks done to me.
That was wales in general though. Not really fair to judge him based on that. Thought he still had a fair bit of pace, considering.

Mylock

Did you miss the part of my post where I said we’d be daft to sign him if he doesn’t want it?

Ffs people, at least read an entire post before replying.
What you are missing is that Bale has said on numerous occasions he happy in Madrid. He has turned us down on numerous occasions, his career is on a downhill spiral. Would be a waste of money.

LARulz

On loan but we pay a fee and his wages it seems? What's the point

buckooo1978

on loan you'd have to be interested

he's a class act and the kind of player who can be the difference between 6th and 4th

the other thing is he's an experienced winner - something we are in short supply of

I'm 100% behind us buying players 24 and under but you need someone who sets the standard

Beckham, Scholes, Giggs etc had Cantona to look up to

Zed 101

The point of a Bale loan deal:

Low risk - can get shot if not working (unlike Sanchez debackle)
Relatively low cost (maybe £25 million for the season)
High profile - shows intent, for all those fans who think we cannot attract players, welll this would make a few people/players think again
Impact - Bale if he is any type of form could maybe be worth 15 points in the season which is massive

Either as an impact sub when we are struggling to unlock a defence or as a play 60 minutes and then give Martial/James a blast, Bale makes sense if the finances are right ad he is up for the move.

The amount of players that have supposedly been burnt out at Real only to leave and come good, is large, Bale has teh potential to be one of thse players, the biggest risk in all of this is that he flops and we don't play him/send him back, or that he flies and his profile rises and so does any pontential transfer fee

I don't get the negativity if teh deal is favourable financially it is a no risk, lowish cost, no brainer, sign Bale for £25 mill seems like even Woodward could not eff that up

cyberman

Loan deal is a no brainer. I thought he was s constant threat v Croatia yesterday so im sure he would trouble the likes of Norwich and Brighton.
The perfect bridge while we wait for Sancho.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He'll spend most of the season either injured or recovering from injury

sp_107

Bale is just like our Alexis headache for Madrid

We could just ask 2 year loan deal for 24 mil all included(7mil wages and 5mil signing fee per year) That way we don't have to upset other players on wages

Looks like Pogba, Lukaku, Degea, Alexis are leaving in this window so this is our best chance to bring some order in the house on wages( rather giving 130K to players like Lingard. When we learn?)

But if we miss signing one of Brandt,Richarlsom, Pepe, Sancho, Felix, Bejwein because of BALE then I will make a pass on bale

devilish

The point of a Bale loan deal:

Low risk - can get shot if not working (unlike Sanchez debackle)
Relatively low cost (maybe £25 million for the season)
High profile - shows intent, for all those fans who think we cannot attract players, welll this would make a few people/players think again
Impact - Bale if he is any type of form could maybe be worth 15 points in the season which is massive

Either as an impact sub when we are struggling to unlock a defence or as a play 60 minutes and then give Martial/James a blast, Bale makes sense if the finances are right ad he is up for the move.

The amount of players that have supposedly been burnt out at Real only to leave and come good, is large, Bale has teh potential to be one of thse players, the biggest risk in all of this is that he flops and we don't play him/send him back, or that he flies and his profile rises and so does any pontential transfer fee

I don't get the negativity if teh deal is favourable financially it is a no risk, lowish cost, no brainer, sign Bale for £25 mill seems like even Woodward could not eff that up
Add another 25m to that and we might sign a player who is still useful to have on the pitch

redIndianDevil

It's a no-brainer, if, if we could get 45 games out of him next season he'd score 30
That's a very big if. He is already injury prone in a less physical league, we have to be really lucky like we did with van Persie's title winning season.

Beaucoup

If the club think this is a signing to excite the fans, then they are truly out of touch.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

I don't like this at all. Turned us down multiple times before, we shouldn't be giving him or Madrid an out now that his body is shutting down.

Even if you ignore his massive wages this isn't "low risk". Very good chance he's injured all the time and/or a shell of his former self when he does play which will make the club look like even bigger mugs than we already do - terrible for morale.

Celoti23-81

Add another 25m to that and we might sign a player who is still useful to have on the pitch
None of the top talents want to come to us, Sancho, Pepe, Bergwijn, wants champions league football and go to clubs going places. Maddison wants to stay at Leicester.
I'll give it to the last day of the transfer window till everybody is desperate to sign Bale, cause we have sold Pogba, we have given Lingard a new contract, and our only other signing will have been Nathan Collins!

vangagal

We would be stupid enough to loan Bale and pay his wage in full. Considering Woodward, its very likely.
I dont mind Bale on loan as long Madrid's the one who paid the wages.
Feck them off after wants 80mil for Morata.

devilish

None of the top talents want to come to us, Sancho, Pepe, Bergwijn, wants champions league football and go to clubs going places. Maddison wants to stay at Leicester.
I'll give it to the last day of the transfer window till everybody is desperate to sign Bale, cause we have sold Pogba, we have given Lingard a new contract, and our only other signing will have been Nathan Collins!
I very much doubt that someone like Brooks will refuse us. I'm sick of seeing our club being used as some retirement house for washed up players who only care about their final pay cheque

MDFC Manager

Why on earth would we want to help out Madrid to clear out their junk? We're struggling to clear out our own junk as it is.

Do not want. The people who think he'll score 30 goals :lol:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Ah man! I can't find that goal of his for Spurs...

The ball came from behind and he semi-bicycle-kicked it right into the corner. The Caf lost it back then. Most finally realized he had technique. I loved Bale.

Then he dropped us. Again and again. Every summer I dared to believe he would come to us. And now... I don't want him... But we need him. We really do.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Bale is just like our Alexis headache for Madrid

We could just ask 2 year loan deal for 24 mil all included(7mil wages and 5mil signing fee per year) That way we don't have to upset other players on wages

Looks like Pogba, Lukaku, Degea, Alexis are leaving in this window so this is our best chance to bring some order in the house on wages( rather giving 130K to players like Lingard. When we learn?)

But if we miss signing one of Brandt,Richarlsom, Pepe, Sancho, Felix, Bejwein because of BALE then I will make a pass on bale
He is 100 times better than Sanchez.

Celoti23-81

I very much doubt that someone like Brooks will refuse us
That would be a good signing actually. And I highly doubt Bournemouth would ask for silly money! The problem is, we are giving Lingard a new contract and have offered Mata a new one. They all play centrally. If mata and lingard are our right wing options next summer, I have no faith in Ole.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I’ll go back into hiding if this happens. Would be a signal absolutely fecking nothing has changed.

A loan fee, FFS.
Loan fees are perfectly normal these days.

I don't want us to sign Bale, but a loan deal could actually make a feck load of sense. Much less risk.

WPMUFC

because we know woodward's MO, i could easily see this (loan or buy) being done on the final day after all the targets either collapse during talks or we finally hit the wall where no one of quality talent wants to play in the EL with a novice manager that may-may not see out the season.

IMO, i hope Ole has the sense and the balls to veto all these kinds of signings. Because if we are going to miss out of quality like Sancho, De Ligt, Koulibaly (for what ever reasons). Id rather spend 100m on 4 prospects and just yolo the season. We don't need to invest tens of millions in deadwood like bale when the ole experiment could blow up in 6 months and leaving a bale-sized anchor around our necks like jose has done with sanchez.

Sp00ks11

Signing Bale would be embarrassing. This is a player who has made it clear on multiple occasions he doesn't want to join us. Not to mention it would be helping Real clear a massive chunk of their deadwood whilst we would be signing a busted flush who would most likely spend at least 50% on the treatment table with Jones.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’d like Bale here, on loan even better.

I don’t see why him wanting to stay and prove himself at Madrid over the years or leaving spurs for Madrid therefore ‘turning us down’ should be used as a stick to beat him? not every player we have or sign grew up supporting united or dreams of playing for us.

Bale is a class act, he’s a great leader of the welsh team and the youngsters clearly look upto him. He’s got goals in him and that’s something we seriously lack.

I really hope we land some kind of deal.

R'hllor

When you read some posts and the way of thinking, we deserve everything whats coming to us. Best part they have a cheek to have a go at EW.

Thiagoal

If the idea is being through loads of academy kids and sign loads of promising English youngsters then we most definitely also need the experience of top pros that have been there and won trophies!

I know the in thing is to slate Bale but he'd be a massive improvement on what we have an a loan deal would mean we aren't lumbered if things don't work out! Problem is, I doubt he'd want to come to us in our current predicament

Revan

Assumptionman
If this happens, then it is another sign that the decision makers at the club have no fecking idea how to run the club. Bale is an expensive, overrated crock who will be a slightly better (but likely more expensive if the rumours about his salary at Madrid are true) of Sanchez.

LARulz

A top player for an extra outlay of just around 15m for the season. Then dump him and buy Sancho.

Plenty of “point”.
Top player who is barely fit. He's not cheap. His wages are huge and the fee I assume won't be nominal. Doesn't matter if we can afford it, doesn't mean we should accept being taken for clowns