g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Let’s sign Gareth Bale

StrettyEnder07

Sounds like you should apply to be the sporting director....maybe you could ask for Real to pay all of Bale's salary and maybe a happy ending massage for your trouble.

Alternatively with your melt talk...I hear love island is back on soon....!

As for day off...I'm sitting by the pool right now, ha ha.
Unfortunately I'm not an ex-player so Woodward would have zero interest in me haha

Hey if I could get Madrid to pay all of Bale's wages and have happy ending from a female member of his staff, happy days!

Melt is a Northern thing mate not Southern, will leave Love Island to the cockneys.

Enjoy the sun!

StrettyEnder07

People don't want Bale because he would be a continuation of United's short term transfer policy which has done you zero good over the last 5 years or so. Players like Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger coming in because they're big names and were quality in their heyday but now are either struggling with injuries, out of their prime or simply no longer as motivated. Bale is a potential combination of all three of those and would be another big ego coming to United who would be unlikely to want to knuckle down and buy in to the manager's philosophy.

None of your fans are asking for Messi, that's just a silly exaggeration to make a point. What your fans do seem to want is the club to focus on trying to find the next Bale, rather than signing the one who has spent his recent career popping up for the odd game and playing a lot of golf. I don't think anybody is happy with continuing to start Lingard either, just that the solution shouldn't be 'let's sign the welsh Alexis Sanchez' if you really want the situation at the club to change.

Bale might end up scoring quite a few goals, but it's equally likely he would upset the dressing room, spend most of his time on the treatment table and not help contribute to any potential pressing game you want to play. It would be far better to sign someone who may not have the quality now, but would be better in the long term and prepared to run himself in to the ground for the football club. Even if Bale was a successful signing he would be very much in the 'short term fix' category where you're shoving plasters on everything rather than actually fixing it.
Which is why I have said about 6 times mate that he is about 4th on the list of priorities behind Sancho, Pepe, Brooks and why I have said numerous times that I would have no interest in buying him permanently but a 12 month loan deal could be an option to allow us to spend this years budget elsewhere and then go big for Sancho next summer.

What I might do is start pasting that to the bottom of each message as people seem to struggle to understand the concept of a loan.

To everyone on Red Cafe, I do not want United to buy Bale, simply saying 12 month loan option could be a short term fix if none of our RW targets are available this summer.

Do we all get that, can we move on?

StrettyEnder07

Rash on 45K a week, don't make up lies. Injured all the season Bale is on 600K a week. You people learned nothing from Sanchez deal.
FML, talking about the deal that is on the table not his current deal Einstein, christ.

Not rocket science, you know that deal that is currently on the table, not the one he signed a few years ago?

So it's not lies is it, wind it in

StrettyEnder07

On those conditions? Sure i'd take him. Not sure those conditions are realistic...
As I say mate, that is what I would say to you boys, those are the conditions, if you want rid then we will take him, if they are unrealistic and you say no, then move onto other targets.

Worth an ask, I'm sure Inter will be asking us the same thing regarding Sancez, they are only offering 5m for Darmian and he still an Italian international, clubs have unrealistic outlooks when valuing players.

It might not be right, but it happens.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As I say mate, that is what I would say to you boys, those are the conditions, if you want rid then we will take him, if they are unrealistic and you say no, then move onto other targets.

Worth an ask, I'm sure Inter will be asking us the same thing regarding Sancez, they are only offering 5m for Darmian and he still an Italian international, clubs have unrealistic outlooks when valuing players.

It might not be right, but it happens.
I don't think we'd agree, but more importantly i really don't think Bale would agree

StrettyEnder07

I don't think we'd agree, but more importantly i really don't think Bale would agree
Ha yeah probably not mate, sure he is quite happy sat in the sun playing golf. As say they are the only conditions I would take him under, certainly wouldn't be permanent or pay a fee, if it gets like we are with Sanchez, we just want rid.

I can see United paying a large portion of his wages if he goes to Inter just to get him off the books and get a replacement in.

Are your message boards as sensitive as ours ha you can't have a different opinion without people having an absolute meltdown on here.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
To be fair you have seen him day in day out, I have watched about 3 Madrid games this season, I can't recall him being injured to much this season just seems to have been frozen out, especially the last 6 months or so.

So if you're United, Sancho/Pepe are not obtainable this summer, you get offered Bale on loan for half his wages for a season, he is an insane improvement on Mata/Lingard (don't care what any muppet on here says), you not think that would be a pretty risk free bit of business from our point of view?
I agree with your opinion and your right to express the same. However, there are more respectable ways of expressing your opinion than calling people muppets.

StrettyEnder07

I agree with your opinion and your right to express the same. However, there are more respectable ways of expressing your opinion than calling people muppets.
Jesus does everyone get called up on every single little thing said on here, worse than being in school.

Ok apologies, every opinionated, incorrect, disrespectful, lovely caring and beautiful individual on the forum.

Hope that's better

Red4Life_#7

Bale is not the same player as a few years ago that is for sure, but he is still a world class player on his day.
Learning from the past, Falcao, Sanchez, Di Maria etc Stars don't guarantee success and his injury record is shocking.

The only things that work is a loan deal for us (try before buy) or them coming to an agreement to buy out his contract and we take him on a free or we offer 30m to sign him with clauses in place.

Real Madrid hell on to him too long, his value isn't high any more. Only PSG, Bayern, Man Utd, Man C and maybe Tottenham could potentially sign him.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Which is why I have said about 6 times mate that he is about 4th on the list of priorities behind Sancho, Pepe, Brooks and why I have said numerous times that I would have no interest in buying him permanently but a 12 month loan deal could be an option to allow us to spend this years budget elsewhere and then go big for Sancho next summer.

What I might do is start pasting that to the bottom of each message as people seem to struggle to understand the concept of a loan.

To everyone on Red Cafe, I do not want United to buy Bale, simply saying 12 month loan option could be a short term fix if none of our RW targets are available this summer.

Do we all get that, can we move on?
If he's your fourth choice, why are you surprised at people saying they really don't want him? I mean you want Brooks before him ffs.

12 month loan deal would still involve you paying a large chunk of his wages, and if he's injured and in full cba attitude then it's a waste of a squad spot. Which plenty of people feel is more likely than him coming and being of real use.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's apparently told his team mates unless Real pay what he's owed, he'll just run down his contract and "play golf" while he's there.

I love it. :lol:
this is the mentality we don't need at United and why we shouldn't allow players of that sort anywhere near to OT.
It's 99% certain that that is just the Real Madrid-loving media trying to increase the pressure on him to leave. Make him out to be a prick so that the fans dislike him even more and for him to want to leave to get away from the bullshit.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
People don't want Bale because he would be a continuation of United's short term transfer policy which has done you zero good over the last 5 years or so. Players like Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger coming in because they're big names and were quality in their heyday but now are either struggling with injuries, out of their prime or simply no longer as motivated. Bale is a potential combination of all three of those and would be another big ego coming to United who would be unlikely to want to knuckle down and buy in to the manager's philosophy.

None of your fans are asking for Messi, that's just a silly exaggeration to make a point. What your fans do seem to want is the club to focus on trying to find the next Bale, rather than signing the one who has spent his recent career popping up for the odd game and playing a lot of golf. I don't think anybody is happy with continuing to start Lingard either, just that the solution shouldn't be 'let's sign the welsh Alexis Sanchez' if you really want the situation at the club to change.

Bale might end up scoring quite a few goals, but it's equally likely he would upset the dressing room, spend most of his time on the treatment table and not help contribute to any potential pressing game you want to play. It would be far better to sign someone who may not have the quality now, but would be better in the long term and prepared to run himself in to the ground for the football club. Even if Bale was a successful signing he would be very much in the 'short term fix' category where you're shoving plasters on everything rather than actually fixing it.
Top post. And you're not even a United fan.

redshaw

Wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth to what Bale said about playing golf. Could easily be said in anger or frustration and of course there's 54 million left on the contract.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's 99% certain that that is just the Real Madrid-loving media trying to increase the pressure on him to leave. Make him out to be a prick so that the fans dislike him even more and for him to want to leave to get away from the bullshit.
Still he's a dead weight who refuse to leave Real. Do we really want him at OT?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bolded is the only part that makes sense, but at the same time, if Bale wasn't fine with staying put and "play golf" while raking in the money, why would there even be a need for that?

I mean, even his agent came right out and said Bale wants to see out his contract and effectively implied/threatened Bale could do just that

StrettyEnder07

If he's your fourth choice, why are you surprised at people saying they really don't want him? I mean you want Brooks before him ffs.

12 month loan deal would still involve you paying a large chunk of his wages, and if he's injured and in full cba attitude then it's a waste of a squad spot. Which plenty of people feel is more likely than him coming and being of real use.
Who said I'm surprised people don't want him???

Would I take Brooks, 100% been absolute quality for Bournemouth, as he was for Sheffield United, ready for the step up, why is that so surprising? Young talented RW who scores goals, gets assists, creates chances, has pace and is intelligent on the ball, why wouldn't I want us to sign him? And you would take Bale before Brooks? No chance!

He's missed 1 game since the middle of January this year so injury wise been pretty much injury free for over 6 months. Thanks for letting me know we will have to pay some of his wages, here's me thinking they would just loan him to us on the house. During all his years at Spurs and his years at Madrid up until the last 12 months or so, his attitude to me seems to have been alright, to be fair if I had won 3 UCL's on the bounce and I was getting booed and battered from pillar to post everywhere I went, I would have a bit of a shite attitude myself.

Waste of a squad spot, haha how long you got, take Bale over Darmian, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Young, Matic, Fred, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez - But yeah that one squad spot could cause us carnage, thank god we haven't got any spots being wasted at the minute hey.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Who said I'm surprised people don't want him???

Would I take Brooks, 100% been absolute quality for Bournemouth, as he was for Sheffield United, ready for the step up, why is that so surprising? Young talented RW who scores goals, gets assists, creates chances, has pace and is intelligent on the ball, why wouldn't I want us to sign him? And you would take Bale before Brooks? No chance!

He's missed 1 game since the middle of January this year so injury wise been pretty much injury free for over 6 months. Thanks for letting me know we will have to pay some of his wages, here's me thinking they would just loan him to us on the house. During all his years at Spurs and his years at Madrid up until the last 12 months or so, his attitude to me seems to have been alright, to be fair if I had won 3 UCL's on the bounce and I was getting booed and battered from pillar to post everywhere I went, I would have a bit of a shite attitude myself.

Waste of a squad spot, haha how long you got, take Bale over Darmian, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Young, Matic, Fred, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez - But yeah that one squad spot could cause us carnage, thank god we haven't got any spots being wasted at the minute hey.

If you have a fourth choice player then the likelihood is you don't really want him that much. There's also loads more right wingers out there who would be better picks, it's not as if the footballing world is currently short of wide forwards.

You'd have to pay a huge part of his wages, like star player level wages, even if Madrid pay a certain amount. They aren't going to just do you a solid. Did Bale win 3 UCL's on the bounce on his own then? I must have missed when FC Bale were 3 time European champions. He played for a team who were European champions and contributed to that, but there was a reason he was getting backlash. The consistency of his performances wasn't there for most of his time at Madrid. He's sat there playing golf most of the time and barely looks arsed in most of his games for them, doesn't press, sulks .. and you're expecting him to go to United and be a great professional?

Right, so add another player on big wages to that list who probably isn't that arsed about playing for the club, that seems a fantastic idea. Instead of a young, hungry up and coming talent, go for a bloke who has spent more time golfing than playing football over the last year or so, and a player who is clearly on a steep decline. Basically Alexis Sanchez V2.

The whole point is you're doing a big rebuild and would move some of those names (like sanchez) on and replace them, so why go out and waste 300k a week on Bale at all? It's the definition of a short term solution which might not even work out that well in the short term. There's a reason you're getting so much backlash against being pro this signing, it's basically the same old mistake United have made season after season, it's Falcao all over again and most United fans are wise to it now.

You made out that fans who don't want him are spoiled and wouldn't want anyone else but Messi, when really they probably just want the club to focus on the long term and go for players who want to build their career at United, not use you as a retirement home.

StrettyEnder07

If you have a fourth choice player then the likelihood is you don't really want him that much. There's also loads more right wingers out there who would be better picks, it's not as if the footballing world is currently short of wide forwards.

You'd have to pay a huge part of his wages, like star player level wages, even if Madrid pay a certain amount. They aren't going to just do you a solid. Did Bale win 3 UCL's on the bounce on his own then? I must have missed when FC Bale were 3 time European champions. He played for a team who were European champions and contributed to that, but there was a reason he was getting backlash. The consistency of his performances wasn't there for most of his time at Madrid. He's sat there playing golf most of the time and barely looks arsed in most of his games for them, doesn't press, sulks .. and you're expecting him to go to United and be a great professional?

Right, so add another player on big wages to that list who probably isn't that arsed about playing for the club, that seems a fantastic idea. Instead of a young, hungry up and coming talent, go for a bloke who has spent more time golfing than playing football over the last year or so, and a player who is clearly on a steep decline. Basically Alexis Sanchez V2.

The whole point is you're doing a big rebuild and would move some of those names (like sanchez) on and replace them, so why go out and waste 300k a week on Bale at all? It's the definition of a short term solution which might not even work out that well in the short term. There's a reason you're getting so much backlash against being pro this signing, it's basically the same old mistake United have made season after season, it's Falcao all over again and most United fans are wise to it now.

You made out that fans who don't want him are spoiled and wouldn't want anyone else but Messi, when really they probably just want the club to focus on the long term and go for players who want to build their career at United, not use you as a retirement home.
That's why he is my fourth choice pick and only on a loan deal, you have probably missed 3/4 of my posts, I don't want him and have no interest in buying him, for the purpose of the topic someone asked if I would take him and said only way I would be open to it would be a loan deal for 12 months if none of our other targets are obtainable, that is it. Not expecting Madrid to do us a solid, not said they would, not expecting them to, I answered a question that if they paid 60 odd percent of his wages to get him out of the squad it could be a good bit of business considering we need 5/6 players this summer, which is a massive push, so if we could solve a problem area for 12 months while then spending the budget on CB, RB, 2x CM and CF, then happy days, he will have something to prove, if he stays injury free it could be a good deal, if it doesn't work out he goes back after 12 months. Also, shed load of LW forwards yeah, available RW, not as many IMO.

Bale FC, being a bit of a drama queen much? Basically won it for them last year when they were seriously struggling and has contributed massively over the last 3 years to them winning three, do he's done alright yeah, maybe enough for their fans to show him a bit more respect, personally think so.

Wage list, well you would expect Sanchez to be gone (500k), Lukaku (300k), potentially DDG (250k) plus Herrera, Valencia have gone who were on decent wages and if the stories are true Pogba potentially as well, think we might have a little wiggle room for Bale on 250/300k a week (yes before you go off on one, I know that Madrid will probably not do us a solid, as the whole fecking conversation was IF it was possible to get him on loan paying a smaller of a percentage of his wages it might be a good idea, if we have to pay 350k+ of his wages its a no go, before you go into drama queen mode.

And if you have seen any of my previous posts, you will know that my preference this summer would be a top class CB (Koulibaly/De Ligt) if none of them available or want to join then Maguire.

Rice, Neves, Fernandes (if Pogba leaves), Brooks/Pepe/Sancho and Dybala.

Don't go full judgmental because I think if the deal is right, Bale on loan for 12 months could be a solution to a massive problem for 12 months before Sancho in 2020.

Are we happy, can we move on, FML this forum jesus

Hammondo

W
Which is exactly why I have said I would take him on loan for a season but not buy him permanently, FML try actually having a clue what I am talking about before going off on one, so if Sancho/Pepe and our top RW targets are not obtainable this summer you would rather stick with Mata/Lingard for the RW rather than take Bale on loan for a season before hopefully going for Sancho next summer. THAT IS WHAT I'M SAYING FFS.
What's the point of getting him on loan or getting him at all?

We are about to start a big rebuild that will take years.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That's why he is my fourth choice pick and only on a loan deal, you have probably missed 3/4 of my posts, I don't want him and have no interest in buying him, for the purpose of the topic someone asked if I would take him and said only way I would be open to it would be a loan deal for 12 months if none of our other targets are obtainable, that is it. Not expecting Madrid to do us a solid, not said they would, not expecting them to, I answered a question that if they paid 60 odd percent of his wages to get him out of the squad it could be a good bit of business considering we need 5/6 players this summer, which is a massive push, so if we could solve a problem area for 12 months while then spending the budget on CB, RB, 2x CM and CF, then happy days, he will have something to prove, if he stays injury free it could be a good deal, if it doesn't work out he goes back after 12 months. Also, shed load of LW forwards yeah, available RW, not as many IMO.

Bale FC, being a bit of a drama queen much? Basically won it for them last year when they were seriously struggling and has contributed massively over the last 3 years to them winning three, do he's done alright yeah, maybe enough for their fans to show him a bit more respect, personally think so.

Wage list, well you would expect Sanchez to be gone (500k), Lukaku (300k), potentially DDG (250k) plus Herrera, Valencia have gone who were on decent wages and if the stories are true Pogba potentially as well, think we might have a little wiggle room for Bale on 250/300k a week (yes before you go off on one, I know that Madrid will probably not do us a solid, as the whole fecking conversation was IF it was possible to get him on loan paying a smaller of a percentage of his wages it might be a good idea, if we have to pay 350k+ of his wages its a no go, before you go into drama queen mode.

And if you have seen any of my previous posts, you will know that my preference this summer would be a top class CB (Koulibaly/De Ligt) if none of them available or want to join then Maguire.

Don't go full judgmental because I think if the deal is right, Bale on loan for 12 months could be a solution to a massive problem for 12 months before Sancho in 2020.

Yeah I think I'm done here. You're on a forum getting stupidly heated because people are debating your point of view.

We get that you want Bale on a 12 month loan and don't want to buy him. It's just that people still think that's short term thinking and still not worth the wages, particularly with the injury issues and his lack of desire.

I don't get why you feel the need to be pissy about people disagreeing with that. Another player heading in to his 30's who has injury issues in the past and questions over how motivated he is nowadays isn't what a lot of people are going to want to mark a rebuild, regardless of whether he's only around for 12 months or so. And that makes sense, as does your reasoning that he's just a short term thing and it would be worth a shot.

For me personally I think United need to move away from the short term thinking, even if that means you suffer a little for the next couple of seasons.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Go easy on him he's been seriously disturbed by Monday's events :)

Bwuk

I'm all for Bale on loan. Wouldn't pay to sign him though.

He's better than our current front 3 options.

Gandalf

Yeah I think I'm done here. You're on a forum getting stupidly heated because people are debating your point of view.

We get that you want Bale on a 12 month loan and don't want to buy him. It's just that people still think that's short term thinking and still not worth the wages, particularly with the injury issues and his lack of desire.

I don't get why you feel the need to be pissy about people disagreeing with that. Another player heading in to his 30's who has injury issues in the past and questions over how motivated he is nowadays isn't what a lot of people are going to want to mark a rebuild, regardless of whether he's only around for 12 months or so. And that makes sense, as does your reasoning that he's just a short term thing and it would be worth a shot.

For me personally I think United need to move away from the short term thinking, even if that means you suffer a little for the next couple of seasons.
To be clear he has had minimal issues with injuries in the last 2 seasons and the lack of desire stuff is frankly bollocks. I am not interested in a permanent signing and even a loan deal for 12 months does not get me too excited unless Real make us a fantastic offer but the made up nonsense being used to justify not signing him is starting to get old. You don't become the most successful British player of your generation through a lack of desire and he is no more injury prone than Giggs was.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
To be clear he has had minimal issues with injuries in the last 2 seasons and the lack of desire stuff is frankly bollocks. I am not interested in a permanent signing and even a loan deal for 12 months does not get me too excited unless Real make us a fantastic offer but the made up nonsense being used to justify mot signing him is starting to get old. You don't become the most successful British player of your generation through a lack of desire and he is no more injury prone than Giggs was.
You are aware that people can change, right?

Bale isn't the player he was when he became the most successful British player ever. He's achieved that success and doesn't necessarily still have the same attitude that got him there.

You call it made up nonsense, I call it watching him play for the last couple of seasons. Doesn't press, barely bothers to make intensive runs, shoots shitty looks to his teammates. He's still capable of popping up with a worldie now and then but his consistency isn't there any longer and if you think it is then you haven't been watching. No doubt he had a fantastic attitude throughout most of his career, but even serial winners can turn it on and off depending on whether they can be arsed any longer.

He's played more golf than football lately. His dream was to play for Madrid and he's achieved that dream, United could simply be a retirement home for him if he even has any interest in actually going.

And his injury issues throughout his career at Madrid have been pretty clear. He's entering his thirties now and they're not suddenly going to get better, the fact he's played less games due to being pretty piss poor when he gets on the pitch is probably responsible for a drop in injuries. That and the fact he barely any makes any proper sprints any longer, just kind of waits for the ball to come to him, he's a shadow of the lung busting wide player I remember at Spurs.

StrettyEnder07

Not getting pissy just when you have to repeat yourself about 30 times becomes a tad annoying, no issue with people disagreeing with me, don't bother me in the slightest its when people try to hammer home things that you say, when you haven't said it.

People disagree, good on them, what its all about, just can't stand it when people search Google for stats and try to hammer home their opinions on you simply because you disagree, can't stand it. Disagree with me, happy days, but don't try and put words in my mouth etc. (not saying you have just saying what has done my head in today).

Anyway, hopefully we don't sign Bale and get one of my personal first 3 options but if it comes down to a season of either Mata/Lingard on the right or Gareth Bale, 30 or not 30, only one winner for me.

Agree we need to move away from these superstar signings and go young hungry and full of pace, hence me wanting Pepe/Brooks or Sancho.

Anyway good luck next week hope you smash the Scousers.

StrettyEnder07

W

What's the point of getting him on loan or getting him at all?

We are about to start a big rebuild that will take years.
Have to say I love this forum for people stating the glaringly obvious haha yes were starting a rebuild and for the 400th time today, if we cannot get any of our top targets (Sancho staying at Dortmund, Pepe maybe going to PSG), Brooks hopefully were after, can't think of to many other options.

Then Bale on loan for a year would be a massive upgrade on Lingard/Mata and sometimes Young.

That my friend................is why

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not getting pissy just when you have to repeat yourself about 30 times becomes a tad annoying, no issue with people disagreeing with me, don't bother me in the slightest its when people try to hammer home things that you say, when you haven't said it.

People disagree, good on them, what its all about, just can't stand it when people search Google for stats and try to hammer home their opinions on you simply because you disagree, can't stand it. Disagree with me, happy days, but don't try and put words in my mouth etc. (not saying you have just saying what has done my head in today).

Anyway, hopefully we don't sign Bale and get one of my personal first 3 options but if it comes down to a season of either Mata/Lingard on the right or Gareth Bale, 30 or not 30, only one winner for me.

Agree we need to move away from these superstar signings and go young hungry and full of pace, hence me wanting Pepe/Brooks or Sancho.

Anyway good luck next week hope you smash the Scousers.

Fair enough. I think people when they hear the words 'Gareth Bale' probably just get flashbacks of Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Sanchez, Di Maria etc. Although I suppose Ibra worked out well enough, but he arrived off the back of an incredible season at PSG.

I think as a club you should definitely be able to bring in a young wide player like Brooks or Pepe, what is stopping you? You have the funds, you're still a draw, there are the options out there.

Also in fairness from my perspective I really don't want him at United because it would feel incredibly weird to see him play for another PL club! Not allowed, Gareth.

Cheers, already bricking it.

Hammondo

Have to say I love this forum for people stating the glaringly obvious haha yes were starting a rebuild and for the 400th time today, if we cannot get any of our top targets (Sancho staying at Dortmund, Pepe maybe going to PSG), Brooks hopefully were after, can't think of to many other options.

Then Bale on loan for a year would be a massive upgrade on Lingard/Mata and sometimes Young.

You have not explained why, you just explained why not Sancho or Pepe. There are other options, we need many players in many positions. Our main aims for next season are not to win trophies.

Le Red

It's sad to read most of the posts. Feels like yesterday that he was skinning Maicon alive.

Fair enough. I think people when they hear the words 'Gareth Bale' probably just get flashbacks of Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Sanchez, Di Maria etc. Although I suppose Ibra worked out well enough, but he arrived off the back of an incredible season at PSG.

I think as a club you should definitely be able to bring in a young wide player like Brooks or Pepe, what is stopping you? You have the funds, you're still a draw, there are the options out there.

Also in fairness from my perspective I really don't want him at United because it would feel incredibly weird to see him play for another PL club! Not allowed, Gareth.

There's definately a case for fans having had their fingers burnt with some players over the past 5 years.

I don't think there would be a motivation issue with Bale, the biggest issue would be his injuries.

I think it's a really big possibility that he will be at Utd come September, but do think it will be on a year or two year loan.

The likes of Sanchez and Di Maria have also brought into focus the massive cost of these players, and the disruptiveness of them if they are not performing. If they play like one of the best players in the world, the rest of the squad won't care that they are getting the requisite pay. For that reason, his wages would need to be subsidised - and I think Real despirately want rid, so they will subsidise his wages.

A loan on subsidised wages, taking away the financial risk would be a no brainer. I can imagine he might be frustrating, as clearly he'd miss quite a few games through injury, but when on the pitch he would still be class.

StrettyEnder07

You have not explained why, you just explained why not Sancho or Pepe. There are other options, we need many players in many positions. Our main aims for next season are not to win trophies.
So why would I want Gareth Bale on loan instead of putting up with Lingard.

Ok so Lingard has 16 assists in his CAREER, can't pass, can't finish, scores a worldie every six months, has 1 assist and no goals in 2019. Now as impressive as that is for a RW I would prefer someone who:

Still has pace, scores goals, gets assists, has a decisive pass in his locker, maybe has something to prove, is proven in the Premier League, would without doubt be the best attacker at the club at present, can cross, can interchange and is a proven winner and big game player.

Is that reason enough why to take a chance on him for a year if we can't sign anyone else, I know Lingard & Mata have been phenomenal on the right wing but maybe we give someone else a chance to constantly do feck all?

Also, why are we not after winning trophies next year? Premier League is out of the question but FA Cup, League Cup & Europa League, why are we not wanting to win any of them?

If you need any other explanations, let me know.

StrettyEnder07

Oh yeah mate we have had some absolute nightmares with "big game players", Veron, Di Maria, Pogba, Falcao, Sanchez, Schweinsteiger, as you say Ibra the only one that has worked out lately.

Prior to that you look at Larsson who done well in his 6 months and obviously Teddy.

I'm sure we can attract a lot of very good talent this summer, only issue we have is Munich/Milan clubs/Madrid and Barca all rebuilding this summer so you would imagine all the big boys will be in for all the same players.

PSG sniffing around Pepe, City with Maguire, Koulibaly is a maybe, De Ligt will prob end up at Barca, Sancho looks like he wants to stay in Germany.

Happy for us to look at Premier League quality the only issue is the premium you pay, I mean being quoted 70m for Wan Biasska, jesus he has had one season, why we are now looking at Munier for 25m, Premier League players just mentally overpriced.

Ha yeah mate you win the UCL and we can all move on, can't bare them lot winning it jesus wept!

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Could be a good short term solution, and experienced at all levels of football, but wouldn't want to pay too much, and would have part of his contract with a pay if play clause. Could be interesting if we also signed James, he could learn a lot from Bale over the next two/three years, possibly taking Bale's mantle in the Welsh national team.

Hammondo

So why would I want Gareth Bale on loan instead of putting up with Lingard.

Ok so Lingard has 16 assists in his CAREER, can't pass, can't finish, scores a worldie every six months, has 1 assist and no goals in 2019. Now as impressive as that is for a RW I would prefer someone who:

Still has pace, scores goals, gets assists, has a decisive pass in his locker, maybe has something to prove, is proven in the Premier League, would without doubt be the best attacker at the club at present, can cross, can interchange and is a proven winner and big game player.

Is that reason enough why to take a chance on him for a year if we can't sign anyone else, I know Lingard & Mata have been phenomenal on the right wing but maybe we give someone else a chance to constantly do feck all?

Also, why are we not after winning trophies next year? Premier League is out of the question but FA Cup, League Cup & Europa League, why are we not wanting to win any of them?

If you need any other explanations, let me know.
Simply because your first premise is a lie, it is not a choice of Lingard of Bale. This makes everything you wrote total crap.

StrettyEnder07

Simply because your first premise is a lie, it is not a choice of Lingard of Bale. This makes everything you wrote total crap.
Its hypothetically FFS, jesus christ we might buy Brooks or Pepe or whoever, what I'm saying Einstein is if it is a choice of signing no RW or taking Bale on loan for a season, it will be a huge upgrade on what we currently have!

What part of it don't you understand? FML clueless

StrettyEnder07

Can someone help me out here, feel like I'm talking to a 7 year old, have a good weekend lad, I'm in to good a mood for a Friday to be dealing with you.

Btw, don't be calling me a liar

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

What would we achieve with 1 year of Bale paying him 2-300k a week? Serious question. Obviously improves on Lingard or whoever, but we're not winning the title with Messi let alone fecking Bale. I would just prioritize fixing CB, RB and the whole midfield if we can't get our main right wing targets. A team with the midfield and defence sorted once they blend together will take us a lot further and set us up better long term (and help Martial, Rashford and Pogba find more consistency over a season without a doubt) compared to sacrifice on those positions to get a stop gap in at right wing. Either way if we sort out our midfield and defence I think we'll get top 4 (or win the Europa League). With Bale here but without sorting out the defence, I dont think we do that. With Bale here and with us sorting out the midfield and defence, I don't think it would change anything significant in terms of league position.